Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 2,767 Words
  • 1,413 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between high school aged males. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

Rocked To The Core - 14. Permanent Incarceration and Temporary? Freedom

Saturday June 24 - Back with Jeremy

As I'm sitting on the bench, I review the past little while in my head. I ran so fast, I didn't take stock of my surroundings. I remember someone calling my name, but in the moment, I assumed it was my father. Now, in retrospect, I know it wasn't his voice. I ran past the Ferguson's yard. Mr. Ferguson was out back doing yardwork. I know he saw me. I wonder if he saw me coming out of my window. Have to keep that in mind in case the cops need any witnesses. Cops. Damn. I get free from my father and I'm just going to go to jail in 3 weeks. Do I even go back to Florida? How would I get there? I can't just not go back. Derek will be a wreck. I shouldn't have been so hard on him. He didn't make me use a fake name and get fake IDs, my stupid father did that. Now he kidnaps me. I have to go to the cops so he pays for that. Nobody knows where I am except that asshole. I need to call Derek, at least let him know I'm OK. I don't have my phone. I guess I'm lucky I have my wallet. Dad obviously isn't the best kidnapper. I know I shouldn't use my Jeremy Berger ID and credit cards any more, but I have to get a cheap phone. The Wal-mart is another half mile down the road. I don't have to run this time.

I pick up a cheap phone and buy a phone card with 200 minutes on it. It's almost 5:00; is Derek working today? Well, he may not answer anyway, not recognizing the number. I dial his number and unfortunately, it goes to voice mail. I'll send a text, too much to say in a voice mail message.

'Hi Derek. It's Jeremy. First, I want to say I'm sorry for treating you like shit. That being said, I'm in a pickle. Dad kidnapped me and brought be back to Georgia. I was able to get out of the house though. If something happens to me, my next door neighbor, Mr. Ferguson, saw me running away from my house. Use that information to help put my dad away. I'm at a Wal-mart where I bought a cheap phone. I'm going to grab some food. Call me at this number when you can. Please?'

OK. That's done. There's a Taco Bell on the other side of the highway. I need to eat. I'm halfway across the parking lot and the phone rings.

"Derek. Thanks for calling."

"Are you OK?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. My dad kidnapped me but I broke the window in my room and escaped."

"I know. About the kidnap anyway. I went over to your apartment around noon and you weren't there. Your phone was, so initially I assumed you took a walk for lunch. I went back later and Mrs. Linden said she saw someone who claimed to be your father carry you out to a car."

"Yeah, it was definitely that asshole. Thank God for nosy landladies."

"Why did you say 'if something happens to you'?"

"I don't know what he's capable of. If he catches up to me again somehow, I don't know, he might even kill me."

"I don't think you'll need to worry about that. I called the cops as soon as I knew you'd been taken. They were going to call the Georgia cops. At some point in time, he'll have to be picked up."

"So, I was dreading going to the cops here and being sent back there, but I guess if I want him punished, I have to go."

"Yes. You do. For a few reasons; if you don't come back for the trial, any plea bargain your lawyer worked out is toast, you'll definitely be looking at five years, maybe more with additional charges. Second, do you really want him to get away with it? Last but not least. Me. I'm here."

"I know. I know. If I do turn myself in, I may not be able to call you. They'll probably have to keep me in custody until they send me back."

"That's another good reason. If your father somehow avoids being picked up, or gets released, he can't get to you if the police have you."

"OK. I'll call them now. I don't know when I'll talk to you again. Worst case I'll get Mr. Hamilton to let you know what's going on."

"I'll be OK now that I know you're safe. Turn yourself in and I'll talk to you when you're able. I love you Jeremy."

"I love you too, Derek. And somehow, I'll make up being a dick to you."

"Just get back here safe, that'll be enough."

"I'll try. Can you text me Hamilton's phone number? I'll want to call him when the police take me in."

"Will do."

"OK. Bye."

"Bye."

"Information, how may I help you?"

"I need the number for the Cleveland, Georgia police non-emergency line."

"I can get that for you, would you like me to connect you directly?"

"Yes. Please."

Ring, ring.

