Jump to content
    Palantir
  • Author
  • 4,918 Words
  • 1,779 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Widderkin - 51. Chapter 51

Chapter 51.

 

Kieran and Rhys were having a catch up time before going to sleep, sharing their thoughts about the day’s activities and, in particular, the way the visiting Realm Rulers had involved themselves.

"It was a really interesting day, Kieran. What do you think of them? Apart from your father I mean."

"Apart? Why leave him out, Rhys?"

"Well, the more I watch him the more he's like a version of you. Tan reckons you must have grown up fairly close to him when you were little because you’ve got so many of the same mannerisms."

"I have? Like what?"

Instant laughter.

"Like the tiny angle you tilt your head and lift your eyebrows kind of unevenly for a questioning look."

"Do I do that?"

A little grunt of self-amusement followed.

"... I felt it happen now that you’ve made me conscious of it. Have I done it all the time?"

"Yeah! But it’s so natural we never noticed till Aglaron did exactly the same thing and Tan called it a mannerism."

"Tan does notice things the rest of us miss. I wondered why that description didn't quite feel like it was yours."

"... So if you’re leaving Aglaron out that means you like him?"

"Kieran, of course I do. He might be the High King of all Faerie but he was one of us for Woorawa’s story at the campfire. He set the example for Uirebon and Lady Narello to join in, and his wonder and excitement for Woorawa when it finished carried every one of us with him."

Kieran nudged his head against Rhys’s shoulder.

"That's for sure. Ranevargar always says he has the most powerful personality in the Realms, and he let it loose for Woorawa."

"Ha! Uirebon won't be questioning any more how a song and dance can be effective against Power. He was gobsmacked."

"Lady Narello was more than gobsmacked, Rhys. Ranevargar noticed her wiping away tears, and when he sneaked a peek to make sure she was okay she was simply overwhelmed."

"How did he see that? It was dark."

"Not with his eyes. He uses our mind merge to monitor how they’re reacting to everything."

"All the time? Why aren't you wrecked?"

"We would be if it was full on, like with Maynor and the Council, but we’ve had lots of practice since then and this is just a smidgen of merge ... And I like Uirebon and Lady Narello more and more as time goes on too. It's weird, like they’re different people to the ones we were so angry with."

"Me too. I can hardly believe I called Lady Narello the Wicked Witch. Did you see her splashing water in Maurice’s face at the Oasis? She should have melted."

Kieran twisted his head, rather awkwardly, towards Rhys.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"We’ll have to get you reading more when we get home, Kieran, or watching movies. It's one of the best bits of the story. When the Wicked Witch of the West gets water on her she melts."

"... Weird!"

There was a quiet time for a while.

"Well, I'm gobsmacked too. I wonder if Woorawa's dances will be the same when we’re outside the Realms?"

"I reckon they will, Kieran. They work for Tan and me and we’re not elves ... We didn't learn much new from Uirebon did we?"

"About getting home? No! It was all interesting, but disappointing about portalling ... Woorawa knows best so we’ll have a big talk with him about how to keep Tan from worrying too much."

"Yeah! Good thinking! I reckon he'll be okay while this visit lasts … It’ll be an interesting day tomorrow too. Did you see the looks from Uirebon and Lady Narello when Ranevargar said we’d all be riding Panthers while we’re out on the plains?"

"No. Did they looked nervous? ... and you left Aglaron out again."

"Only because he looked eager instead of wary like the other two."

"That’d be right. He likes his association with the Griffins Ranevargar loaned him so much we think he’s going to ask if he can keep one permanently."

"Association? Does that mean something special?"

"Yes. It’s not a bond like you’ve got with Krol and Maurice, but he does understand and admire them in a different way to Uirebon and Lady Narello, who kind of look on them as transport and not much more."

"Like your King of the Animals thing?"

"I suppose. He did tell us it runs in the family."

"Ha! When he sees you with the animals tomorrow he’ll blow his mind with how far it runs."

"I don't think that’s all me, Rhys. It must be one of the things the Opal enhanced."

"The Eagle and the honeyeater came to you before you had the Opal ... Hey, I wonder if the Realm animals react extra strongly because it’s been built into them with Ranevargar's network?"

"That makes a lot of sense. We’ll find out as soon as we get back to Melbourne."

