[DomLuka] ITFB - a co-operative, whilst we wait.

"What? Why Reilly He hasn't done anything to you," Dennis hissed.

"Oh, so you think that I'm going to do something to him? Like what Dennis?" Travis challenged.

"He's going to freak out..."

"So what do you suppose I do?" Travis asked.

"I don't know...just don't hurt him" Dennis said.

"Don't hurt him?"

"Yeah." Dennis sighed.

"So you think I'm just going to hurt him? Like what Dennis? F**K him one night and ignore him the next day?! God, you're so f**king dense. I tried calling, but it was you who ignored me!"

"Whatever. I'm talking about Reilly here...you're going to hurt him," Dennis said quietly.

"Fine Dennis. I'm through talking. See ya," Travis said, but before he could reach the door, he heard Dennis speak.

"Stay away from him. I'm warning you." Dennis whispered, but Travis had enough as he found himself turning around coming face to face with Dennis.

"Dennis...You're warning me?!?!?!?! I was joking about Reilly! God! What's wrong with you? I was just trying to make you jealous," Travis sighed. "If you were just a little more open with your feelings everything would be so much easier!"

"What are you talking about?" Dennis asked.

"Wasn't it good Dennis? I mean...weren't we good? If I remember correctly, you were the one moaning and telling me to 'go harder and faster'. So you can deny being gay all you want, but stop with this bullshit...you loved every moment of us f**king." Travis said just as he saw Owen's head peering through the door holding an unreadable expression.

Owen quickly ducked out of the room, thinking it better not to make Dennis any more uncomfortable than he already was. He couldn't help smiling, though, as he remembered what Ben had told him about Dennis being 'bisexual leaning towards Leo.'

He thought about leaving the house altogether, but he decided he didn't want to leave just yet. He needed to talk to someone after his 'discussion' with Aiden earlier, and Dennis was the only person he knew who didn't really have a conflict of interest when it came to their relationship. He only had to wait a brief moment before he heard the door open and saw Travis stride out of the house without so much as acknowledging his presence. Dennis appeared in the door frame, looking tired, and motioned for Owen to come in.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Owen asked, shutting the door behind him.

"No," growled Dennis gruffly. "Forget about what you heard."

"Good. I want to talk, not listen."

