[DomLuka] ITFB - a co-operative, whilst we wait.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacy, was irritated, her plans for the elder Donavon hadn't worked as she had hoped, and now a great body of people had just crashed through the doors of The Shadow making such a commotion she just had to pay attention. There, to her amazement, was a tall boy bearing a massive tray of iced buns and sweet pastries making a beeline towards her. 'Great!' she thought. 'looks as though dessert is dropping in'. The tall boy looked as though he was hiding behind the tray, a look that was helped by the massive peak on his cap causing his face to be in shadow. Behind him dutifully trotted a more honed looking boy arms full of baseball caps with the words 'The Shadow' on the crown.

"Seth", he whined, "I can't carry these damn caps about all day". On hearing these words Dom turned and wondered what he'd done for his characters to be out of control like this......

Edited by bodgy

Sophie said (clearly suffering from a case of character misidentification brought on by story withdrawal):

"You know I did," Dennis told him, clearly annoyed by the pathetic attempt to change the subject. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration before getting straight to the point. "In one sentence Travis, what do you want from me, or with me... whatever."

Travis glanced at the door to make sure that Owen had indeed left before tangling his fingers in Dennis' hair and [and] (can be deleted

Sharon said:

Whew!! You guys have been busy little bee['s][s - no apostrophe needed, dear], haven't you?

Sharon (…[wondering][wandering] off to find a very large glass of wine she so richly deserves after all that work)

Sorry, I couldn't resist :P

Anyway, continuing the madness...

"Dominic Luka!" came a shrill voice from the entrance. "Put things right this instant!"

"Alice?" demanded Dom, causing Rory to drops his caps and spin around.

"Luke...Grandma..." he faltered. "Oh god, I think I'm gonna be sick."

Luke just smiled at his friend and threw an arm over Alice's shoulder.

"Nickolas!" screamed Dom at the air, earning him curious stares from his characters.

"Did someone call me?" asked Nicky, materializing beside his creator. "I never even knew that was my full name..."

While this was happening in the Shadow, Dennis, Aiden, Owen and Travis were watching from the sideline.

"I was really looking forward to learning what happened next in my life," lamented Dennis idly.

"Yeah, and I was waiting for Menzo to coerce us back together," sighed Owen to Aiden.

"Who's the cutie hanging off that old lady?" Travis wondered aloud, shamelessly.

"Well, if no one's going to notice my absence, I'm going to return to the Fish Bowl and wait for further developments. Don't give up hope Owen," Aiden winked. "You never know what could happen."

Menzo (who's having far too much fun wreaking havoc)

• Site Administrator
And then, a fat guy arrives at Dennis basement (or The Shadow, or whatever) visibly angered, and says: What the f**K are you doing whit MY story? Surprised, Travis asks to the unknow guest: and who the f**K are you and why do you talk us in this angry tone? The fat guy, still annoyed, anwers: my name is Luka, Dom Luka, and I AM the only and true author of this STORY, MY STORY. I

"Huh!" Owen snorted, "with trust comes hope, and I'm off to bed," and so, with the full intention of slurping someone elses Milo (the Australians here will understand, for the UK'ers think Ovaltine like) he gave Aiden the same sort of look he knew Nelson and Caleb flashed at Assface.

Edited by bodgy
Editor’s Note – “…collapsed upon collision.” Excellent phrasing and I loved that last line, sounded very Dom-like. I’d just like to say, Sophie, that you’re very good at this. I hope you consider entering something in the Anthology. I’d read it in a heartbeat.

Thanks! ^_^ I think I'll write something at the end of this year, when I finish school (forever! :D ) or next year but at the moment its study study study! I may need an editor though... :P

"And I would never yell at my beloved Domaholics if I was writing the story," [he] (‘he’ who? Based on the paragraph break it’s Dom, but, for Sophie’s sake, you might want to clarify) sniffed indignantly. "And I would not be fat."

Liddy said (solidifying the theory of mass delusion):

Sadly enough I did need that clarified... I had assumed it was Owen speaking and that the use of a new paragraph was accidental. I blame DWS and ADD.

"Huh!" Owen snorted, "with trust comes hope, and I'm off to bed," and so, with the full intention of slurping someone elses Milo (the Australians here will understand, for the UK'ers think Ovaltine like) he gave Aiden the same sort of look he knew Nelson and Caleb flashed at Assface.