After the contemplative pause that brought, Rhys went on.

"It might work well for Aglaron if he had a permanent Griffin at the High Castle."

"It would but he’ll be disappointed because Ranevargar won't him give him one, at least not permanently."

"??"

"They’re Guardians, Rhys, and being away from Ranevargar and their Realm is too hard for them. If the seven he’s got now aren’t swapped after three or four weeks they’ll start pining."

"Have you got much Buddha stuff with Ranevargar tomorrow?"

"Lots, and all before we start anything else. There’s too much to practice and learn and it’ll be extra complicated because Ranevargar’s invited Uirebon to be part of it."

"Uirebon? Why?"

"We’re going to experiment with his idea about calling Realm Stones and he said we could use his."

"He did too ... So why are we talking?"

"What?"

"You should be sleeping. You won't stop all day tomorrow and you’ll be wrecked again."

Kieran smiled at the concern.

"Yes, boss!"

***

"Lady Narello appears drawn to the quiet companion, Uirebon. She watches his every action and speaks with him at every opportunity."

"Yes, and presses him to visit her Realm if ever there is an opportunity. Her motive is simply concern for his well-being. They were in conversation when his deep longing for family revealed itself momentarily and touched a chord of empathy."

"With Lady Narello?"

"Indeed, My Lord. Her own words, and she herself was somewhat surprised when it happened."

"So, you discussed this with her?"

"Yes, My Lord, or I should say she discussed it with me."

Aglaron considered.

"Maynor has much to answer for. This positive aspect of Narello we have not seen for centuries. Did she share the moment with you?"

Uirebon relayed the memory.

"I see. No wonder Kieran has so strongly prioritised their return to the Human world ... Uirebon, what are your observations about yesterday's astonishing journey to the new Realm?"

"The flight itself, with Maurice, or the wondrous spectacle of growth revealed to us?"

"Any, but in particular your primary impression."

"So much, My Lord. At first it was puzzlement that Ranevargar’s extraordinary mastery over living things has somehow never caught the attention of any other Realm. That was quickly replaced by surprise at the extent of their restoration progress."

"Surprising at first sight, Uirebon, but not when you think on it. What else would you expect from the joint efforts of two full Realm Lords and a construct gifted with much of the knowledge and skills of his maker?"

"It is those efforts I regard as the most striking feature of all. The more I think on it the more it gains in significance. Kieran and the Dragon are bound to the Realm but Ranevargar is not. Their joint restoration plan outlines expeditions like that of yesterday for several years, admittedly less frequently with progress, but organising all those Griffins and hosts we saw yesterday is an extensive commitment."

"Strong bonds have developed between Ranevargar and the companions, Uirebon, but I see what you mean. Are you thinking he should to give more assistance to the Gateway and High Realms?"

"Not at all, my Lord. That is our responsibility, and Ranevargar has willingly offered to reduce his share of the free Nexus energy."

Aglaron laughed his agreement.

"He is a canny elf, Uirebon. The offer is greatly appreciated, of course, but his Realm sacrifices nothing when you consider Kieran's gifts of Power."

"Cunning indeed, when you also consider his changed situation and independent source of power."

"Independent? ... I don't understand."

"Maurice explained it to me, My Lord. The Realm Trees were designed with the ability to store a minute portion of their life force and eventually build a reserve sufficient to allow his awakening. As it turned out, 600 years of accumulation wasn't enough, but that steady flow is now available for Ranevargar to use in any way he chooses."

"Realm Trees, providing power for 600 years and we had no knowledge of it? Have we been so complacent?"

"I don't believe so, My Lord. Maynor was undoubtedly an increasingly powerful influence, but I begin to wonder if Ranevargar's isolation and apparent decline was in fact a purposeful strategy."

"I am certain of it, Uirebon. He has already stated quite forcefully that everyday matters of Court and Realm management are for others. As I see it, his concerns are completely consistent with the imperatives of his highly individual viewpoint ... Uirebon, I have not yet heard the details of Kieran's calling of your Realm Stone."

