Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Naming the Club

On Graeme's request, this new thread is meant to discuss what the CJames fans should be called:

I suggested: "The Friends of Mr James"

Ieshwar's proposals: "Animal lovers" ( :lol: , this does sound quite perverted...)

"CJamish"

"CJ fans"

I bet collective thinking might help us to get more creative (yet...)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the author we know and love to hate:

CJamesites

4CJ

Clan James

CJ'ers

James is such a tough word to work with - anybody know what the C stands for? What if it's Claude? :o Would we be known as Claudettes? :angry:

On Graeme's request, this new thread is meant to discuss what the CJames fans should be called:

I suggested: "The Friends of Mr James"

Ieshwar's proposals: "Animal lovers" ( :lol: , this does sound quite perverted...)

"CJamish"

"CJ fans"

I bet collective thinking might help us to get more creative (yet...)

I am, and will be for a while: Minion!

Bob :wub:

• Site Administrator

I like "Clan James"

I can imagine some poor, impressionable young person standing up and saying, "I'm a proud member of Clan James"

We are Clan James :D -- that's my vote (so far, subject to change without notice. Please read the product disclosure notice carefully before signing).

As a Mississippi guy, I vote that we shelve Clan. :unsure:

There has got to be a racy way to reference the goat or at least his horn.

:lol:

Isn't that one spelled with a "K"? Sounds the same, but until there's audio on the forum we only have what's written. "Clan" = good, "Klan" = very, very bad.

sungod

Notice that you're the only one to have offered "goat lovers" as a name, CJ.

To me, Clan and Klan really do not bring up the same views at all. I was indeed imagining thick thighs getting out of kilts rather than ghost-like spooky fanatics.

I can always set up a poll in this thread if needed.

The Hornies? CJamians? (This one does sound like some loony cult, doesn't it?)

Notice that you're the only one to have offered "goat lovers" as a name, CJ.

To me, Clan and Klan really do not bring up the same views at all. I was indeed imagining thick thighs getting out of kilts rather than ghost-like spooky fanatics.

I can always set up a poll in this thread if needed.

The Hornies? CJamians? (This one does sound like some loony cult, doesn't it?)

I think we need to stop bleating around the busch, and post the poll:

My vote... Goat Lovers! (Course, I'm hungry so I'm imagining an asian pizza hut pizza or maybe Italian Goat cheese pizza... either way)

• Site Administrator
As a Mississippi guy, I vote that we shelve Clan. :unsure:

I can appreciate your concern, though I think the difference between Clan and Klan should be enough.

How about "Club James"? A similar idea of a close group of friends, with the added connotation of what we'd like to do to CJ if he annoys us too much with his abrupt chapter endings (I'm not calling them cliffhangers, because he'll just deny using them....)

I can appreciate your concern, though I think the difference between Clan and Klan should be enough.

How about "Club James"? A similar idea of a close group of friends, with the added connotation of what we'd like to do to CJ if he annoys us too much with his abrupt chapter endings (I'm not calling them cliffhangers, because he'll just deny using them....)

B) ......Goatsters? I agree with Mississippi guy....on clan or klan

• Site Administrator

Be forewarned, this is going to be a looooong post....

As I have followed CJames over the past while, I have often wondered about his true origins. I do recall a story that was told to me year after year when we were camping as kids at summer camp, usually on a overnight trip away from the camp proper, usually in nothing more than lean-twos in Kananaskis Country in the Alberta Rockies. It was in the category of a ghost story, that still has me thinking when out camping. It goes something like this:

Back in the early nineteen seventies, the Province of Alberta was mapping out the building of more roads and facilities in Kananaskis Provincial Park in the Alberta Rockies. The area was pristine, untouched mountainous area between Banff and Calgary on the eastern slopes of the rugged Rockies. As there were not really even any logging roads at the time, the province enlisted the use of contractors, who were used to fly over the vast area and plan out the future of the park.

One such surveyor was a new university grad who after a couple of years of pre med, decided he couldn't stand the blood and guts of medicine and changed over to geology. On his first flight he and a pilot took off from Springbank airport and were going to survey the route for the main highway through the park. As it was spring, there was still plenty of snow cover on the ground and in the mountains. At one point of the flight, they were crossing a valley just above the tree line, a sheer wind probably caused by a Chinook, literally flipped the plane upside down. Being so close to the ground, the pilot did not have a chance to react and the pilot and surveyor crashed quickly.

Once on the ground, the surveyor looked over at the pilot who he knew was dead, even without checking for a pulse. Suddenly the pain in his leg told him that he better worry about himself first. As he looked down at his left leg, where most of the pain was coming from, he realized that the console had broken from the frame and was pinning his leg against the floor. Quickly realizing that he was bleeding profusely from the leg, he tied a tourniquet just above the knee. This seemed to slow the bleeding, and gave the man a chance to look around the plane for something that he could reach to pry the console off his leg. Realizing that there was nothing to help him, he remembered from back in med school a film they had watched on amputation. Realizing that there was no radio, as it was smashed apart, he decided that he only had one option to survive.

After several hours of excruciating pain, he had managed to cut through his entire left leg just above the knee, he had also put on a couple of more tourniquets to stem the bleeding. When he was done, he wrapped the pilots coat around the stub, and secured the whole thing with the pilots' and his belt. He was able to pull himself from the plane, with nothing more than the clothes he wore and a first aid kit and survival kit from the plane. As he dragged his body slowly across the snow, he began to realize that he would soon die from either exposure or the loss of blood. When he began to give up all hope, he noticed that about fifty feet away, there was a dead mountain goat with one of it's legs in a leg trap.