"You spoke with Knightly earlier, right?"

~~~

Menzo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The American Heritage Dictionary of English Usage claims that "toward" is used more often in American English, while "towards" is used more often in British English. When Americans and Brits spell words differently, or use slightly different words to express the same thing, the American version is shorter, leaner, with fewer letters than the more decorative British version.

Since Australia was colonized by Britain... I hope youse are now leaning towards understanding the significance of the 's' addition.

Edited by writeincode
America was also colonized by Britain...

"England and America are two nations separated by a common language." This quotation, or variations of it, have been attributed to George Bernard Shaw, Oscar Wilde, Bertrand Russell, Dylan Thomas, and Winston Churchill, all of whom, I believe, were British or Irish.

It may be fruitless to discuss differences in spelling and usage between the two cultures. It may also be fun to do so.

Not quite, we owned and invented America and the French made us give it up! :wacko: The war of independence was technically a civil war (wonder why not an uncivil...), and at that time those in New England, considered their mannerisms and language to be more English and grammatically correct than that in Britain.

As for the spelling (etymology is my hobby), I think this is possibly down to mishearing due to various accents and the fact that few would have been able to read or write. After all plonk (as in wine) is a mispronounciation of the French word for white - Blanc -.

How does Dom get to write a whole chapter, without discussions of English between the paragraphs I just don't know :lol:

I suppose I'd better start thinking up another paragraph or so.

Edited by bodgy
Actually, we started out in his brothers' bar and somebody magically beamed them into Dennis's basement *cough*Kevin*cough*. And I guess we never really got rid of him. ( We can change that though :devil: ).

I fully thought they were in the basement all along :*)

The American Heritage Dictionary of English Usage claims that "toward" is used more often in American English, while "towards" is used more often in British English. When Americans and Brits spell words differently, or use slightly different words to express the same thing, the American version is shorter, leaner, with fewer letters than the more decorative British version.

Ah, well then it's no wonder I so frequently prefer the British spelling; I usually tend to favour stylistic, decorative things as opposed to concise, efficient things. My motto is: "Let's have the frills!". LOL, and I always thought "ou" was prettier and more complete looking than just "o".

After all plonk (as in wine) is a mispronounciation of the French word for white - Blanc -.

Now that is something I'm very excited to learn! :worship:Thank You! I've often heard of "plonk wine" but had mistakenly assumed it meant "cheap wine" and not "white wine".

-Kevin

I've often heard of "plonk wine" but had mistakenly assumed it meant "cheap wine" and not "white wine".

-Kevin

Nowadays it does refer to cheap wine, or a slang/derisory term for it, but originally.... think of the germanic word kort, if you shorten the 'o' it will eventually become the English cut.

Anyone had a vowel shift lately?

Australia isn't independent though. In Australia, Queen Elizabeth still technically has power.

Also, American english has been turned into something completely different with 'Mom' and 'Tom-aye-to' and all the rest.

EDIT: Just realized that this had pretty much been said before....

Edited by writeincode
  • Site Administrator

I think it would be inappropriate for me to add to the story, but I thought I should contribute something.

"Well, its Valentine's day...I thought..." Reilly [studdered] stuttered (you should pick a different word since you used this one previously), looking uncomfortable.

Can I suggest stammered as an alternative to stuttered?

I think it would be inappropriate for me to add to the story, but I thought I should contribute something.

Can I suggest stammered as an alternative to stuttered?

Thats one of those words that i hate. I don't know why. I just can't stand it. Like the word 'belly' or 'pal' or 'neat'(as a synonym for cool)

Edited by writeincode
The war of independence was technically a civil war (wonder why not an uncivil...), and at that time those in New England, considered their mannerisms and language to be more English and grammatically correct than that in Britain.

As for the spelling (etymology is my hobby), I think this is possibly down to mishearing due to various accents and the fact that few would have been able to read or write.

Noah Webster did a lot to regularize American English spelling. He wrote spelling textbooks long before he codified his spellings in his dictionary. While he really liked the French (I believe), he preferred for American English the spellings that lacked French affectations of "colour" and the like. (-or words in Latin tunred into -eur words in French and thus -our words in Britspeak.) He wanted a straightforward style of spelling for the new nation, without bowing to the English aristocracy. He was very nationalistic, and thus resisted following the lead of the British upper class.

As for pronunciation, in places that had some degree of isolation, people preserved the pronunciations and usage of the part of England whence they or their ancestors came. For example, the main Appalachian dialect is little different from what was once the usage in a particular area of England. [bTW, we found out the other weekend that people on ESPN had no idea of how to pronounce "Appalachian." Most of them said "lay" instead of "latch." The former is fine if you're talking about a piece by Copland, a New Yorker, but not about a school that is actually in the hills.] And as you suggest, when people don't read and write, it doesn't make much sense to ask them how they spell things. In later generations people often received the spelling of their names when they came in at Ellis Island.

And back in the story, I like the idea of walking Valentine on Valentine's.

• Site Administrator
As for pronunciation, in places that had some degree of isolation, people preserved the pronunciations and usage of the part of England whence they or their ancestors came. For example, the main Appalachian dialect is little different from what was once the usage in a particular area of England. [bTW, we found out the other weekend that people on ESPN had no idea of how to pronounce "Appalachian." Most of them said "lay" instead of "latch." The former is fine if you're talking about a piece by Copland, a New Yorker, but not about a school that is actually in the hills.] And as you suggest, when people don't read and write, it doesn't make much sense to ask them how they spell things. In later generations people often received the spelling of their names when they came in at Ellis Island.

When I lived in the UK, I can remember a big debate on how to pronounce Shrewsbury. The funny thing was that the research revealed that half the residents of that city would pronounce it one way, and half would pronounce it the other. Even the locals couldn't agree :lol:

Just getting the story going again...

Owen quickly ducked out of the room, thinking it better not to make Dennis any more uncomfortable than he already was. He couldn't help smiling, though, as he remembered what Ben had told him about Dennis being 'bisexual leaning towards Leo.'

He thought about leaving the house altogether, but he decided he didn't want to leave just yet. He needed to talk to someone after his 'discussion' with Aiden earlier, and Dennis was the only person he knew who didn't really have a conflict of interest when it came to their relationship. He only had to wait a brief moment before he heard the door open and saw Travis stride out of the house without so much as acknowledging his presence. Dennis appeared in the door frame, looking tired, and motioned for Owen to come in.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Owen asked, shutting the door behind him.

"No," growled Dennis gruffly. "Forget about what you heard."

"Good. I want to talk, not listen."

"You spoke with Knightly earlier, right?"

~~~

Menzo

"You know I did," Dennis told him, clearly annoyed by the pathetic attempt to change the subject. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration before getting straight to the point. "In one sentence Travis, what do you want from me, or with me... whatever."

Travis glanced at the door to make sure that Owen had indeed left before tangling his fingers in Dennis' hair and and pulling his head forward to crush their mouths together. As he kissed the blonde he couldn't help wondering how someone had finally managed to penetrate the barrier he had spent years constructing. Perhaps the protective walls of both boys had collapsed upon collision. He pulled away for a breathe and was met with Dennis' curious expression. He realized that a verbal declaration was in order.

Travis thought for a moment. "Something more than we have now. Definitely something more," he paused to examine Dennis' reaction before continuing, "And no more glaring when I kiss you."

"That was three sentences," Dennis whispered.

Edited by writeincode
Just getting the story going again...

"You know I did," Dennis told him, clearly annoyed by the pathetic attempt to change the subject. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration before getting straight to the point. "In one sentence Travis, what do you want from me, or with me... whatever."