"Thoroughly disturbing, my Lord. The warning Rhys gave was an understatement, and only Kieran's constant assurance kept me going. He started by placing his Opal in my hand and inviting any examination I could manage …

***

Aglaron sat close to the Dragon with Lady Narello and Uirebon, and took regard of Ranevargar's host elves arriving round Woorawa's campfire. Word of the Dragondance had clearly spread, along with Woorawa's happy invitation that anyone was welcome to watch or join in. Ranevargar, Tan and Mr B were propped comfortably against a massive foreleg. Kieran and Rhys were involved with Woorawa somewhere and Aglaron wondered what that meant. Ranevargar and the two companion must have some idea because their smiles and constant checks were building an air of happy expectation.

"Woorawa told us the tone will be different tonight because he hopes to see everyone smiling and at the moment we are reacting to involuntary protest and laughter projecting from Rhys."

Aglaron's curiosity had no time to develop because weird, raucous yells, screeches or whatever, whipped every head to the three figures capering toward them. Well, two were capering. Woorawa in the lead, was capering, yes, but in a manner so graceful it was riveting. More calls broke the hold and, startled, the High King felt his features stretch in instant amusement. With some subtle difference Woorawa, with those painted golden eyes, was the Dragon again, while Kieran and Rhys, hardly recognisable beneath their copious body paint and strange costumes, looked completely ridiculous. Oh no! So much purple paint and the gawky cloth crowning Kieran's head was a clear representation of himself in leathers and the Crown of Office he'd worn at the High Council.

Aglaron's indrawn breath of startlement spluttered explosively with the realisation that the awful mess of coloured paint and mangled Elven tunic was Rhys in the guise of Lady Narello. Oh my! Her eyes might be wide and apprehensive but her smile was another story.

Woorawa now headed for the big group of helpers who’d followed them out and, while he set them going on the sound sticks with a lively rhythm, Kieran and Rhys made little sorties to mock any smiling onlooker who caught their attention. Woorawa added a chant to the mix of sound and when it was established, moved close to the campfire.

For several minutes Aglaron was lost to the laughter and happiness conveyed through every nimble step and quirky body movement. He came to himself and laughed aloud when two figures joined in a clumsy imitation which, somehow, only strengthened the atmosphere.

For the next half hour the gathering laughed in delight as a little piglet snuffling up to the High King, Lady Narello flinging a container of water in the Dragon's startled face, and a series of other indignities toward the visitors was played out. Interspersed, and reinforcing that atmosphere was the repetition of Woorawa's happiness dance.

***

Kieran took in the honour guard of Griffins and Panthers waiting to make a formal farewell to the Realm Rulers with a sense that, apart from its striking nature, it was even more appropriate this time round.

Rhys, who'd originally claimed he'd look too posh and formal in the leathers he’d been gifted from the High Council, surprised everyone by deciding to wear them as a mark of respect for the High King. He sure looked impressive, well they all did, but his slightly taller stature and solid build made him look ... Magnificent.

A pang of wonder touched Kieran. The unassuming student of old was standing by his side, changed so much but somehow still the same. Did he himself look impressive in his blue leathers? He had a peek through Maurice’s eyes and thought he did, but looking at yourself from outside always felt a bit strange. Maurice’s thought came to him.

"Your companions all regard your appearance as matching that of the High King, Kieran, except for Rhys who thinks you outshine everyone by a ‘million miles’. Our three visitors, so accustomed to seeing you in your human garb, all see it as bestowing an appropriate mantle for the authority that is yours.

While the High King and Uirebon converse with the Maker, Lady Narello approaches to offer her thanks and make yet another invitation to visit her Realm, particularly Tan."

"Lord Ranevargar, you have my gratitude for facilitating this extraordinary visit and revealing some of the wonders of your quiet stewardship. Just five days of companionship and challenging activity has renewed our spirits. On a personal level I have no way to express my gratitude for offering Kieran the sanctuary of your Realm and personally assisting him with a level of effort that, frankly, we don't understand."

"There will be more visits, High King. That is very clear in both Kieran and Rhys's minds.

My support for Kieran and his unfathomable companions is a pittance against their efforts on my behalf."

Ranevargar turned to Uirebon.

"Your understanding will grow with time, Lord Uirebon. The new harmony in the Nexus already speeds your efforts to help your friend restore his Gateway Realm, and that is but one of the changes they have wrought ... High King, rest assured that while your son's heart might be tied to Rhys's world, his bond to the Realms will be ever present in his mind. His intention is to make visits as frequently as his human studies allow."

