Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 433 Words
  • 1,942 Views
  • 51 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

tim's Fast n Flashy Fiction - 1. Courting Ruin

For the Pick Two Game for the newletter

Courting Ruin

 

Joey opened the front door and found a ruin. Joey stared, shocked, but then Joey remembered he had court and he’d have to deal with this mess later. Better just to shut the door, but he had to get through his so-called living room to get his robes and notes.

As he picked his way through the mayhem that had been his front room it was a relief to get to the hall, where there seemed to be less devastation. Strange thuds and bangs came from the bedroom.

“Thank God the bedroom door was closed,” he thought. He stood before it with his hand hovering over the doorknob, and thought for a moment. “It had been, right? I mean it couldn’t have closed on its own? Oh, I don’t want to go in there right now.”

Slowly, he returned to the main room in his apartment, picking up a vase here, and one of his deceased mother’s gnomes there. After placing his treasures on the sofa table, he fanned himself with a stray notepad. He sat on the sofa and called Charles. “He’ll know what to do.”

“Charles Preston.”

“Charlie, it’s me.”

“You okay? Why are you breathing hard? You’re not … you know, are you? I have no time for phone … play!”

“What? No! The front room, the whole place is destroyed. I’ve got to get my robes from the bedroom. Did you close the door this morning?”

“Joey, first, calm down. What are you talking about? Go into the bedroom and get your robes.”

“Charlie, I don’t want to go in there … at least not alone. It may be in there …. I heard noises again.”

“Oh, my God … you are really calling me before I do this presentation I’ve worked on for three months to tell me you can’t go into the bedroom on your own?”

“Charlie, I ….”

Joey could see Charlie rolling his eyes as he sighed. “Joey, babe, you’ll be fine. There’s nothing in there. I’m sure I closed the door before I left. Have to dash. Love you; kisses for later!”

Joey stared at the phone before pressing the red button to hang up. He got to his feet, pulled up his jeans and walked with purpose to the bedroom. Without hesitation he turned the knob and threw open the door.

“Oh, my God!”

The room was awash with feathers; their antique comforter torn up and there before him, hanging from what was left of his shredded black robes, was their eight-month-old Siamese.

“Ruin! What have you done?”

Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



LOL What an ending! I am still laughing, because of the surprise. Every baby-cat owner knows this. Great, really great work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Lyssa said:

LOL What an ending! I am still laughing, because of the surprise. Every baby-cat owner knows this. Great, really great work.

:) yay happy it made you smile! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Giggle... Yes, the little hellraisers can be a handful. If Joey is that sensitive, maybe they should’ve considered adopting a grown cat...? His poor robes...

Lol yesss poor Joey. Thanks for reading Puppilull! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Kitt said:

My brothers cat named himself trouble, so I know exactly what poor Joey is going through! I laughed at them too!

☺ happy you enjoyed this! Thanks Kitt!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
19 hours ago, northie said:

tim, your story made me smile and laugh. Good any time - but on yet another day of upsetting news (national, not personal), even better.

Pleased it gave some small respite on such a difficult day.  tim xoxo 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

LOL Perfect name for a cat!  They are little bundles of destruction.  Nice job, Tim. :) 

Thanks Val. It was fun. @aditus pics and the comments inspired me! Thanks for reading Val!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
18 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

ROFLMAO!!! :gikkle::rofl: Love it Tim!

Happy it got you on the floor! Lol

  • Like 3
Link to comment
18 hours ago, mayday said:

So cute! But I cannot imagine Joey in court... stereotypes, I know...

I know right. Poor Joey! Thanks for reading!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..