Oh god... yum... Milo... I drool from the thought. Oh and likening it to Ovaltine? Blasphemy!

P.S. At first I thought you were gonna bring Milo (WT) into the story, mainly because of the original 'WITH TRUST comes hope' reference. Thats not a bad idea actually.

Edited by writeincode
T

P.S. At first I thought you were gonna bring Milo (WT) into the story, mainly because of the original 'WITH TRUST comes hope' reference. Thats not a bad idea actually.

It is indeed my lame attempt to skew the story that way - it was just a log way around to do it!

I love double entrendres in all the senses.

P.S. I was going to liken it to Horlicks - would that be better? :)

Edited by bodgy
It is indeed my lame attempt to skew the story that way - it was just a log way around to do it!

I love double entrendres in all the senses.

P.S. I was going to liken it to Horlicks - would that be better? :)

Lol I have no idea what Horlicks is. Does it have the deliciously crunchy malt-chocolate mixture of Milo?

"Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of men?" mused Scottie as he beamed the group of young men back to the Shadow to mitigate the discontinuities in the space-time continuum that had suddenly transported them to Dennis' basement apartment.

toward (you did that just to irritate me, didn’t you )

I'd like to say I did :P , or that it was a slip of the finger (lapsus digitalis), but no, I'll take my solace from the OED (if anyone has a spare A$900, I'll buy all 25 volumes), whcih lists Toward as archaic and having a meaning of 'docile' among others. This I knew not! :lol: The question is can I have regards or must I have regard?

Now I'm off to cogitate my next uttering! :ph34r:

I The question is can I have regards or must I have regard?

Oh no! Not an other colour or color discussion :o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Reilly was waiting outside patiently, careful not to sit on a cactus while Chey was strolling around with Valentine. Had Dom forgotten about him? Had he not promised he would get laid soon enough? Reilly was the only one who ever did what Dom wanted and, except for borrowing Chey every once in a while, pretty much stayed in his own story. And what did he get for that?! Ugly glasses and asthma attacks!

This was going to end today. It was time to take matters in his own hand. If Neo could do it, he could do it too.

Valentine and Chey raced for the glasses that Reilly threw into the woods along with his breathalyzer. He ruffled his dark curls, conjured a nice, dark-red shirt that he wore tucked into his tight black leather pants. Biting his lips and rubbing his cheeks to get a little color into them he looked as cute as he felt he always should have.

'Time to get myself a man' Reilly thought, putting a new swagger into his walk.

Meanwhile Reilly was waiting outside patiently, careful not to sit on a cactus while Chey was strolling around with Valentine. Had Dom forgotten about him? Had he not promised he would get laid soon enough? Reilly was the only one who ever did what Dom wanted and, except for borrowing Chey every once in a while, pretty much stayed in his own story. And what did he get for that?! Ugly glasses and asthma attacks!

This was going to end today. It was time to take matters in his own hand. If Neo could do it, he could do it too.

Valentine and Chey raced for the glasses that Reilly threw into the woods along with his breathalyzer. He ruffled his dark curls, conjured a nice, dark-red shirt that he wore tucked into his tight black leather pants. Biting his lips and rubbing his cheeks to get a little color into them he looked as cute as he felt he always should have.

'Time to get myself a man' Reilly thought, putting a new swagger into his walk.

After walking a few blocks and not loosing his breath, Reilly Chelsey gained more and more confidence. He thought to himself whether he should go a little further.

Despite the doubts he had in his big head, his feet made the decision for him and turned him onto the brightly lit Liberty Street.

Reilly smiled widely at the scene before him. Men smiling and holding hands. Gay couples of all ages coming to and fro. Men dressed in leather, boys dressed in midrift shirts.

"Oh yeah" Reilly thought, he was in heaven.

As he continued down the sidewalk, Reilly came across a young, orange haired boy sitting on the curb, a balled up apron in his hands. The boy was looking down and seemed upset.

Reilly decided in that split second that he was going to do something totally out of the box and say something to the boy.

"Hey Cutie, why's such a long face?" Reilly said with puppy dog eyes.