"Cleveland police department, how may I direct your call?"

"Hi. This is Bryson Burlington. I was kidnapped and escaped, I need to talk to somebody about that."

"Please hold one minute."

"Hello, Mr. Burlington? This is detective Dawson. Are you OK?"

"Yes. Aside from being shook up after everything, I'm not hurt."

"Good. The state police already have your father in custody, we were informed because the troopers thought you'd contact us first. I'm sorry to say, but there's also a warrant out for your arrest. Something about fraud in Florida?"

"Yes. I'm out on bail. But I didn't have a choice leaving the state."

"I understand that. Would you tell me where you are?"

"Yes. I'm at the Taco Bell on 129, near the Cleveland Wal-mart. I'd like to get something to eat before I get taken in."

"Not a problem. I'll be there in about 10 minutes. I have to call the state police and apprise them of the situation. If you're still eating, I'll be fine waiting for you to finish."

"Thank you detective. I guess I'll see you in a little while."

"Yes. I have to warn you. It won't be good if you're not there."

"I know. I'll be here."

I'm just finishing my drink when a gentleman in a suit walks into the restaurant. I wave at him.

"Bryson?"

"Yes. Detective Dawson?"

"Correct."

"I'm ready to go."

"If you don't mind, I want to grab some food as well. We can talk about the situation while I'm eating."

"Sure, no problem."

He comes back a couple minutes later.

"What can you tell me about the kidnapping?"

"I don't remember much. I was asleep in my apartment when my father put a rag over my face. I wasn't awake very long. I woke up once again in the car, on our way back to the house. I said something to annoy him, he hit me, then he gave me another smell from the rag. I woke up in my old bedroom, broke the window, crawled out, and ran. I remember my next door neighbor Mr. Ferguson calling me, so he at least saw me running from the house. I don't know if he saw me go out the window."

"We can check that. What else?"

"I went to the Wal-mart, bought a cheap phone, called a friend back in Florida to let him know what happened and that I was OK, then I called you."

"It's probably not important to our case, but out of curiosity, can you tell me about the fraud?"

"I got fake a ID and was living under an assumed name for the past couple years. I wanted to avoid my father. After turning myself in, the detective in Florida said the ADA indicated I'd get probation, but I guess something changed their minds and I was charged with a second-degree misdemeanor. Like I said on the phone, I was out on bail when my father snatched me."

He finished eating and was nice enough to wait until we got to his car to cuff me. Apparently because I'd cooperated so far, he trusted me enough to wait and not make a scene in the restaurant. Once we get to the police station, I ask if I can call my lawyer before they take my phone. Again, the detective cuts me a break.

"Boyd Hamilton's answering service, how can I help you?"

"Hi. This is Bryson Burlington. I wanted to let Mr. Hamilton know that I was kidnapped and taken to Georgia. The Cleveland, Georgia police are taking me into custody."

"Yes, I have another message from a Derek Arriens for Mr. Hamilton to the same effect. I'll text him and make him aware of the situation. If you're in Georgia though, I'm not sure what he can do for you."

"I'm guessing they'll send me back to Florida at some point. Just let him know, he won't be able to get hold of me anyway."

"OK. Anything else, Mr. Burlington?"

"No. Thank you. Bye."

"Goodbye."

"OK detective, show me to my room."

"Hehe. There's a little paperwork we need to take care of first."

He gets me processed and takes me to a holding cell.

"As soon as we hear from your lawyer, we'll work out the next steps. I'll be talking to the DA's office in the meantime, so they have your side of the kidnapping."

"Thanks. I guess I'll see you around."

"Yes. Just relax and let the wheels of justice spin. I'm sure everything will work out for you, perhaps another short stay in jail in Florida and then it's back to your life, without any worries about your father."

"I think I'll just sleep as long as I can."

"Haha. OK. See you later."

Not a whole lot happens for Jeremy until Monday, after his father's arraignment. We'll sit in on that next.

Monday June 26 - Criminal Court, Cleveland Georgia

"State of Georgia vs. Aloysius Burlington. Mr. Dilts, how does your client plead?"