"Human studies? Will they be any value in helping him grow in the stewardship of his Realm?"

"That is irrelevant, My Lord. The companions all see the College as their appropriate life path and, for his time in the Human World, so does Kieran. You must remember that his viewpoint is human rather than Elven."

Aglaron pondered this a moment.

Ranevargar, peeking below the surface thoughts, was deeply pleased to see the High King's determination to outface any unacceptance of Widderfolk.

The eyes of the companions, Lady Narello, and the golden orbs of the Dragon settled expectantly on them.

"It is time, My Lord."

Three rulers moved through the honour guard of Griffins and Panthers, then halted when Rhys broke the formal atmosphere and raced to offer an entirely appropriate double hand clasp.

"We know you’re crazy busy with all your Realm stuff, Aglaron, but come back as soon as you get a chance. We all think your visit was really neat."

Aglaron was lost for words, not because of the strange allusion to neatness, and not for long, but because of the emotions of acceptance radiating so clear and genuine in place of the confrontation and distrust of a few short days ago. Amazing! Tan’s description of ‘what you see is what you get’, was so apt. No wonder Kieran was drawn to him.

"I don't know about neatness, Rhys. I regard this visit as a wild and wondrous time of speaking with a Dragon and Griffins willing to protect you with their life, a time of seeing joyful companionship and staunch loyalty, and a time to begin to marvel at the healing and renewal you have helped bring to the Realms. We will certainly return."

Aglaron broke off and smiled because Rhys was waving his hands in negation at what he clearly regarded as talking dictionary stuff.

The group joined the rest of the companions for a round of double hand clasps charged with far more than formality. The transport Griffins were all waiting but Aglaron hesitated, this time really lost for words, and watched Kieran intently till he raised a hand.

"Hold, father. I have a thank you gift for your visit."

Aglaron shook his head.

"There is no need, Kieran. The visit has been more than enough."

Kieran waved his hands in a strikingly similar manner to Rhys's dismissal of a few moments ago.

"It's no big deal and it’ll help with all your repair work. Let’s see the Rubies so I can charge them up properly."

Aglaron reached to the secure pocket and glanced at Uirebon.

"I have entrusted Uirebon with one to use as he sees fit, and the other three I keep close at all times."

"Yes, it was Uirebon's discussion with Maurice about the way he’s been helping with your Gateway Realm that told us how handy the Rubies are for projects that call on lots of power in a short time. Maynor threw stacks of their energy against the High Castle Wards and since then you’ve used almost as much yourself, so topping them up makes sense. Last night Tan told us we’re handing one over to Lady Narello as well, since they wouldn't exist without her, and she’s got her own plans for rebuilding now that she’s out of Maynor's control."

Lady Narello's features lit up with astonishment and Kieran thought she was going to bow to him. She didn't. She turned and gave Tan the most formal and meaningful gesture of respect any of them had so far seen. Aglaron, presenting his three rubies, was clearly impressed.

"Kieran, are you sure of this? The Rubies store great quantities of power."

"I’m going to call the White power because there’s so much of it and also because Ranevargar thinks my Opal has a limit ... Woorawa?"

Woorawa hastened to present the remaining rubies and Rulers and companions formed a loose semicircle to watch this major happening.

Barely suppressing a grin because he was making this dramatic, Kieran held up his Opal and made it shimmer with all the colours of the rainbow. The repeated calls for Maurice's mega storms had set the process so securely in his mind he could trigger it almost automatically but he hadn't called for a while and Ranevargar's constant coaching with other power flows meant this was an opportunity to watch from a more practised viewpoint.

A tentative probe made Kieran's smile bigger and he opened the surface level of his mind so Uirebon could watch the calling.

"What's with your Opal, Kieran? It didn't look so specco for the other White calls."

"I’m just making a point that my Opal is the critical source, Rhys."

Power coalesced round the Opal and, giving form for the eyes that wouldn't otherwise see anything, Kieran directed shimmering white streams to flow to the four gems now in the High King's hand as well as Woorawa's nine.

Whoo! Thank goodness for all the practices. This was big and the rubies were absorbing the energy at a slower rate than it was arriving. The coalescence increased its size rapidly and, seeing all the wary expressions Kieran dimmed the glow.

