Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 106 Words
  • 905 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

NaPoWriMo - 2017 - 24. April 24 : Realm of a Spirit

Prompt : Simic Epigraph Prompt
The prompt is to use a Simic line as a diving board from which to spring into your own new poem.

Realm of a Spirit

I left parts of myself everywhere
The way absent-minded people leave
Gloves and umbrellas.

Hands and legs for forebearers
The way they get support to stand from
Walking sticks and stands.

Shoulders for kinfolks, for mates
To hold on to and, sometimes, to let go; as
For coffers and kleenex.

Brain for the psychos
To invade and molest; as
For blinds and ties and cursed objects.

Heart for the butcher

Who have the taste for slaught and sell
Behalf of meet for treat.

Blood for the vampires
Who suck out the state of being alive
Behalf of the treasures hold.

A big thanks to Val for helping me by providing me the prompts. Hearty thanks to all for spending your precious time for reading my poetry and don't forget to reviewing for my poems. Undoubtedly all mistakes are mine.
~Emi.
Copyright © 2017 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 26/04/2017 at 0:57 AM, Mikiesboy said:

ohh i like this one Emi!! Super!

 

Glad to hear that tim. I can say it was a mad poem, without a proper start or without proper ending. Thanks for reading and reviewing tim... :)

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
On 27/04/2017 at 2:02 AM, asamvav111 said:

I left parts of myself everywhere 
The way absent-minded people leave 

 

 

 

Well done. Bravo.

 

Oh! Those were not my words Sas. According to the prompt, I took those lines as a jump start for the poem. And I extracted those words from the prompt that was provided by Val. So I don't know who is the accurate guy who deserves the compliments. Thanks for reading and reviewing...

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..