Pulling himself over to the goat, he began to see hope again, as he now had a source of food until hopefully rescuers found him.

After several days, and no sound or sight of planes or rescuers, the goat was mostly consumed by now. The meat gave him more energy, but still he had no way to walk. With not much left of the goat but the carcass and legs and head, he started having an idea, that probably no other sane person would think off.

He took the rear leg and cut it from the goat. He noticed the width at the top was much the same width of his leg just above the knee. Using a needle and some thread from the survival kit, he began to sew the goat's leg to his leg. Since the blood had stopped from his leg, he felt very little pain. Finally after sewing for quite a while, he released the tourniquets from his upper leg. He immediately felt the warmth of the blood move down his leg. The strange thing was that he felt the goats leg becoming part of his leg. As he looked down at the part that was goat, he was shocked to see the skin pinking up, and he could feel the pins and needles of an area that had frostbite. Not understanding how it could be, he pulled himself up a tree so he was in a standing position on his right leg. Totally not believing what happened he gingerly put the weight on his left leg and was surprised to see it was supporting his weight.

Realizing he now had a chance, he started to walk in the way that he thought was towards the main highway. Slowly his vision started changing and he could see much better at night. His smell seemed more intense, and he seemed to be growing more body hair rapidly. He then realized that as much as his blood was flowing into the goat's leg, the goat's blood was now mixing with his. This would also explain the flashes he saw before him, where he saw a human setting out leg traps.

After a couple of weeks the man/goat, had no urge to be found and began to realize that if he did come across another human, he would probably kill them. His hatred for humans was all consuming now.

Slowly, spring turned into summer, and this brought the humans out camping to the mountains. The goatman was able to control his urges when he smelt humans, and turn the other way. Finally the urges became too much.

A pair of newlyweds were camping in the Barrier Lake area that had just opened up that summer. Their second night there, in the middle of the night, the guy got up in the middle of the night to go take a leak. When he was away from the tent and relieving himself, he thought he heard a noise. Thump, click, thump, click, thump, click, thump, click. He turned to the noise, and saw a creature that looked half man, half goat driving a sharpened stick into his finance's body in the tent. Screaming he ran towards the goatman who suddenly noticed the man running towards him. As the man got closer, he realized his wife was dead, and he could see the look of death in the goatman's eyes. Realizing the goatman was now coming closer to him, thump, click, thump, click, he saw that the thumping was from a heavy bare human foot, and the clicking coming from a goat hoof where the left foot should be. In a panic the man ran away as fast as he could.

The next day, the RCMP and Provincial Conservation Officers searched the entire area, to no avail. They did find the man's wife, but had trouble believing his account of a goatman killing her. So was born the legend of the goatman. To this day, anywhere in the Rocky Mountains from the United States to the Yukon Territory, people have heard late at night odd sounds. When asked what they sounded like, they reply it was a "thump, click, thump, click, thump, click.

Hence, this is why, my vote is for The Goatmen, as I do believe that CJames is the original goatman. Just look at his picture!! I imagine the sunglasses are truly hiding the murderous glow in his eyes.

Steve

P.S. Remember the above "ghost story" is told to kids about 8-14, and not meant to be criticized for the total unbelievable nature. But I'll tell you, when your out camping and that is the last story you hear, it is damn scary :D

So far I like Goatsters and CJ's Kids.

Let me toss some in...

CJ's Junkies or CJunkies

CJ's Jerks or CJerks

CJ's Hounds (dogs like to chase goats? :wacko: )

CJ's Fanatics

CJ's Rascals

CJ's probably the James Bond of goats.....world traveller, high tec, knows guns, always gets his goat. :D Can we play off that somehow? I couldn't come up with anything.

Conner

Hence, this is why, my vote is for The Goatmen, as I do believe that CJames is the original goatman. Just look at his picture!! I imagine the sunglasses are truly hiding the murderous glow in his eyes.

Steve

P.S. Remember the above "ghost story" is told to kids about 8-14, and not meant to be criticized for the total unbelievable nature. But I'll tell you, when your out camping and that is the last story you hear, it is damn scary :D

That's a great ghost story for around a campfire. I like the thump-click part. :2thumbs:

Goatmen definitely has merit.

Conner

• Site Administrator

Steve

I agree -- a great story :) And what do you mean by the "total unbelievable nature" comment? :blink: I didn't see anything I thought was unbelievable....

Tons of interesting suggestions, and a great story, Wildone, though I was so scared I couldn't sleep afterwards. Let's think about all these names for a while and we might start voting in a few days. I wonder if only CJames can post polls in this forum, since I tried to have one in this topic with a first binary choice (goat or non-goat related), but it doesn't seem to work.

I do recall a story that was told to me year after year when we were camping as kids at summer camp, usually on a overnight trip away from the camp proper, usually in nothing more than lean-twos in Kananaskis Country in the Alberta Rockies. It was in the category of a ghost story, that still has me thinking when out camping.

Steve

Nice story :worship: It remembers me my own experiences as a storyteller at 17 in camps with french kids who came across the border during the war. To help them to forget what they had to endure, ghost stories were the best and I had to tell hours and invent new chapters night after night :lol: .

BTW, I remember a story about a gay ghost, but I forgot where I found it, in Anthology perhaps. Could anybody help ?

How about "Club James"?
We could be the CJs for ease and CJ singular refers to storyteller himself.

Goatmen definitely has merit.
Except that we aren't all men so would that be Goatperson?

I wonder if only CJames can post polls in this forum, since I tried to have one in this topic with a first binary choice (goat or non-goat related), but it doesn't seem to work.
I think a poll has to start a thread. I've never seen a poll appear in the middle of a thread.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..