Jump to content
    raven1
  • Author
  • 89 Words
  • 788 Views
  • 32 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
None

Blackbird Singing - 1. Just Desserts

My response to GA PTPrompt #128

Describe your favorite dessert without explicitly stating what it is. Use all five senses.

There is nothing more delightful,

than to take a great big bite full

of my favorite dark obsession,

and pop a sweet cherry Hessian.

 

The vanilla cream white frosting

tops the dark brown chocolate ring.

Adding silky luscious texture,

excites this eager racanteur.

 

Sensuous scent of kirsch liquor

makes my heartbeat race much quicker.

Decorating with dense ganache?

Pleasing visual with panache.

 

I love to take a fresh cherry,

Depraved! Relishing! Verily!

The white cream erupting sweetly,

I lap with my tongue quite quickly.

Copyright © 2023 raven1; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 15
Thank you for reading this poem.  I encourage comments and will try to respond quickly to them.  My hope is this poem will leave you feeling a little bit happier for reading it.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



4 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Absolutely loved the poem, Terry! :glomp: Your poem manages to evoke two separate, yet related, images and to me that is quite the achievement!

Did someone call my name? :P

Oh you heard me calling you? :gikkle:

  • Haha 5
Link to comment

@raven1 -- Way to go, Terry!  I could just taste that German Chocolate cake -- my favorite -- except the coconut did not show up.  But I also like Black Forest cake.

You can have an extra career as a poet!

Paul

  • Love 4
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, ReaderPaul said:

@raven1 -- Way to go, Terry!  I could just taste that German Chocolate cake -- my favorite -- except the coconut did not show up.  But I also like Black Forest cake.

You can have an extra career as a poet!

Paul

Thanks Paul! I'm pleased that you liked this.  I love both cakes, but Black Forest cake provided more opportunity to have some fun.  I'm looking for both ideas like the prompt that inspired this poem, and will also be trying new forms. Tanka poems will probably follow the next chapter.  I appreciate your encouragement and support!

Terry

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Hahaha, you got me with this one!

Delightfully decadent… irresistibly indulgent… and super smutty.

(I’m better with alliteration than rhyme)

  • Haha 5
Link to comment

I love that you caught the smutty humor.  When I read the other responses to the prompt in Dessert Prompts, I loved the idea of adding an erotic element to the poem.  (I also love alliteration, and use it in many of my comments.) 

I appreciate your great comment. One of my goals in writing poems it to make people laugh.  Thanks! 😄

Terry

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Delicious! I'm a fan of most anything chocolate, and of the delight that can be had in enjoying same.

That subtleties of that last verse could easily be missed by anyone with an innocent view of the world. :)

 

 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..