Taylor had a bemused look on his face as as he looked up at the cute boy in the red shirt. Taylor thought this was very refreshing since he was the one who usually started any flirting.

"Well, I got fired from my waiter job today and was feeling a little down." Taylor said while standing up from the curb, "But it's all good, I was sick of dealing with those as*hole snobs at the country club."

"Then we should celebrate!" Reilly spurted out before he had a chance to think. "I think I passed a diner that we could go to."

"I have a better idea" Taylor said getting back into his rythm "There's a dance club I know we can get into up the street."

"Cool! I loved to go dancing!" Reilly almost squeeled, "What's it called?"

Taylor threw his arm around Reilly and started moving them both in the direction of the bright lights and bumping bass of the club, "Babylon, and there's more than just dancing there."

After walking a few blocks and not loosing his breath, Reilly Chelsey gained more and more confidence. He thought to himself whether he should go a little further.

Despite the doubts he had in his big head, his feet made the decision for him and turned him onto the brightly lit Liberty Street.

Reilly smiled widely at the scene before him. Men smiling and holding hands. Gay couples of all ages coming to and fro. Men dressed in leather, boys dressed in midrift shirts.

"Oh yeah" Reilly thought, he was in heaven.

As he continued down the sidewalk, Reilly came across a young, orange haired boy sitting on the curb, a balled up apron in his hands. The boy was looking down and seemed upset.

Reilly decided in that split second that he was going to do something totally out of the box and say something to the boy.

"Hey Cutie, why's such a long face?" Reilly said with puppy dog eyes.

Taylor had a bemused look on his face as as he looked up at the cute boy in the red shirt. Taylor thought this was very refreshing since he was the one who usually started any flirting.

"Well, I got fired from my waiter job today and was feeling a little down." Taylor said while standing up from the curb, "But it's all good, I was sick of dealing with those as*hole snobs at the country club."

"Then we should celebrate!" Reilly spurted out before he had a chance to think. "I think I passed a diner that we could go to."

"I have a better idea" Taylor said getting back into his rythm "There's a dance club I know we can get into up the street."

"Cool! I loved to go dancing!" Reilly almost squeeled, "What's it called?"

Taylor threw his arm around Reilly and started moving them both in the direction of the bright lights and bumping bass of the club, "Babylon, and there's more than just dancing there."

As the two strolled down Liberty Street Reilly was pleased, albeit a little surprised, to discover that all eyes seemed to be on him and his new friend. What surprised him even further was that these eyes usually came with an accompanying smile or an encouraging - if often a a bit vulgar - comment. Yes, Reilly was definitely enjoying himself.

Once the they reached Babylon Reilly naturally took up his place at the back of the line and settled in to wait patiently for his turn to enter the packed establishment.

"No need to wait, kid. I know the owner." Taylor said as he grabbed Reilly's arm and pulled him out of line.

"Where do you think you're going?" Demanded the bouncer as Taylor started to climb over the rope barrier.

"It's okay, Greg, he's Brian's friend." Said the other security guard as he approached the scene.

"Fine, but this one looks all of 12. He's not getting in without some I.D." Greg insisted.

"Ohh, I was holding his I.D. for him." Taylor said with a wink at Reilly. "Here" he said as he fished a card from his pocket.

"Justin huh? Fine whatever" Greg said as he unlatched the rope.

Once inside the two immediately went to the bar to order drinks. If Reilly had been surprised by the events of the night up until now, he was shocked when the bartender turned out to be none other than Jake, Owen's older brother's boyfriend.

"Jake!" Reilly exclaimed with surprise.

"Hey Reilly, how's it going?" Jake said casually.

"What are you doing here?" Reilly asked. "I thought you and Tony were on vacation".

"Uhh...well sorta. We were on vacation, until some punkass kid accused Tony of stealing a car! I'm just working here until I can save up enough money to bail him out.

Edited by AFriendlyFace
As the two strolled down Liberty Street Reilly was pleased, albeit a little surprised, to discover that all eyes seemed to be on him and his new friend. What surprised him even further was that these eyes usually came with an accompanying smile or an encouraging - if often a a bit vulgar - comment. Yes, Reilly was definitely enjoying himself.

Once the they reached Babylon Reilly naturally took up his place at the back of the line and settled in to wait patiently for his turn to enter the packed establishment.

