Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 2,847 Words
  • 1,033 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between high school aged males. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

Rocked To The Core - 11. Lawyers, Apartments, and Trucks, Oh My

Sorry for the slight delay, writer's block and life got in the way.

Friday June 16 - Dinner at Derek's

After a shopping trip and dropping the food off at Jeremy's, it was time to head to my house for dinner. I warned Jeremy that he'll probably get hit by a wave of questions. He said he was ready. We'll see. We talked about the potential job change and name change and decided to not bring those up for now. We need to consult a lawyer first.

"Hi Derek, and welcome, Jeremy."

"Thanks, Mrs. A."

"The meat loaf has a little while to go yet, so why don't we all sit in the living room for a few minutes. Derek, go ahead and get your father out of his office, and grab Frank too, if you wish.

I come back with dad and Frank, bring Jeremy and me sodas, and the 3rd degree commences.

"So, how are you feeling, Jeremy?"

"I feel pretty good, Mrs. A. Still have the occasional headache, but they're not too bad. The memory seems to be pretty complete. I haven't run across anything yet that would indicate a gap on anything important."

"And Derek says you're planning on him moving in with you?"

"That's correct, Mr. A. Are you all OK with that?"

"I know I am" said Frank.

"He just wants my room."

"Yes. We talked about it with Derek. It's his decision, he's an adult now."

Dad continues the interrogation.

"So, how will your job work with your direct supervisor dying?"

"I called the company, and they'll take me back when I'm ready to come back. I'll be assigned to work with someone else."

"That's pretty nice of them."

"Yeah, they're a little short-handed now with William dying and me being out. Waiting another week or so for me is more efficient than training someone new, I guess."

"Yes. That makes sense. So, you think you need another week or so before you're ready to go back?"

"Yes. Since I've gotten all, or at least most, of my memory back, every time I think about going into an incomplete building, I get anxious. I'll have to get past that before I'm ready. Or at least be ready to test myself."

"It sounds like you have everything under control."

"As best as possible, I suppose."

Apparently the interrogation was over, the conversation switched to more general topics. Frank agreed to use William's truck to give Jeremy a lift if he needed one. A little while later, I bring Jeremy home. I stay for a while so we can take a look on the internet for local lawyers specializing in fraud cases. After finding a couple candidates, and since we had made love earlier in the day, we exchanged blowjobs, kissed for about a half-hour, and I said goodbye to head home.

Saturday June 17

Arrrgh. Why does the alarm seem so loud this early in the morning? I'd love to lie here for another half-hour, but if I want to get to work on time, I'll have to roll my ass out of bed now. OK, roll. One more time. Roll... There we go. I head to the bathroom to take care of the morning necessities and hop in the shower. I put on a clean uniform. Hmm, last clean one. I guess I'm doing laundry tonight. Then it's down to the kitchen to find something for breakfast. Eggos and orange juice should do it. I'll drive through DD and get a coffee on the way. When I work on weekends, I'm up before everybody else, and nobody wants to drink the coffee when I make it, rightfully so, so DD gets a little business. Sometimes I add a donut to my order. Today, I'll pick up a dozen to share with my new crew, and since I'll be early, the nighttime guys too.

I get to the squad building and the night shift is still there, it's still a few minutes before my official start time.

"Good morning guys. Help yourself to a couple donuts. Have a quiet night?"

"Not completely, but far from exciting" says Joe Turnbull, the overnight leader.

"Those are the best."

I go to sit down in the break room, but the other guys are still sitting in the lounge. Of course, I don't realize the shootings occurred here. I look at them like 'coming?'

"We're still a little creeped out being in there."

"Why? Oh, is this where the shootings occurred?"

"Yeah. I was kind of wondering how you could stand being in there."

"Um. Yeah. That's because I didn't know exactly where it happened, Joe. I'll bring the donuts back in there."

Aaron and Brad show up a few minutes later, pretty much right on time. Joe and the night crew head out. It was a pretty busy day for us. Lots of people on the road heading for the beach. We had three motor vehicle accidents to deal with, fortunately, no serious injuries. And apparently some sixteen-year-old boy couldn't wait for the 4th of July to light some fireworks last night. Fortunately for the patient, it was a shower of sparks he didn't move his hand away from quick enough. He ended up with second degree burns, but kept all his fingers. That probably wouldn't have been the case if he dawdled over an exploding one. I guess he didn't call last night as soon as it happened to avoid trouble with his parents. I have a feeling they wouldn't have been nearly as pissed off if he said something last night.

I had called Jeremy during a lull in the afternoon to say I'd pick him up for dinner a little after 7. We made sure he had breakfast and lunch fixings after our shopping trip yesterday. I knocked on his door at around 7:10.

"Sorry, didn't realize it was still locked. I didn't go out at all."