"Not guilty your honor. There is no proof that he committed the crime."

"The extra information isn't necessary, nor desired, at this time, Mr. Dilts."

"Sorry, your honor."

"Mr. Baker, the prosecution?"

"Thank you your honor. Contrary to Mr. Dilts' belief, the state does have proof that a crime was committed. We have the young man who was kidnapped in custody, and we have a witness who saw the victim climbing through a window at his home and running away. Plus plenty of forensic evidence that the vicitim was present."

"Objection. This alleged location was the young man's bedroom before he moved out. That evidence would be expected."

"Sustained. Why is the victim in custody?

"Your honor. The victim taped the window before breaking it. His fingerprints were found on that tape on the window. The state believes that proves he was there subsequent to the kidnapping. He is in custody because he is on bail awaiting trial for an unrelated case in Florida."

"Very well, Mr. Baker. The previous objection is thus overruled. Anything else?"

"Yes, your honor. Since the victim was kidnapped in Florida..."

"Objection. Allegedly kidnapped your honor."

"Sustained."

"Since the alleged kidnap occurred in Florida, transporting the victim across state lines makes it a federal crime. The Cleveland DA's department will be handing the case over to the Attorney General's office, so we request bail be withheld. Mr. Burlington has the means to disappear if he so desires."

"OBJECTION! Really, Baker?"

"Sustained. But I agree because of the impending transfer of the suspect to federal custody, the state of Georgia does not wish to take any chance of flight. Bail is denied. I will not set a trial date since it is obvious a trial won't occur in this court. We are adjourned."

Back at Jeremy's holding cell.

"Mr. Burlington, your lawyer is here. Come with me please."

I follow the officer to an interview room. A man I don't know is sitting there.

"Bryson Burlington?"

"Yes."

"Hello, I'm Steven Abington. I was contacted by your Florida Lawyer, Boyd Hamilton, and asked to assist you here."

"Hello Mr. Abington, thank you."

"We have a fairly unique situation here. A victim of a kidnapping being out on bail for another crime. Fortunately, in your case that other crime is a misdemeanor and non-violent. You have a couple choices. First, and the path I would recommend, is that you remain in custody here in Cleveland, any time served will be applied to your sentence in Florida, Mr. Hamilton has already gotten that confirmation from the DA's office there. The main reason I say to stay in custody is for your protection. I understand your father may have contacts in, let's just say the seedier side of town, and you may be in danger if you are free. Another choice is I petition the court to allow your bail to be applicable here, which should be a formality, and you'd be free to go. Lastly, you get extradited back to Florida and await trial there."

"I guess staying here is probably the way to go. Would you contact my mother and let her know I'm here?"

"Yes, I can do that. Anything else you need?"

"I'd like a couple books if that's allowed. Maybe when you talk to my mother she can let you into my bedroom there and get my my copy of The Stand, and The Talisman?"

"Again, I can do that. I'll be in touch. Here is my card, in case you have a need to contact me."

Tuesday June 27

I'm brought to the interview room once again to speak with my lawyer.

"Good morning Mr. Burlington. I trust you're being treated well here?"

"Yes. I have no complaints. Did you talk to my mother?"

"Yes. About that. I'm sorry to say your mother passed away almost two years ago."

"No. Oh, fuck."

"I'm sorry. This is going to be difficult for you to hear. Apparently, she fell down the steps breaking her neck. However, in the course of searching the house for evidence to convict your father of the kidnapping charge, other evidence was found that disproved that explanation. I'm not at liberty to say exactly what that was, but suffice to say, it points at the likelihood that your father murdered her."

"That son of a bitch."

"Yes. Well, in addition to the charges related to the kidnapping, he's been charged with murder as well."

"Good. I hope they fry his fucking ass. Shit. Maybe you can get hold of one or both of my brothers?"

"Already done. Being out of town, they both indicated they would come to visit you this weekend."

"Thank you Mr. Abington." I say, trying my hardest to hold back the tears.

"I therefore couldn't get into your home to get the books you requested, but considering the circumstances, I did purchase a copy of each for you. The police are making sure I hid nothing in them, you should have them a little later today."