"Sheba, Kieran! Is that meant to happen?"

"It’s a temporary reservoir, Rhys, like I did with Maurice when he couldn't take the power in fast enough. I'm looking to see why the Rubies don't work like Realm Stones ... Looks like it's built-in and we’ll have to be patient."

The merge with Ranevargar made a private communication.

"This is trickier than we thought, Ranevargar. The test last night with Opal power didn't show this problem."

"Slow the take up rate for the Rubies, Kieran, but let the reservoir build till there is enough to fill them."

"Slow?"

"Yes, as a precaution. I can see that the structure for power control within the Rubies is stressed and, while it seems quite steady, it was never designed for such a rate. A few patient minutes is called for and might prevent the loss of a functioning ruby."

Kieran slowed the ruby intake rate till the stress disappeared and hastened to explain the sudden growth of the glowing reservoir.

"We need to take a couple of minutes extra, Uirebon, to protect the Rubies from overload."

All eyes were drawn to the shimmering power cloud and on a whim Kieran directed it to take the form of a perfect sphere.

"Holy Moses! That's unreal!"

"I’m just experimenting, Rhys. Ranevargar likes me trying new things."

"Wow! What sort of stuff can you do with it? It's like a big version of when you made your first blue glow."

Kieran was distracted by this interesting thought till, realising the power cloud now held as much as the Rubies could take, he ended the call. The globe turned blue, then moved in a purposeful circle. Kieran laughed.

"Ranevargar says you’re brilliant, Rhys, and I have to try as much stuff as I can before the globe drains into the Rubies. Any ideas?"

Rhys’s eyes lit up.

"A zillion! Turn it green and make it look like Woorawa's tree frog."

A giant 8 metre frog floated above.

"Whoo! Too big! Make it Woorawa size."

The frog quivered but didn't change.

"It won't shrink."

"That's different to your glow. What about separating it into three frogs?"

That involved building two new reservoir structures, re-distributing the power and reforming the frog shapes, but it wasn't difficult.

Ranevargar spoke.

"Disregard the frivolity, My Lord. Rhys’s suggestion to manipulate this energy form is an opportunity for observation and learning we can't ignore ... Kieran, can you release one of the frogs to my control?"

"... I don't see how. It’s linked to my Opal till I release it as normal power and that would need one of our ordinary reservoirs."

Uirebon interrupted.

"You seem to be saying that this power is uniquely Kieran's unless he transforms it?"

"Apparently so, Lord Uirebon, though it may be unique to his Opal rather than himself"

"Amazing! ... Lord Kieran, the third frog is visibly shrinking?"

Kieran reintroduced visibility to the energy flowing into the Rubies.

"That's why, and we've only got a few minutes before the rest of it’s gone. Any ideas to try before we farewell our visitors?"

***

Woorawa stared with a real astonishment at the startling changes to Kieran's Central Grove and linked arms with Tan in the hope that a hurry on and a closer look would help lift the lagging spirits brought on by the brick wall Ranevargar and Kieran had run into with their portal studies.

"Look at that, Tan. The Realm Trees must be at least a half metre taller than they were five days ago and there’s not a single patch of bare ground close to them. Ranevargar must be right about the life bombs going to the periphery instead of close to the Realm Tree roots."

Tan made a blatant show of shaking his head as if he was clearing cobwebs and smiled at the concern implicit in the arm link.

"All that flying, where I think too much, turns me into a gloomy guts about the time going so quickly at home. Just as well there’s so much happening that snaps me out of it ... Half a metre? You’re kidding?"

There was no kidding about it and Tan did snap out because Ranevargar, Kieran and Rhys were already about to scramble from Maurice’s back to the grass carpeting the ground.

Kieran made a quick check to see they were following okay, then started a flat out race to beat Rhys to the primary Realm Tree.

Tan knew that Woorawa wanted their own race, so when his feet touched the ground he put on a fake look of astonishment and pointed in the opposite direction.

"I don't believe it! Look at that!"

Completely taken in, Woorawa turned to check and was caught by this sneaky ploy. It didn't make any difference to the end result because he was so fleet-footed, and being called a sneak and a cheat and dumped on the ground was an even bigger spirit lift for Tan.