"No worries. Ready for food?"

"Always."

We hit the local authentic Mexican place for dinner. Afterwards, Jeremy figured it'd be a good idea if I had a key, since somewhere along the line I'll be moving in, and for the 'you just never know' possibility. We hit Home Depot to take care of that. After that, we headed back to his apartment to see what was available in the area in two bedroom apartments. After seeing the prices on those, we decided we definitely needed to start with a one bedroom. No point on following up on that yet, so we had oral sex and said goodnight.

Monday June 19

Sunday was pretty much a repeat of Saturday, no second degree burn though. I got to Jeremy's a little after 10:00 Monday morning. It was time to start the process of getting Jeremy legal. We got hold of the first couple lawyers on our list, but their website apparently stretched the truth about covering all kinds of cases. Fraud isn't one of 'all kinds' I guess. Our third call hit a brick wall when we insisted on keeping it to the hypothetical. Finally on the fourth call we got someone to listen to our hypothetical situation and told us they could help. We made an appointment for 3:00 the next day to talk over the situation.

Next on the agenda was seeing what was out there for a new job for Jeremy. There wasn't much for an electrician's helper, but we figured, him going back to that would be tricky, with the two names and all. At least until that got straightened out, we figured he really couldn't get a job yet. With nothing more that we could really do today, we settled for making love. You know things are going pretty well if making love is what you're settling for. For a change of pace, Jeremy wanted to bottom for me. Kind of as a thank you for everything I've done for him lately. Nine times out of ten, I'm the bottom. But that's the way we like it anyway.

Tuesday June 20 -Law office

We pull into the parking lot where the law offices of Smythe, Bronson, and Devine are located. We look at the directory and see they're on the 7th floor. We get to the office and are asked to 'please wait a few minutes, Mr. Hamilton will be with us shortly.' Not too bad a wait later, about ten minutes, a tall, very well-dressed gentleman enters the reception area.

"Mr. Berger?"

"Right here."

"Hello. OK, follow me please, we'll go into my office."

It's a pretty nice office, so hopefully we found a good guy to work with.

"Boyd Hamilton, and you are?"

"Derek Arriens, Jeremy's friend."

"OK, well based on the hypothetical description you gave, it would seem only one of you would actually be the client. The second of you being present could cause some attorney-client confidentiality problems. Before we get into any specifics, we need to hash that out and make me being your attorney official."

"How can we keep Derek in the mix and still maintain that confidentiality?"

"That isn't too difficult. Even though Derek isn't directly involved with the alleged fraud, we can make the assumption that he may be a material witness, or perhaps even an accomplice after-the-fact. So you'd both need to sign the retainer. Once that's done, we can forge ahead, and it's all confidential provided you pay the retainer fee on your way out."

"And how much is that?"

"I don't see this as a very difficult case, so $100 would be enough. That will basically cover this consultation, and my fee will be $150 per hour beyond that."

"Wow. Can you take a guess on how many hours it will take you?"

"If it's no more complicated than the description we have, probably around four, possibly as many as eight. We can arrange a payment plan if necessary. One of the perks of being a fairly large firm."

"OK, where do we sign?"

Boyd passes us the form, we need the advice from this first discussion anyway, so we both sign.

"Great, now that we have that taken care of, tell me what we're looking at."

Jeremy describes the escape from his father's, searching for someone to provide the documents, and all the rest.

"Interesting story. I've never met a victim of amnesia before. Anyway, here's the way I see things happening. Jeremy, you write that all up, we'll notarize it and I'll take it to the DA's office. I'll also petition the IRS for your records, that will require a power of attorney, just a formality so I can negotiate on your behalf. Now on the fake ID's, the DA's not really going to care about you, but if you're willing to provide details on who did the work for you, I'm sure we can avoid any jail time, and you just get probation."

"And if there's jail time? What would we be talking?"

"30 to 60 days, but I can't really see the DA's office pushing that if you cooperate."

"I'll definitely cooperate."

"Great. I'll take you to a conference room where you can write up what you told me while I make a couple phone calls. When you're done, you'll come back, I'll look over what you wrote, we'll notarize it, and I'll run with it."

"OK. Let's do it."

"One disclaimer. You won't be able to use the Jeremy Berger identity again."

"As of when?"

"Right now would be ideal. Do you still have your old IDs?"

"Yes."

"OK, first thing you need to do is go to the DMV and transfer your license. That way, you can start working the right side of the law immediately."

So, we go into a small conference room and Jeremy starts writing out his story. I give him a few clarifications where he's not sure of some things. It's about 15 or 20 minutes later and we knock on Mr. Hamilton's door.

"Come on in."

"Here is my statement."