"No need to wait, kid. I know the owner." Taylor said as he grabbed Reilly's arm and pulled him out of line.

"Where do you think you're going?" Demanded the bouncer as Taylor started to climb over the rope barrier.

"It's okay, Greg, he's Brian's friend." Said the other security guard as he approached the scene.

"Fine, but this one looks all of 12. He's not getting in without some I.D." Greg insisted.

"Ohh, I was holding his I.D. for him." Taylor said with a wink at Reilly. "Here" he said as he fished a card from his pocket.

"Justin huh? Fine whatever" Greg said as he unlatched the rope.

Once inside the two immediately went to the bar to order drinks. If Reilly had been surprised by the events of the night up until now, he was shocked when the bartender turned out to be none other than Jake, Owen's older brother's boyfriend.

"Jake!" Reilly exclaimed with surprise.

"Hey Reilly, how's it going?" Jake said casually.

"What are you doing here?" Reilly asked. "I thought you and Tony were on vacation".

"Uhh...well sorta. We were on vacation, until some punkass kid accused Tony of stealing a car! I'm just working here until I can save up enough money to bail him out.

"Oh my Gosh Jake!" Reilly reached for the non-existent inhaler in his pocket, "How'd this all happen?"

"Pull up a couple stools boys, you're not going to believe this story." Jake said while putting down the glass he was drying.

"Tony and I were driving back from a wonderful vacation. As we were passing through this small town, we came across a couple guys who had broken down on the road. One of them waved us down, so we pulled over. The two guys were pretty young, about your age, but my gaydar was pinging like crazy about both of them. Since we suspected they were family, we had to help out.

"Tony set about trying to see if he could figure out what was wrong with their car, so I started chatting with the boys. The blond one introduced himself as Aaron. Apparently he and his friend were trying to get to California. I suspected they were running away. In our conversation, Aaron let it slip that he broke out of a mental facility. At first I got a little worried, but the other boy said that Aaron's parents put him in there to cure his 'gayness'. At that point, my heart melted and I knew we had to help these boys.

"The engine roared and the three of us looked at Tony who had a satisfied smile on his face. He'd gotten the car started. Tony didn't think the car would make it very far, so we agreed that he'd drive their car with Aaron, and that the other boy and I would follow them with our car into the nearest town.

"As both cars got onto the road, the other boy and I got to know each other better. I realized after a few minutes that something was off with him, especially when he went on and on about his lucky chicken which laid brown eggs. However, he seemed harmless.

From high above on the catwalk, a 30something man yelled down "Jake you slacker, your drink orders are piling up!!!!"

"Sorry boss! I'll get right on them." Jake yelled up, ""Well boys, I'm going to have to cut this story short."

"Basically, as we got closer into town, Tony & Aaron's car got pulled over. Apparently, Aaron had stolen the car. To top it all off, he blamed Tony for stealing the car and claimed that he was just hitchhiking."

"That little slut!" Reilly yelled.

"Oh my Gosh Jake!" Reilly reached for the non-existent inhaler in his pocket, "How'd this all happen?"

"Pull up a couple stools boys, you're not going to believe this story." Jake said while putting down the glass he was drying.

"Tony and I were driving back from a wonderful vacation. As we were passing through this small town, we came across a couple guys who had broken down on the road. One of them waved us down, so we pulled over. The two guys were pretty young, about your age, but my gaydar was pinging like crazy about both of them. Since we suspected they were family, we had to help out.

"Tony set about trying to see if he could figure out what was wrong with their car, so I started chatting with the boys. The blond one introduced himself as Aaron. Apparently he and his friend were trying to get to California. I suspected they were running away. In our conversation, Aaron let it slip that he broke out of a mental facility. At first I got a little worried, but the other boy said that Aaron's parents put him in there to cure his 'gayness'. At that point, my heart melted and I knew we had to help these boys.

"The engine roared and the three of us looked at Tony who had a satisfied smile on his face. He'd gotten the car started. Tony didn't think the car would make it very far, so we agreed that he'd drive their car with Aaron, and that the other boy and I would follow them with our car into the nearest town.