These hijinks ended quickly though, because Kieran and Rhys were checking the growth of what, as the Primary Tree of this Central Grove, would be the main focus point for all of Kieran's Realm. Wow! This was a first. Rhys knelt so Kieran could stand on his shoulders then, holding the slim trunk for support, carefully stood so Kieran's upstretched arms could reach the greatest height. It was only just enough and Tan repeated himself, this time for real.

"I don't believe it! It's accelelerating! That's more like a metre than half a metre ... In just five days?"

Ranevargar, looking very pleased, gave an explanation.

"The root system is the reason, Tan, along with our special stimulus. It will be as big as the above-ground section of the tree and drawing on the nutrients from the extra life bombs."

Tan knew this. They discussed the details of what was happening with every five-day visit, but seeing it for real had so much more impact.

Kieran jumped nimbly down and joined Ranevargar for a short Buddha moment to renew the stimulus energy. This was Ranevargar’s specialty and they would tend every tree in the Grove before doing anything else. Rhys pointed back at Maurice.

"Come on you lot. We’ll leave them to it and unload the seed packs for when the Griffins catch up."

Maurice had been a pack horse today because the new seeds being introduced to the lakes and waterways were bulkier than usual and carrying enough was too big a task for the supporting Griffins and their riders. Tan glanced at the sky. It would be another half hour at least but the convoy of fifty Griffins approaching and then manoeuvring to land was always impressive and a sight he always looked forward to. A short while later when Rhys was sharing his excitement at the difference in the river water, Woorawa gave Tan a nudge.

"Watch this. I bet he’ll want us all to try swimming in it."

And sure enough, after pointing out some tiny plants and carrying on about how clear the water looked, he knelt and checked the temperature.

"Hey, everyone! It's warmer than it used to be ... We should try it out."

Mr B wasn't so sure.

"The convoy will be here soon and then we’ll be too busy. I don't think there’ll be enough time."

Rhys laughed.

"You’re too practical, Mr B. This is our chance to make history."

"History? Having a swim is making history?"

"The first swim in a whole Realm for 9000 years is definitely history."

Well! It was too and Tan decided he definitely wanted to be part of it.

"Come on! We’ll make it quick."

Woorawa pulled his shirt off. This was going to happen. Rhys rushed to do the same then stopped at Mr B’s strong headshake.

"Save it for later, Rhys, the Griffins are close and Kieran might like to share the moment."

Rhys grimaced.

"Of course he will. I got carried away. Put it on the agenda for our first relax time, Mr B."

Mr B didn't answer because like Tan and Woorawa, he’d turned to search the sky.

Two hours later the companions, along with a number of the hosts, had a christening ceremony, a brief one because Rhys’s evaluation of the water temperature had been overly optimistic, and even quicker when Kieran suddenly started treading water.

"What? Are you chickening out?"

"Ranevargar’s just been contacted by Lord Uirebon and he says it's important ... Rhys, your christening swim is now official but we need a powwow. Follow me."

There was an instant exodus and a few minutes later everyone was gathered in front of Maurice.

"A researcher has discovered a section with references to portals which is intriguing but very hard to understand, and Uirebon is going to fly his Griffin to the study centre to see what he can figure but he suggests we might be able to help."

"What? Meet him in his Realm?"

"Maurice will fly us there tomorrow ... No, Tan, we can’t manage today, but we will make an early start."

Maurice’s thought came strongly.

"We can make a night flight, Maker, if the centre isn't located too far from Lord Uirebon's Boundary and Kieran can provide me with an energy boost."

Kieran was keen.

"As much as you like, Maurice."

***

My apologies, dear Widdereaders, for so much delay.
An alarming onset of writer's block together with a mix of life matters really unsettled my writing pattern.
Copyright © 2018 Palantir; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another fantastic chapter in the story of Kieran and his group. I’m glad that they’re back after so long, I also know how life can throw curve balls at us and they sometimes hit when we least expect them to. I hope that your writers block is gone for awhile at least. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

It’s good to have you and this world you’ve created back, thanks for another awesome chapter!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Butcher56 said:

Another fantastic chapter in the story of Kieran and his group. I’m glad that they’re back after so long, I also know how life can throw curve balls at us and they sometimes hit when we least expect them to. I hope that your writers block is gone for awhile at least. 