"OK, let me take a look. Good, good. OK. A couple more things to add. I explained the situation to an ADA I know. He popped into his boss' office. They're looking to crack down on false IDs. If you point them at your contact, they'll give you probation and no fine, if it's the one they've been watching. If it's someone else, probation and a $500 fine. So put on there who it was and how you contacted him. After that, I'll start with the IRS. I can't see anything more than paying the back taxes with interest being the penalty there. It would have been worse if you persisted using the fake identity and got caught. Coming forward was the thing to do."

"I only knew the guy as Zeppo, and could get in touch with him at the 14th street homeless shelter."

"That should be enough."

He picks up his phone and asks his assistant to come in with their notary stamp.

"We'll just get you to sign two copies of the power of attorney, get you a copy of the retainer contract, and you can be on your way. I'll give you a call, Bryson, when I have anything to share."

We both thank him. On our way out, I tell Jeremy since I'll be working tomorrow and Thursday, if he wants to get his Florida license taken care of, to call Frank and I'll give him a head's up when I get home. We stop for a couple slices of pizza, but he just wants to be dropped off at home. Meeting with the lawyer, and wondering all day beforehand what might happen was a little stressful and he just needs to relax. He's entitled, so I agree.

Thursday June 22

"Thanks for coming by to take me to DMV, Frank."

"No problem, Jeremy. Need to renew your license?"

"Something like that. I never got a Florida license."

Jeremy wonders how much is safe to share with Frank. He decides as little as possible for the time being. At the DMV, that changes. While waiting for his license to be processed, they called Bryson Burlington. Apparently they had another question. Of course, when Jeremy went to the window, Frank was confused, but waited until they were seated again.

"Why Bryson Burlington?"

"Not here. I'll explain it to you on the way back. But you can't tell anybody. Only Derek knows the whole story."

"OK. You've piqued my curiosity."

"I'm sure."

A few minutes later, Jeremy picks up the first Florida legal document he's ever owned. Back in the truck...

"So, why the different name?"

"OK, like I said, for your ears only. Jeremy Berger is an alias I started using when I moved here. My real name is Bryson Jeremiah Burlington."

"Jeremiah, Jeremy, I get it. And the same last initial. But why?"

"I left home when my father kicked me out after he found out I was gay."

"What an asshole. Oh. Sorry."

"No, you're right, he is an asshole. So I used a new name and didn't use my real name in case he decided to look for me. It probably wouldn't have been difficult for him to find me, but it's the only roadblock I could think of."

"So why go back to Bryson now?"

"Derek convinced me I couldn't keep using Jeremy. It's basically fraud, and it's illegal to possess a fake ID."

"So, do you have to worry about the cops? Like if somehow my father found out?"

"Well, he probably will sooner or later. I'll continue to use Jeremy, I've gotten too used to it, but as a nickname. Derek and I went to see a lawyer on Tuesday to help me through the legal stuff, and the IRS."

"Yeah. Nobody wants the IRS breathing down their neck."

"So, anyway, Mrs. Perch is planning on giving me this truck. Getting it registered and insured in the Jeremy Berger name increases the risk of it all coming down on my head, oooh, bad analogy, all falling apart. So my only choice was to come clean on the fraud and stop using Jeremy Berger."

"Are you afraid your father is still looking for you?"

"A little, but I've got more support here than I had at home, so if he is still looking and I set off some kind of flag, hopefully it won't be a big deal to handle."

"Well, that's fucked up. I hope everything works out for you. I'm behind you too if your father causes trouble. And if he causes any real trouble, I'm sure dad would be willing to step in."

They pull up to Jeremy's apartment, Jeremy warning Frank not to pull into the driveway.

"Thanks. And thanks for picking me up. I can drive again next Friday, two weeks after I got out of the hospital. Hopefully I won't need to bother you too often."

"No bother. If it gets to be a burden, I'll find a way to make Derek pay, hehe."

"K. See you later."


Next Up - "The Berger/Burlington Transition Continues"

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 24
  • Fingers Crossed 4
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

15 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Well, so far this is smoother than I was anticipating.  I really thought there would be more blowback from the DA.  Not sure how the IRS will be, they are always difficult to deal with.  

I do think this is the smart thing to do, clearing everything up before the truck title change would be smart.  Not sure how the job will take all of this, but you never know; if he was a good enough worker, they might be okay.

Glad they are moving forward with trying to find a place to share.  

Nice chapter, let's hope the a-hole father stays away, but betting he doesn't.  LOL

Are you taking lessons from @weinerdog? Predicting what's going to happen in the next chapter? I'm not going to provide any spoilers, but I will say some of that might happen.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Bft

Posted (edited)

I think that Bryson can still use Jeremy as it’s his middle name?

Edited by Bft
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Bft said:

I think that Bryson can still use Jeremy as it’s his middle name?

Good observation. Hope you’re enjoying your binge read. Appreciate it.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..