• Yes
    • No

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Now, now Sacha.

Notice I didn't public declare what my vote was. We don't want to be influcing others by how we voted :P .

• Site Administrator

As much as it pains me to double post (being a true lurker :ph34r: and all), an important point just came to mind.

I do believe that we shouldn't declare who we voted for in the cliffhanger category.

By doing so, some may come to the conclusion that we may be leaving certain authors hanging, in suspense, not knowing the outcome.

If any such

goat

person tries to accuse us of our votes of being cliffhangers, may I suggest a certain line:

"Everybody knows I don't use cliffhangers 0:) "

Now get out and exercise your democratic right to vote for your King :king: .

Steve B)

And I shall vote for Shadowgod,, and everyone who here enjoy the text from CJ shall do the same :PB)

Enjoy or suffer from? ... It's a thin line that separates the two.

Perhaps I should start releasing communications from our intrepid goat, declaring his true desires.

Never the less I agree with Jan there are five choices, and I believe recognition should be given where due. Not by the urging of a quadruped and his earnest following.

Clearly, you are brown-nosing, Sacha. :lol:

I absolutely do not. :P

Now, now Sacha.

Notice I didn't public declare what my vote was. We don't want to be influcing others by how we voted :P .

ya, but just the fact that you posted it in the "CJames the queen of the evilest cliffhangers" thread tells us who you voted for, specially with your history of posting.

Now get out and exercise your democratic right to vote for your King :king: .

Steve B)

I'll shorten your declaration,,, "Get out and exercise your democratic right to vote"!!! Everyone should do.

Enjoy or suffer from? ... It's a thin line that separates the two.

Perhaps I should start releasing communications from our intrepid goat, declaring his true desires.

Never the less I agree with Jan there are five choices, and I believe recognition should be given where due. Not by the urging of a quadruped and his earnest following.

Maybe you should indeed start releasing those communications,, lets get some dirt out, hehehe :P

Maybe you should indeed start releasing those communications,, lets get some dirt out, hehehe :P

I could, but I would really rather people vote on merit. take the time read what is out there, and then vote based on that. as for dirt.. eh seeing enough of it through tuesday...

• Site Moderator
Just thought I'd halp make things a bit clearer. 0:)

I knew that if I posted the list, someone would have fun with it.

And considering the list of candidates, there IS that chance the neither CJ or Shadowgod could get the title. I too have cast my vote.

Jan

I could, but I would really rather people vote on merit. take the time read what is out there, and then vote based on that. as for dirt.. eh seeing enough of it through tuesday...

Dirt? Tuesday? Aww, come now, your majesty, surely you aren't tired of your royal weekend already?

And considering the list of candidates, there IS that chance the neither CJ or Shadowgod could get the title. I too have cast my vote.

Jan

Totally agreed; I'd say a very large chance, in fact. Unless, of course, we all rally behind Shadowgod, and support him in the defense of his title!

Dirt? Tuesday? Aww, come now, your majesty, surely you aren't tired of your royal weekend already?

Totally agreed; I'd say a very large chance, in fact. Unless, of course, we all rally behind Shadowgod, and support him in the defense of his title!

or rally behind a goat.

• Site Administrator
ya, but just the fact that you posted it in the "CJames the queen of the evilest cliffhangers" thread tells us who you voted for, specially with your history of posting.

Sacha, I'm surprised :o !!!

My posting history???

Let's look at it then. Yes I do post in this forum for promoting CJ as the:

:king: :king: The Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers :king: :king:

But let's muddy the waters now. I also posted this in Is Shadowgod the King of Eeevil Cliffhangers .

So based on those two facts, and the other consideration, that we are voting for the King of Cliffhangers in the poll, not the Queen, can you be so sure how I voted?

Now I was not allowed to vote for two names, but are you willing to bet you know which way I did vote? Or maybe I haven't been vocal enough about some of the cliffies that Dom and Dan have included (much were already posted before I started contributing in the forums) in their stories?

I will have to agree that everyone should read the authors involved and decide for themselves on who deserves the titles.

Based on that, hopefully no one with the exception of Myk, can definitely say how I voted or if I even voted :P !

Steve B)

• Site Administrator
Based on that, hopefully no one with the exception of Myk, can definitely say how I voted or if I even voted :P !

That's possibly, but I suspect it's untrue. There will be another person who knows how you voted (unless you've already forgotten :P )

Seriously, I suspect it will be a close vote, so if you have your preferences, please vote before the deadline :)

• 2 weeks later...
That's possibly, but I suspect it's untrue. There will be another person who knows how you voted (unless you've already forgotten :P )

Seriously, I suspect it will be a close vote, so if you have your preferences, please vote before the deadline :)

Yep! Only Myk and the voter will know how the voter voted!

And the deadline in Midnight, EST, on Saturday the 16th! Only a few hours left!

And, umm, how the heck did the voting in this poll end up at 40 to 4?!?!?! EEEK!

And, umm, how the heck did the voting in this poll end up at 40 to 4?!?!?! EEEK!

when the goat's away....

Exact so everyone hurry up and go vote!!!! hopefully there won't be any 'Oh it's already over, I thought that I had still some time'

and for this poll!!!! ummm, i suspect that it has been biased. I mean didn't the no side had more than 4 vote the last time I checked??

Lol, well, i think it has to do with the severity of the cliffhangers. Yes, others use cliffhangers too. Of course. Its part of what keeps us readers waiting desperately for the next chapter :) . For me CJ has mastered this art. He may not use more cliffhangers than others, but some of them are soooooo mean, that you just have to love em ;)

God s(h)ave the queen ! :P

Edited by YaP
(...)For me CJ has mastered this art. He may not use more cliffhangers than others, but some of them are soooooo mean, (...)

God s(h)ave the queen ! :P

How can one put this any better? And how can an author refuse to be paid such a tribute? Should we bribe CJ with cabbage to get him to admit the truth?

• Site Moderator

I'm not making any accusations here, just making a statement, but the poll results can be changed.

• Site Administrator
I KNEW it!!!!! :2hands:

But it requires an admin to change it -- and not just any admin. If I understand it correctly, to alter the figures means going into the database and making changes at that level.

I don't recall a NO vote over four, but I know the percentage of NO's have been going down steadily because the YES vote has been going up. It maybe the percentage that you're remembering.

Jan

I cast my vote as well. I shall not reveal the identity of the one I voted for. 0:)

• Site Administrator
I'm not making any accusations here, just making a statement, but the poll results can be changed.

Really!!!

I'm shocked!!

Here we started a unbiased, non-leading, opinion based poll and now it is being marred with a supposed scandal :o !!

Wow, this is a true democracy here :D !

And yes, I can confirm that I too do not believe that the 'no' side has ever attained a number higher than four. The yes side has always been in the 90% range, so even if it is possible to alter the vote, I do not honestly believe that any of our honourable Admins would do that.

After all, let's not forget, this is all in fun :D

Steve B)

• Site Moderator
But it requires an admin to change it -- and not just any admin. If I understand it correctly, to alter the figures means going into the database and making changes at that level.

Not necessarily. The person who starts the poll should be able to edit it. Someone with full admin authority can do it. I would think that if CJ could do it, he would have changed some of the 'yes' votes to 'no'. I think its just been a matter of people coming and voting.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..