Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 255 Words
  • 791 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

NaPoWriMo - 2017 - 25. April 25 : Love of Two Perky Swans

Prompt : Anthology Titles Jumpstarts 2017
This year my list of titles comes from Sunflower Splendor: Three Thousand Years of Chinese Poetry. You can start with a title from this list or find one in some other anthology’s table of contents. Pick a title and write a poem, or see how many of these titles you can include in a single poem that still has meaning and sense. Or perhaps repeat one title as an anaphora phrase to begin each line or stanza.

A jump start poem as required by the prompt. The title I had used as jump start are in bold letters.

Love of Two Perky Swans

No word
Is enough, when
His lengthy fingers play
That electrical instrument
For me

On sound
I boldly dance
Was creation of him
Which mesmerised the cores of
My heart

Spring rain
Soaked us throughout
Yet, we just carry out
Like two perky swans, in the lake
Of love

Pale blaze
In the mountains
Click some pictures of us
Of our precious moments and when
We kiss

 

 

The below two poems are emerged using only the titles of the poetry anthologies. But they were not jump start poems like above. You can call the as found poetry, as I selected titles from the anthology titles list in the prompt send by Val and GA. The first one is from the GA poetry anthology titles as the second one from Val's prompt and anthology titles suggestions. I wanted to write so many, but haven't got that much time to do so, even though I was excited about the prompt. Enjoy them well.

 

Storm

Cracks of time
Whispers in the dark.
Remember,
A storm is coming
Into the unknown

 

Random Pleasures

Let me gallop, let me go
To amuse myself
Climbing the heights
To try to find
Random pleasures
Upon seeing the fireflies
Strolling along the riverbank,
Looking for flowers
Thinking of the way home
In a dream I traveled among
The weary road
Enjoying coolness

A big thanks to Val for helping me by providing me the prompts. Hearty thanks to all for spending your precious time for reading my poetry and don't forget to reviewing for my poems. Undoubtedly all mistakes are mine.
~Emi.
Copyright © 2017 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 26/04/2017 at 1:02 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Both of these i enjoyed very much. Lovely, Emi. Really well done!

 

Glad you enjoyed reading them. I know I can get more anxious sometimes and this day has been one of them. So is the three poems. The more the merrier. Thanks for putting your time to read and review. 

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
On 27/04/2017 at 1:56 AM, asamvav111 said:

Like two perky swans, in the lake

 

One Like is not enough.

 

Wow! Glad you felt like that. And I know I am smiling wide. Thank you so much for the compliment Sas...

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..