[DomLuka] Seth from Desert Dropping

Folks, I've just seen a YooHooo clip, from a bloke calling himself Seth and wearing a baseball cap and driving what I think Americans call a truck.

He looks and sounds exactly how I'd picture the Seth!

I'd probably get told ogg if I post the link, so if the message option works, email me and I'll send the link.

Edited by bodgy

Hm, well, I pictured my Seth to be a little chubbyer and his hair is blonder. He talks less.

I guess the striking resemblance for me is:

1) The cap

2) The truck

So, don't want to disappoint you, but he doesn't really look like my Seth, (but if he looks like your Seth, he isn't that bad, lucky Rory :D )

Thanks for sharing though, interesting watching a guy getting lost because he had to pee. Aren't you supposed to be naturally good at finding your way?

:P

I'd probably get told ogg if I post the link, so if the message option works, email me and I'll send the link.

If your concern is that Gay Authors would have a problem with you posting the link then I can assure you that it's fine from our perspective as long as:

-The link doesn't depict nudity or violence

-It's legally viewable

There are dozens of links to various videos, mostly from youtube, scattered throughout the site. As I understand it this is a link to a YooHoo commerical? I can't imagine it would be particularly offensive or harmful then.

Besides this strikes me as extremely similar to numerous other threads we've had in the past in which we posted pics of celebrities we thought resembled Dom characters.

If your concern is related to something other than site rules, then I'm by no means trying to encourage you to do anything against your better judgment :)

Take care and have an awesome day all!

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, well, he doesnt look like how i visioned Seth at all...hehe...only thing similar with this dude is that he was driving what looked like a truck and had a hat on...

i always envisioned seth be be slightly larger/buffer than that, with slightly longer hair...hehe...

:D

-robi

Wow, well, he doesnt look like how i visioned Seth at all...hehe...only thing similar with this dude is that he was driving what looked like a truck and had a hat on...

i always envisioned seth be be slightly larger/buffer than that, with slightly longer hair...hehe...

:D

-robi

LOL, I still haven't seen it!

Welcome to the forum by the way, Robi ;) It's awesome to have you here!! :D

-Kevin

Well, I don't think that guy in the clip looks like I would expect Seth to look. Seth would probably be bigger. In Desert Dropping chapter 24, Rory describes Seth:

Also, I assume Seth was a Phoenix native. I haven't spent enough time in Phoenix to peg an accent if there is one, but the guy in the clip sounds like he is from the Southeast. He also mentions being on Interstate 81 which runs from east Tennessee up through Virginia, West Virgina, Pennsylvania, and New York.

I know the guy was relieved to find his way back to the interstate, but it took so long he probably needed to make another stop. :D

Well apart from visiting Vista in California for 5 days, I haven't the faintest idea what routes run where - personally I realise that Seth is actually a person of the writers imagination, so eh, she or it can look like whoever you want him her or them to be.

Well apart from visiting Vista in California for 5 days, I haven't the faintest idea what routes run where - personally I realise that Seth is actually a person of the writers imagination, so eh, she or it can look like whoever you want him her or them to be.

Would you not be influenced by the author's description of the character?

Would you not be influenced by the author's description of the character?

Only as a starting point, and then I'd drift off into imagination world. I do this with radio plays - in fact I love radio plays and am always disappointed when I see the actors behind the voices.

Hmm I always picture Seth kinda like a younger Heath Ledger, with a cap :P you know..messy blonde streak hair, sorta ruggedly handsome, sexy smile :worship: you get the point :funny:

oh yeah B)

i googled the guy and what i saw matched the image of seth i have in my mind. maybe not in 100%, but close :P the hair, the shape of his face... the sexiness :P just give him the hat ^_^

and maybe add a mysterious gaze :P

the guy in the clip is cute, gotta admit that, but he's to talkative XD seth is the quiet type and the guy in the truck definitely wasn't. what's with the "i gotta pee" song? ^^'

He looks like I imagine Seth would, except he's got that 'I'm straight as an arrow' look that gay guys never have.

Well.. he says that he gets lost so subtract str8 points.

I still think that our new pal Leo would make a good Luke: add 20 pounds and some sun...

He looks like I imagine Seth would, except he's got that 'I'm straight as an arrow' look that gay guys never have.

Nah, he's gay ;)

I thought he was adorable and I loved his personality and my gaydar was going off big time, so I did a little "cyber stalking" 0:) (checked out his youtube profile, myspace, and blogs)

All evidence seems to indicate that he's gay, lots of gay friends, pics of cute guys, "gay" interests and personality, lack of an "orientation" on his myspace despite the other standard info being there, plus he just seems really gay to me. So I'd bet my gaydar on him being gay, but perhaps/probably not "out".

On a side note he seems to be having a rough time right now which makes me really sad :(

Hey bite me we just had winter :P I'm getting some sun now but the 20 pounds aint gonna happen :funny: . And I can't find this "seth" commercial

Well I think you're terrific just the way you are, Leo! :)

Anyway, I found the clip amusing. I'm very glad that I can't get lost! I have a GPS, so whenever I go off course 'Margaret', just fusses at me and tells me where to turn until we're back on our way :P

Actually I didn't really think he looked like Seth at all, and he definitely didn't have what I imagined to be Seth's personality.

-Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Pretty close to what I thought Seth would look like. I actually based Seth on a friend of mine who looks like this guy. Only difference is my friend is about 5' 6" at the most and drives one of the biggest trucks on the market (plus he prefers cowboy hats), so its funny to see him drive.

On a side note: I pretty sure your right about him being gay, Kevin. Just from how he acted in the video...kinda funny really, just one more thing he's got in common with Seth (if it's true).

Edit: I just noticed his username happens to be Seth as well.

Edited by A-Trav
Hmm I always picture Seth kinda like a younger Heath Ledger, with a cap :P you know..messy blonde streak hair, sorta ruggedly handsome, sexy smile :worship: you get the point :funny:

Yeah, me too. Except for chubbyer and quiet

Pretty close to what I thought Seth would look like. I actually based Seth on a friend of mine who looks like this guy. Only difference is my friend is about 5' 6" at the most and drives one of the biggest trucks on the market (plus he prefers cowboy hats), so its funny to see him drive.

On a side note: I pretty sure your right about him being gay, Kevin. Just from how he acted in the video...kinda funny really, just one more thing he's got in common with Seth (if it's true).

Edit: I just noticed his username happens to be Seth as well.

OMG.Maybe we should ask the guy if he knows Dom! (we can tell him to make Dom post the next chapter while we're at it, too :devil: )