Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Is CJames The Queen Of The Evilest Clifhangers

Is CJames the "Queen Of The Evilest Cliffhangers"  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is CJames the "Queen Of The Evilest Cliffhangers"

• Yes
    • No

Not necessarily. The person who starts the poll should be able to edit it. Someone with full admin authority can do it. I would think that if CJ could do it, he would have changed some of the 'yes' votes to 'no'. I think its just been a matter of people coming and voting.

If CJ changed it, he would have a lot more 'no' votes. ;)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

My understanding is that the person who started the poll can edit the poll itself, but not the voting. For example, they could add an extra question, and maybe even alter the wording on the options, but they can't change votes that have already been made. Only someone with database access can do that.

• Site Administrator

Since I may or may not have :P started this poll, I thought I would look into this a bit more. So after much playing around, I did indeed find out that the poll can be changed.

Not in the way that may have been suggested though.

I can go in and add up to four more questions, each with fifteen more options for each question. Likewise I can add 13 more options to the one question already posted there. I can also enable multiple choices, meaning if I did so, I could allow a new voter to choose both 'yes' and 'no' for their answer. I also have the ability to delete a question, or delete the entire option and those corresponding votes.

The things that I can not do as the poll initiator is to change the number of votes or to allow someone who has already voted, the ability to vote again. Even if I deleted an option and all the votes, and then recreated it, nobody who has already voted would be able to vote again.

I guess after looking at all this, the only feasible way to alter the vote would be for me to eliminate the 'no' option, then go back and recreate it, resetting that option to zero votes. Let me assure you that until ten minutes ago, I did not know this and have not attempted to do this, as like I mentioned earlier, this is all in fun, and where would the fun be in messing with the results.

Personally I am having more fun in reading CJ's posts in him trying to justify why the vote has gone the way it has :D !!! I believe he is slowly running out of excuses to justify that he never uses cliffhangers, and in a matter of time, he will finally admit defeat to his readers opinions :lol: .

With all that said and done, there is one more option available to me, and that is to 'close the poll'. I have not attempted to do this, but wondering if I should, or shall we leave the poll open for future visitors to this forum?

Let me know.

Steve B)

• Site Administrator
So, I'll try and talk *someone* about swaping the yes and the no,,, that would work alright

Sorry Sacha, that won't work. I would have to delete all the yes votes and delete all the no votes. I can not edit the options as they are and still retain the number of votes. Besides, any of us including myself, would not be able to vote in the poll again.

Also thinking about this, I imagine if someone with tech access could possibly go in and alter the source code they could reverse the titles 'yes' and 'no', but all that would do is make 40 people saying no and 4 people saying yes. Unfortunately that would be a little far fetched.

(tons of relevant comments...) and in a matter of time, he will finally admit defeat to his readers opinions :lol: .

With all that said and done, there is one more option available to me, and that is to 'close the poll'. I have not attempted to do this, but wondering if I should, or shall we leave the poll open for future visitors to this forum?

Let me know.

Steve B)

An evil goat, aka spawn of the devil, might be immortal for all we know. So, with committed harassment from the fan base, his admitting defeat could occur around 2084 at the earliest. I'm not willing to wait this long. I'd suggest the poll be closed, before the results of the vote for the yearly awards (which I'm quite confident will confirm this one.)

Sorry Sacha, that won't work. I would have to delete all the yes votes and delete all the no votes. I can not edit the options as they are and still retain the number of votes. Besides, any of us including myself, would not be able to vote in the poll again.

Also thinking about this, I imagine if someone with tech access could possibly go in and alter the source code they could reverse the titles 'yes' and 'no', but all that would do is make 40 people saying no and 4 people saying yes. Unfortunately that would be a little far fetched.

well you could keep the "no" delete the current "yes" and just create a new option "yes" :P that way well it's like restarting the yes counter at 0 :P

• Site Administrator

***Breaking News****

In a effort to find a certain quote by CJ, I have stumbled upon another post of his, where if you read the post and pay attention to the quotes indicated, he admits that he uses cliffhangers :o !!

You can read the post here. Now don't let CJ convince you that it is someone else's words!! We have to take the way the post was posted for its face value.

It is great to finally have CJ admitting that he has used a cliffhanger. :D

Steve B)

• Site Administrator
Personally I am having more fun in reading CJ's posts in him trying to justify why the vote has gone the way it has :D !!! I believe he is slowly running out of excuses to justify that he never uses cliffhangers, and in a matter of time, he will finally admit defeat to his readers opinions :lol: .

I love an optimist :P

***Breaking News****

In a effort to find a certain quote by CJ, I have stumbled upon another post of his, where if you read the post and pay attention to the quotes indicated, he admits that he uses cliffhangers :o !!

You can read the post here. Now don't let CJ convince you that it is someone else's words!! We have to take the way the post was posted for its face value.

Steve B)

ACK Now, now, if you go read that post, and the one of yours above it, you'll see what happened; I was quoting you BUT that line of text ended up outside the quote tags somehow. Go look; it's a perfect match; those are YOUR words!

And you know it too! :P

Harumph, trying to frame me for saying I use cliffhangers? Surely y'all know me well enough by now that you know I'd never say I use cliffhangers!!! :P

Besides, Cliffhangers are Shadowgod's domain, and I dare not trespass. :unsure:

• Site Administrator
Surely y'all know me well enough by now that you know I'd never say I use cliffhangers!!! :P

Progress! He's now saying he won't admit to using cliffhangers, not that he doesn't use them :2thumbs: At this rate, we just might still be alive when he admits it.... :P

ACK Now, now, if you go read that post, and the one of yours above it, you'll see what happened; I was quoting you BUT that line of text ended up outside the quote tags somehow. Go look; it's a perfect match; those are YOUR words!

