Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 126 Words
  • 599 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

NaPoWriMo - 2017 - 16. April 16 : My pretty little angel

Prompt : Concerning Angels
Write about angels — directly, obliquely, humorously, mockingly or however. Just let an angel somehow into your poem.

My baby doll, my brother's daughter, has grown into a fine girl. Yesterday at the engagement ceremony, she suddenly looked mature than her age. Gosh! She is growing fast...

 

My pretty little angel

About eight years ago
I hold her precious
As her look fall on me
She never leaves my hand
And never sleep
Until I hold her in my arms

'Now' was a different story
She looks like an angel
But in a mature way
She still hold my hands
But in a royal grasp
She still sleep in my lap
But with cautious mind

A little baby
Was now acute one
My little angel
Was now dazzling princess
This beautiful girl
In about time, will be a fine woman soon

:thankyou: to Val for helping me by providing me the prompts. :thankyou: to all for reading, liking, and reviewing. All mistakes are undoubtedly mine.

~Emi.

Copyright © 2017 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I agree with Parker - a lovely poem. The images are all couched in white :) 

 

Thanks for posting it 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 17/04/2017 at 4:42 PM, Parker Owens said:

This is a great story you tell in this poem. You do it with grace and economy. Lovely. 

 

That's so generous of you thinking of me like that. Thanks for the kind words Parker. I really appreciate it...

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
On 17/04/2017 at 11:25 PM, AC Benus said:

I agree with Parker - a lovely poem. The images are all couched in white :) 

 

Thanks for posting it 

 

Thanks Ben. Your support is always makes believe in myself. Thanks for always supporting me...

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
On 21/04/2017 at 9:33 AM, Lisa said:

This is a beautiful poem for your beautiful niece. :)  They do grow up fast! :(

 

Yes, you are right. They do grow up fast. She has been very mature in her behaviour and always brilliant yet act silly. She is really my angel. And I love her with my heart. Thanks for reading and the comments. I appreciate your support...

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..