Travis glanced at the door to make sure that Owen had indeed left before tangling his fingers in Dennis' hair and crushing their mouths together. As he kissed the blonde he couldn't help wondering how someone had finally managed to penetrate the barrier he had spent years constructing. Perhaps the protective walls of both boys had collapsed upon collision. He pulled away for a breathe and was met with Dennis' curious expression. He realized that a verbal declaration was in order.

Travis thought for a moment. "Something more than we have now. Definitely something more," he paused to examine Dennis' reaction for continuing, "And no more glaring when I kiss you."

"That was three sentences," Dennis whispered.

I'm confused...I thought Travis left and Owen was going to talk to Dennis about his "discussion" with Aiden.

And Thanks Sharon for those wonderful edits! I did that portion of the "story" at 3AM...and after reading it, i want to scrap the whole thing.

Anyway...can you explain this part?

I'm confused...I thought Travis left and Owen was going to talk to Dennis about his "discussion" with Aiden.

And Thanks Sharon for those wonderful edits! I did that portion of the "story" at 3AM...and after reading it, i want to scrap the whole thing.

Anyway...can you explain this part?

Haha lol I thought Owen left and Travis asked Dennis about the conversation with Aiden only cos I couldnt imagine Owen calling Aiden "Knightly" and it wasn't specified who said it....

O well I guess we've gone from Shadow to Dennis' basement, then conjured Owen and then turned him into Travis.

Hallucinations caused by DWS (Domaholic-Withdrawl-Syndrome.)

Edited by writeincode

And then, a fat guy arrives at Dennis basement (or The Shadow, or whatever) visibly angered, and says: What the f**K are you doing whit MY story? Surprised, Travis asks to the unknow guest: and who the f**K are you and why do you talk us in this angry tone? The fat guy, still annoyed, anwers: my name is Luka, Dom Luka, and I AM the only and true author of this STORY, MY STORY. I

• Site Administrator
And then, a fat guy arrives at Dennis basement (or The Shadow, or whatever) visibly angered, and says: What the f**K are you doing whit MY story? Surprised, Travis asks to the unknow guest: and who the f**K are you and why do you talk us in this angry tone? The fat guy, still annoyed, anwers: my name is Luka, Dom Luka, and I AM the only and true author of this STORY, MY STORY. I
Haha lol I thought Owen left and Travis asked Dennis about the conversation with Aiden only cos I couldnt imagine Owen calling Aiden "Knightly" and it wasn't specified who said it....

O well I guess we've gone from Shadow to Dennis' basement, then conjured Owen and then turned him into Travis.

Hallucinations caused by DWS (Domaholic-Withdrawl-Syndrome.)

Sophie, you are making it very difficult for me to subtly direct this fanfic in the direction I want it to go :lmao:

And Graeme, you're just pleased because only you were spared the wrath of the fat guy :P

Anyway, if someone wants to continue, then by all means do, but I'm not sure how this is going to work out...

Menzo

PS It was Dennis asking Owen if he'd spoken with Knightly.

Sorry Menzo. :P Here I'll make it all better....

Edited by writeincode
Dom Luka had left the door slightly ajar and the slight movement of a shadow caught Travis' eye. He walked outside the door and Owen, standing with his ear pressed against the wall nearly jumped out of his skin. Travis regarded him with a smirk. "Owen?"

"I was just... err..."

"I think you need to talk to Dennis. About Aiden," he clarified and with that said, Travis ascended the stairs and proceeded to rummage through the contents of the Chesley's fridge.

"Wait, Dom," called Owen, ignoring Travis. He watched the exceptionally attrctive lifeguard/construction-worker turn to face his character.

"I have a bone to pick with you. How dare you f**K up my life, make it all better with Aiden, and then take him away too. Some author you are."

Dom gave Owen a measuring look. "I could just write you out of existence, if you prefer."

"If you ever get back to writing," muttered Owen sullenly. "That way we would never have to appear in the same story together, and you couldn't yell at me."

"And I would never yell at my beloved Domaholics if I was writing the story," he sniffed indignantly. "And I would not be fat."

~~~

I thought I better stop there before my imagination gets the better of me.

Menzo

"Now stop robbing the Chesley's fridge and get back to work!" Dom said as he entered the kitchen. Travis hated being ordered around but didn't dare argue with his creator Dom.

"What am I supposed to do now?" he asked, munching on a tuna sandwich, letting some tuna drip on the floor.

"Well first you're going to eating this sandwich properly and not like some pig!" Dom said, ripping the sandwich out of Travis's grasp, considering to take a bite himself but too afraid to get fat.

"Then you take some breath mints and then you get out to look for Reilly, who is all alone out there only with Valentine! On Valentine's Day! Get it?" Dom replied angrily, pushing Travis out the kitchen.

"You can not be serious!" Travis groaned, shaking his head. "Me and Reilly? That's...no!"

"Get out!" Nazi-Dom yelled, throwing the door shut behind Travis watching how the built guy went to find Reilly with sagging

shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:blink: I wonder who is in the basement with Dennis now? Owen? Travis's twin? Nobody? I'll let you decide :P