And you know it too! :P

Harumph, trying to frame me for saying I use cliffhangers? Surely y'all know me well enough by now that you know I'd never say I use cliffhangers!!! :P

Besides, Cliffhangers are Shadowgod's domain, and I dare not trespass. :unsure:

There! back at you wildone,,, I knew it was something like that,, it really didn't sound like CJ's word to say that

***Breaking News****

Steve B)

He is still being humble about it though. :lol:

As far as the cliffhanger, on the "official CJames Cliffhanger" scale between 1-10, I believe it came in at a 2.5. Great job, much appreciated. :worship:
  • Site Moderator

Now if you want to talk about cliffhangers, I was watching the new Knight Rider movie last night. I've only seen the first hour so far. Just about every commercial break was a cliffhanger. The biggest one I've seen so far is during the chase early in the first hour. KITT is being chased on a winding mountain road, with a cliff on one side of the road. The bad guys are in the wrong lane as they come around a curve straight towards a dump truck, break to commercial. I had to sit there and laugh at that.

But it requires an admin to change it -- and not just any admin. If I understand it correctly, to alter the figures means going into the database and making changes at that level.

I don't recall a NO vote over four, but I know the percentage of NO's have been going down steadily because the YES vote has been going up. It maybe the percentage that you're remembering.

Acctually low level admins can alter the vote by editing the post.

that said, the number of suspects for altering the vote is extremely limited. Seeing as I doubt Cj's would alter results in a direction oppisite his leaning, I doubt this poll has been altered in any way.

Now if you want to talk about cliffhangers, I was watching the new Knight Rider movie last night. I've only seen the first hour so far. Just about every commercial break was a cliffhanger. The biggest one I've seen so far is during the chase early in the first hour. KITT is being chased on a winding mountain road, with a cliff on one side of the road. The bad guys are in the wrong lane as they come around a curve straight towards a dump truck, break to commercial. I had to sit there and laugh at that.

ERRR. Uhoh. Please tell me the bad guys weren't on motorcycles? Because if they were, that's a dead ringer for a certain chase scene (Blackheart and company, above Honolulu in "for the Love") However, even if it's the same, I didn't take it from that TV show; I never copy stuff, I don't believe in it and I prefer doing my own. Though, I think my scene had a garbage truck, not t dump truck.

That would be annoying; a cliffhanger before every commercial! Yipes! I'm delighted to say that even Shadowgod, the King of Eeevil Cliffhangers, doesn't use them that often. (and his chapters are free of commercial breaks :2thumbs: )

Oh, that's just plain nasty,, don't you just hate when they do that,,,

Totally agreed.

Acctually low level admins can alter the vote by editing the post.

that said, the number of suspects for altering the vote is extremely limited. Seeing as I doubt Cj's would alter results in a direction oppisite his leaning, I doubt this poll has been altered in any way.

Our of curiosity, I had a look at the post before Wildone did any experimenting, and there had been no editing done at that point. :)

I promised I'd stay hands-off on these polls, so I have. I'm just shocked.. 40 to 4? :o I mean, how could that be? Everyone knows that I never use cliffhangers... Or don't I say that often enough? 0:)

ERRR. Uhoh. Please tell me the bad guys weren't on motorcycles? Because if they were, that's a dead ringer for a certain chase scene (Blackheart and company, above Honolulu in "for the Love") However, even if it's the same, I didn't take it from that TV show; I never copy stuff, I don't believe in it and I prefer doing my own. Though, I think my scene had a garbage truck, not t dump truck.

That would be annoying; a cliffhanger before every commercial! Yipes! I'm delighted to say that even Shadowgod, the King of Eeevil Cliffhangers, doesn't use them that often. (and his chapters are free of commercial breaks :2thumbs: )

Totally agreed.

Our of curiosity, I had a look at the post before Wildone did any experimenting, and there had been no editing done at that point. :)

I promised I'd stay hands-off on these polls, so I have. I'm just shocked.. 40 to 4? :o I mean, how could that be? Everyone knows that I never use cliffhangers... Or don't I say that often enough? 0:)

Perhaps it's like beating a dead horse goat. They have heard you claim that so many times they no longer believe it. :o Sorta like peter and the wolf except, CJ and the cliff.

:D it's 41 - 4 now... :P (It wasn't me...)

With the exception of Sacha, nobody believes you when you claim to never use evil cliffhangers. So which one of you voted 3 times? :lmao:

With the exception of Sacha, nobody believes you when you claim to never use evil cliffhangers. So which one of you voted 3 times? :lmao:

Umm, the fact that there's 4 votes for "No", it prove that you're wrong. I'm sure that CJ done just like Shadowgod and didn't vote, so there's 3 other people that do not.. Also,, I'm sure that some reader may fear to their safety would they vote "No"... :P

Umm, the fact that there's 4 votes for "No", it prove that you're wrong. I'm sure that CJ done just like Shadowgod and didn't vote, so there's 3 other people that do not.. Also,, I'm sure that some reader may fear to their safety would they vote "No"... :P

You, mean CJ would physically threaten to stampede anyone not giving him his rightful royal title? (Since he might be able to check votes, or at least bribe Joe into giving him the names...)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..