"As both cars got onto the road, the other boy and I got to know each other better. I realized after a few minutes that something was off with him, especially when he went on and on about his lucky chicken which laid brown eggs. However, he seemed harmless.

From high above on the catwalk, a 30something man yelled down "Jake you slacker, your drink orders are piling up!!!!"

"Sorry boss! I'll get right on them." Jake yelled up, ""Well boys, I'm going to have to cut this story short."

"Basically, as we got closer into town, Tony & Aaron's car got pulled over. Apparently, Aaron had stolen the car. To top it all off, he blamed Tony for stealing the car and claimed that he was just hitchhiking."

"That little slut!" Reilly yelled.

(*Squeel!* I love Brian!)

-----------

Taylor grabbed Reilly's hand and lead him into the mass of sweating and gyrating bodies. Taylor turned to Reilly and grinned before pulling off his shirt and tucking it in his waistband. "Let's show them how its done."

Reilly leaned closer to the other boy so that he would have a better chance at hearing him over the pounding music. "What'd you say?"

"I said," Taylor yelled, "Let's show them how its done!" With one hand resting on the top of Reilly's ass, he pulled the blond's (yes, no 'e' Sharon :P ) hips against his own and began to move to the heated music. "Hey look," Taylor pointed off to the side, "It's Brian!"

Reilly didn't have a chance to ask 'who' before the older man had sexily swaggered over, moulded himself to his back and hooked a finger into one of his belt-loops. Brian leaned to whisper seductively in Reilly's ear, "They say I feel like twelve inches... Wanna come with me gorgeous?" The tip of his tongue touched Reilly's ear and he shuddered.

In an almost possessive fashion Taylor tugged Reilly away from Brian and with a smirk said, "Move on old man. You're married and this one's mine."

Edited by writeincode

OK, I put my best school composition hat on - and this is what came out of my scrambled brain!

Dom sighed, he had one of those niggly headaches, that wouldn't go away. He was sure it had been brought on by his characters breaking free of his control, and even worse several of them had strayed onto the set of a Canadian made television series which he'd lost interest in several series ago. Dom gingerly rubbed his temples, what could have brought on this chaos? Was it his new domestic arrangements? Dom thought about this for a second or two, and then grudgingly admitted to himself that this was unlikely, but there were more important things in this world than self contemplation, his characters needed him, they looked to him for guidance in their everyday affairs, he must really start to put pen to paper. Just as Dom reached this mind blowing conclusion, he became aware that one of his characters was trying to get his attention, "yes Kyle, What can I do for you?"

Kyle needed Dom's help, he'd been plagued with unease since his little escapade with the nursing home forcing himself into Travis's business. The empty shell of a woman that he'd seen, the strange conflicting emotions that Travis obviously felt about this woman, who in some ways had abandoned him and yet he had seen some humanity in. Then it struck him; of course, it reminded him of that kid he'd met at the Interstate Scout Jamboree , a couple of years back, what was his name? Ah yes Frank, Frank Seaberg, that was him, Kyle remembered that late one night they'd some how been chatting about all sorts of things when Frank started to talk about two people who held a special place in his heart, twins weren't they, Kyle furrowed his brow as he thought about this, he really needed Dom right now to point him in the right direction, he could remember that the upshot was along the lines of 'don't judge a book by it's cover', something his grandmother had often muttered when he'd mention some of the juicy tidbits he'd read about some scandal that the newspapers were having a field day with. How had Frank put it? Oh yes, even David had some good in him, and then had gone on to illustrate this point saying outsiders had judged him from their own narrow perspective, rather than try and see it from David's point of view...................

And look not a toward(s) in sight!

Edited by bodgy
He [Reilly] ruffled his dark curls

The blond one introduced himself as Aaron.

LOL, anyone else notice that Reilly and Aaron seem have changed hair colour?! I believe Reilly was always a blond - which Vic fixed - and that Aaron had brown hair. Still perhaps he dyed it whilst on the lam in order to throw people off. :P

I'm so enjoying this story!

-Kevin

I agree. This effort is totally undisciplined.

That's what makes it so fun. :2thumbs:

...blond's (yes, no 'e' Sharon)
And look not a toward(s) in sight!

My oh my...Seems my work here is done as our magnificent amateur authors have learned to self-correct. :great:

Sharon