Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 257 Words
  • 820 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

NaPoWriMo - 2017 - 13. April 13 : Where I Proposed Him

Prompt : Absurdist Prose Poems, Round Two
The Prompt is to write some absurdist prose poems.

Where I Proposed Him

I sighed. You sprinted towards me as I was waiting for almost half an hour. 'Is it time!?' you ask. 'Its nearly is!' I reply. We walked, hand in hand, as you dragged me to the shore. We stood still, where the waves touched our ankles for we have folded jeans just below the knees. 'Look. There it is.' Your face turned bright with the flowing emotions and that killer smile. As you warned me, I looked as the tiny rays expanded on the surface of the greenish blue water. My eyes got wide with awe. As the sun came up, the vast horizon dazzled with the golden aura. And we turned our faces to our right, where clouds occupied both the sea and sky, and we saw the rain. Standing there, along with you, seeing both the sunrise and the rain at the same time made it the most love-filled moment of my life. I whispered your name, as the wind blew through your soft hair. You turned towards me, abruptly our lips touched. I didn't want to miss the moment, so I stayed there where my lips touched yours. You responded with a surprised, yet again, a calm look rather than disgust or hatred. With a relief, I spoke those words that had been waiting for almost eight years.

'I Love You.'

A splash of water on my face; I was awake from the dream to look into your smiling face asking me to look at the raising sun.

:thankyou: to Val for helping me by providing me the prompts. :thankyou: to Parker for taking care of the little mistakes of grammar. :thankyou: to all for reading, liking, and reviewing. All mistakes are undoubtedly mine.

~Emi.

Copyright © 2017 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This was another beautiful poem/prose, Emi! I loved the end with the narrator finally feeling comfortable saying what he's wanted to say for eight years.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

While I wouldn't call this absurd, it's quite lovely.  I can picture everything clearly and loved the end.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 14/04/2017 at 8:48 AM, Lisa said:

This was another beautiful poem/prose, Emi! I loved the end with the narrator finally feeling comfortable saying what he's wanted to say for eight years.

 

The end actually an incomplete one as for me. Because... Nah, you gotta read the last line got added today to know it. I hope you will enjoy the new change in the poem. Thank you for reading it before and reviewing. :)

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
On 17/04/2017 at 11:37 PM, AC Benus said:

Super strong poem. Vivid images - I can almost smell the sea and approaching rain. wow

 

I am very glad to know you feel the poem. Somewhat proud also. Thank you for the nice words. And thanks for reading and reviewing. And there is new line got added today. Check it if you want. :)

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
On 01/05/2017 at 3:14 AM, Valkyrie said:

While I wouldn't call this absurd, it's quite lovely.  I can picture everything clearly and loved the end.  

 

Actually that is no end my friend. Check out the changes added (in bold letters). Thanks for reading it before and sharing your thoughts. :)

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..