Queer As Folk?

Patrickgay17

Ok I just started watching QAF and let me just say I love it. I know there's a lot of people out there who would like to see it cancled and just can't stand it but there's something I can't figure out.

Why is there a new director for almost every episode? Why can't they stick with one?

Ok I just started watching QAF and let me just say I love it.  I know there's a lot of people out there who would like to see it cancled and just can't stand it but there's something I can't figure out. 

Why is there a new director for almost every episode?  Why can't they stick with one?

Hey Patrick,

You do know that the last episode is next weekend right?

I have mixed feelings about QAF. My BF and I are religious about watching (heck, QAF is the reason we got Showtime), but the writing and story lines are a bit, predictable.

We watch out of loyalty as well its nice to see gay programming. It's a bit over the top at times, but overall its a great thing (plus I have a thing for Justin).

I hadn't realized that they switched directors a lot (I wish they would have changed out the writers more often), so I can't really answer your question.

But with the last episode coming up, I'm getting a little sentimental about QAF and thought I'd post.

Take Care,

Vic

I must be the worst little Gay boy in the world. Ive never, i repeat never seen the US QAF. Ive got the UK version on DVD, but think a little shopping on amazon is called for!

Dave

I have watched it all the episodes of QAF .It started around the same time as Six Feet Under and they both end this year. I will miss them both.

IMHO, both of these series showed that Gay people are real flesh and bones people with lives, love, sex drives and issues just like everyone else.

QAF just did it in a different way, at times, then 6 ft Under, which often showed the psychological issues that we can all face.

It is interesting to note that Logo is sponsored by Showtime, which I am sure would not have been launched, but for the success of shows like QAF and the L word...so, sigh, I will miss QAF and what it achieved a lot.

I feel all three shows are very groundbreaking and covered a lot of contemporary issues and were also fun to watch...and for the first time, there were Gay Guys actually playing Gay Guys as opposed to all str8 guys playing in Gay roles (well half the Guys in QAF are Gay and half are str8..but that was a huge step forward)

It will be interesting to see what acting roles Peter Paige (Emmett), Randy Harris (Justin) and

Robert Gant (Ben), whom are all Gay in real life, obtain after the show ends.

Michael

QAF has turned out better than I thought when the first season came out. I figured they wouldn't do the UK version justice.

The Showcase\Showtime version is filmed in Toronto in the Gay Ghetto (Church Street). A bit a trivia for you... Sharon Gless (Debbie on QAF) has been trying for a couple of years to emigrate to Canada... even after having to work in Canada in the winter time. :wacko:

So, I love QAF!! I guess I am just a poor hopeful sap waiting for Brian to FINALLY tell Justin that he loves him with words :wub: , but I do have to give to him the fact that he does usually show it through his actions, except for the whole sleep with every guy breathing thing. Aside from that, I am glad that they have it on TV and I was even more glad to hear that some of the actors were straight, proving again that we all are just people, and that the message that gay people want to have the chance to live and love like everyone else is being portrayed. I am really sad that it will be ending, but thank goodness for DVD'S right? No, we can see it whenever we want.

Viv

Here is the bio for the actor Harris Allan who plays Hunter, from the QAF website.

Kitty

Hi Kitty,

I hit the link you posted and got the following "Sorry" message.

We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States.

:lmao::lmao:

Must be Bush behind this! What a hoot!

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

... I guess I am just a poor hopeful sap waiting for Brian to FINALLY tell Justin that he loves him with words  :wub: ,

Viv

Hey Viv, you've seen the last two (most recent) episodes haven't you? :blink::blink:

Warning: QAF Spoiler -

Brian has finally professed his love to Justin, bought him a HUGE house out in the suburbs (the house has horse stables, a pool, and all the fixin's), is selling his loft, and Brian/Justin are having a committment ceremony.

Vic with a C,

The bearer of good tidings... No, I haven't seen those episodes yet, I don't have Cable TV... shocking I know, but thanks, it made my day to know that. I knew Brian had it in him, and so did Justin, otherwise he never would have waited around that long... no matter how unbelievably HOT 0:) Brian is.

Vivian

Sigh, I hate to be the bearing of bad news spoilers....

The previews of the last episode seem to imply that it's possible that Brian and/or Justin will back out at the last minute, thus making for a crazy series finaly.

I'll let you know what happens in the end after the episode runs

My hero... :sword:

What kind of story would it be without all the cliffhangers...

Again the hopless romantic in me tells me it will all work out... I hope :(

Thanks, Viv

I've only downloaded I mean bought season one it's pretty good and Justin is just fine. Hm Hm good. And I can't read the rest of my new topic because someone went and posted a spoiler on page two which means that I'm done, thanks.

So I watched the VH1 special on QAF and they concluded with their "who is straight or gay?" segment. Seems that the Brian and Ted, both consistently portrayed as "tops" are both straight. I'd almost find that cliche..have the straight guys be the butch tops....if Michael wasn't straight and Ben wasn't gay. Interesting.

• 2 years later...

***bump***

Sorry, but QAF is one of my all time favourite shows so I thought it might be fun to talk about it again!

As I've frequently said I don't watch TV at all, but last year I downloaded all five seasons. I love them!

I have to say that while the last episode wasn't really bad, I think I'd have preferred if they'd just ended the series after the 2nd to last episode.

Any thoughts?

-Kevin

So I watched the VH1 special on QAF and they concluded with their "who is straight or gay?" segment. Seems that the Brian and Ted, both consistently portrayed as "tops" are both straight. I'd almost find that cliche..have the straight guys be the butch tops....if Michael wasn't straight and Ben wasn't gay. Interesting.

B) .........It is usually on too late for me to watch, but someone told only two of the actors are gay. If found this a little hard to believe, Justin is one but I can't remember who the other was, anyone know?

• Site Administrator
B) .........It is usually on too late for me to watch, but someone told only two of the actors are gay. If found this a little hard to believe, Justin is one but I can't remember who the other was, anyone know?

Peter Paige, who played Emmett. I thought the actor who played Michael was also gay, and several minor characters as well.

I watched some of QAF, but it was while I was still in the closet. It was on at 10pm on a Monday night, so I would try to watch it while everyone else was in bed asleep. I saw most of series one (though not the first or last episodes) and some of the second series. I caught a couple of the third series episodes, but that was it.

I really enjoyed it, and would like to see the whole thing, but it's not something I can sit down to watch with anyone else in my family so I doubt I'll buying the DVDs.

Peter Paige, who played Emmett. I thought the actor who played Michael was also gay, and several minor characters as well.

I watched some of QAF, but it was while I was still in the closet. It was on at 10pm on a Monday night, so I would try to watch it while everyone else was in bed asleep. I saw most of series one (though not the first or last episodes) and some of the second series. I caught a couple of the third series episodes, but that was it.

I really enjoyed it, and would like to see the whole thing, but it's not something I can sit down to watch with anyone else in my family so I doubt I'll buying the DVDs.

Hal Sparks who plays Michael, while completely adorable, is completely straight.... *sigh*

Ah well.

Michael is my favorite... But I've only seen one or two episodes.

The Gays go to the clubs and party and do drugs while the lesbians stay at home with the baby? Now THERE'S an original thought...

:)