"Thanks again."

"I'll remain in touch. The Attorney General has arranged for a hearing on the kidnapping next Monday, so you can share your story. Then you will be free to return to Florida. The kidnapping trial will likely follow the murder trial and be a number of months down the road, so you won't need to remain in Georgia all that time."

"OK. Will you let Mr. Hamilton know and share that information with my boyfriend, Derek?"

"Of course. I probably won't see you again until Monday at that hearing, but if you need anything, feel free to contact me."

I'm returned to my cell. I don't know which emotion to feel. Grief because my mother is dead, or anger because that bastard probably killed her. Grief wins out and I spend the rest of the morning crying on my bed. I don't even notice when they bring me lunch and the two books Abington bought for me. I spend the rest of the week in a daze, swapping back and forth between anger and grief. After a couple days the anger begins to push the grief into the background. It comes back with a vengeance on Saturday when the first visit from one of my brothers occurs.


Next Up - "A Teary Reunion, the Hearing, and Florida"

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 10
  • Wow 9
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 15
  • Angry 4
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well as @weinerdog named the father as a POS, I am stunned to find out he is now implicated in the death of his wife...Fry his ass!!!

As to the charges facing Jeremy/Bryson in Florida...it is well past time to use all that has happened with B/J, use the publicity machine!!!

Bryson's father gave him every reason to flee...he was in fear of this life, that the father has contacts in the seedier part of town giving him easy access to obtaining information on his son, he had no reason to get that kind of information access so quickly!!

Turn this into a young man fleeing for his safety and the DA's case crumble as considering B/J did the right thing and turned himself  in to correct his mistakes...Fry the DA in the court of public opinion!!!!!

Not that I have any strong feelings on this....

Edited by drsawzall
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drsawzall said:

Well as @weinerdog named the father as a POS, I am stunned to find out he is no implicated in the death of his wife...Fry his ass!!!

As to the charges facing Jeremy/Bryson in Florida...it is well past time to use all that has happened with B/J, use the publicity machine!!!

Bryson's father gave him every reason to flee...he was in fear of this life, that the father has contacts in the seedier part of town giving him easy access to obtaining information on his son, he had no reason to get that kind of information access so quickly!!

Turn this into a young man fleeing for his safety and the DA's case crumble as considering B/J did the right thing and turned himself  in to correct his mistakes...Fry the DA in the court of public opinion!!!!!

Not that I have any strong feelings on this....

He’s a Rottweiler sized POS.

The jury’s still out on the DA, pun intended.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

This father is a real ass; first he kicks his son out for being gay; then tracks him down and kidnaps him to send him to a conversion camp; then we find out he possible murdered his wife.  

I swear if Jeremy did not have crappy luck; he wouldn't have any at all.

Glad his other lawyer arranged for one here to help him; and it is better for him to stay there and get that time in being served.  The authorities were he is now; want him to testify against his father so they will make sure he is protected and treated right.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, centexhairysub said:

This father is a real ass; first he kicks his son out for being gay; then tracks him down and kidnaps him to send him to a conversion camp; then we find out he possible murdered his wife.  

I swear if Jeremy did not have crappy luck; he wouldn't have any at all.

Glad his other lawyer arranged for one here to help him; and it is better for him to stay there and get that time in being served.  The authorities were he is now; want him to testify against his father so they will make sure he is protected and treated right.

 

I definitely wrote him as an ass. Lots of agreement there.

That was Rodney Dangerfield, wasn’t it? “If I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.” I hear his voice in my head.

Hamilton is a good one for sure. Maybe even a magician.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/17/2023 at 8:19 PM, Lee Wilson said:

He’s a Rottweiler sized POS.

The jury’s still out on the DA, pun intended.

Rottie not big enough, try Great Dane / Cane Corso mix. Giant.

dog GIF by Westminster Kennel Club

  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Rottie not big enough, try Great Dane / Cane Corso mix. Giant.

dog GIF by Westminster Kennel Club

True that. I used to have a next-door neighbor with two hors... er, Great Danes. Four-foot fence and the dogs were almost as tall as it with all four paws on the ground.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..