Thanks for your thoughts Butcher56. :)

Lol - I don't like writers block at all - the ideas come as fast as ever but putting them on paper is frustratingly slow.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, JACC said:

It’s good to have you and this world you’ve created back, thanks for another awesome chapter!

Thanks J A. I regard it as a rounding out chapter  rather than a dramatic one. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Palantir said:I regard it as a rounding out chapter  rather than a dramatic one. :)

Just a rounding out chapter?
 

We have Faire Lords and King dancing and laughing with nary a worry of the evil lord having conducted from a score of war. Now we entertain with floating blue orbs fueled of mystical white power (Glenda, the good witch of the north arrives in one on those), and we confirm the Lord of Chaos is not the wicked witch of the west! Kieran is capable of tossing powers of origins unknown, but yet still finds himself masking appearances of real with unreal toads. hmmm 🤔, your rounding out chapter shows us some characters in a new light but the growth of the companions remain somewhat veiled. ThIs chapter brings forth many images reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz; hahaha 

But then:

"A researcher has discovered a section with references to portals which is intriguing but very hard to understand, and Uirebon is going to fly his Griffin to the study centre to see what he can figure but he suggests we might be able to help." 
 

This cliffhanger has the irresistible power and characteristic of a hidden wizard 🧙‍♂️ rumors abounds of such a Palantir, should this all powerful wizard let us discover the hidden origins of the Realms and then point out the simplest of solutions that was and/or is before us...where are those ruby slippers?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Philippe said:

Just a rounding out chapter?
Well, we can call it Realm rounding  - as Humphrey says - We have to expect the unexpected.

 

We have Faire Lords and King dancing and laughing with nary a worry of the evil lord having conducted from a score of war.

Yep, the jig was up for Maynor on a major scale.

Now we entertain with floating blue orbs fueled of mystical white power (Glenda, the good witch of the north arrives in one on those), and we confirm the Lord of Chaos is not the wicked witch of the west! Kieran is capable of tossing powers of origins unknown, but yet still finds himself masking appearances of real with unreal toads. hmmm 🤔, your rounding out chapter shows us some characters in a new light but the growth of the companions remain somewhat veiled. ThIs chapter brings forth many images reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz; hahaha 

Wow! Interesting allusions! - but will the companions find their elusive yellow brick road?

But then:

"A researcher has discovered a section with references to portals which is intriguing but very hard to understand, and Uirebon is going to fly his Griffin to the study centre to see what he can figure but he suggests we might be able to help." 
 

This cliffhanger has the irresistible power and characteristic of a hidden wizard 🧙‍♂️ rumors abounds of such a Palantir, should this all powerful wizard let us discover the hidden origins of the Realms and then point out the simplest of solutions that was and/or is before us...where are those ruby slippers?

Ruby slippers? Lol - Tan was so appreciative of Lady Narello's empathy he managed to slipher a ruby.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

:wizard: :hug:  :2thumbs:

It's great to have you back again, my friend!  Such a wonderful update for our hero's Realm and the beginning of a new era in the relationship between Kieran and Agleron.
Sounds like there may be some progress with the portal network soon...

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

:wizard: :hug:  :2thumbs:

It's great to have you back again, my friend!  Such a wonderful update for our hero's Realm and the beginning of a new era in the relationship between Kieran and Agleron.
Sounds like there may be some progress with the portal network soon...

Thanks M! :)  Yes, it surely has been way too long since the last post.

Yes, there's been an amazing turnaround in relationships with the undoing of Maynor's machinations.

Progress?  :o - Tan's sure feeling the lack of it.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Sorry I was late to get to this, but I truly enjoyed it and hope the news about portals provides some clue as to how to proceed for our college students!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

Sorry I was late to get to this, but I truly enjoyed it and hope the news about portals provides some clue as to how to proceed for our college students!

:) :)  I can only smile at the irony??? of an apology for a few days delay after my own  delay of about three months since the last post.

Hmm! What will happen? Is Uirebon on the track of something worth making a dragon flight at night? And entering a new Realm?

I sure hope your enjoyment continues!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank you for sharing your talents!! A great story and I'm with the rest of ur fans I'm ready for the sequel ! The return!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..