Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play CH 19: Then there were Two

He's also lying. I don't expect to see the next chapter until Wednesday, my time. No matter how much he promises, CJ always seems to be a day late with his posting 0:)

Aww, but Graeme, that's just becuase you insist on doing things oddly... I mean, you have Christmas in Summer, you drive upside-down, and you think it's Wednesday when it's Tuesday. :P

Maybe he will take pity on us and post it on Monday as a new years eve present. :P

I wouldn't complain if he posted it now to be honest. Just remember to update the Title CJ. B)0:)

:music:

I'll see what I can do. :) But, the title has to stay, but of course, it may or may not mean what you think it does. :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, but Graeme, that's just becuase you insist on doing things oddly... I mean, you have Christmas in Summer, you drive upside-down, and you think it's Wednesday when it's Tuesday. :P

I'll see what I can do. :) But, the title has to stay, but of course, it may or may not mean what you think it does. :)

I just love your avoidance answers. :D That Echidna must really have you scared. :lol:

Its ok really I am just starting to relax and enjoy trying to give you a hard time. We gotta keep ya on your.... toes/hoofs? :blink:

• Site Administrator
I just love your avoidance answers. :D That Echidna must really have you scared. :lol:

I don't really know why. :blink: I've only threatened to hunt him down a couple of times, if he tries to give out a spoiler....

I don't really know why. :blink: I've only threatened to hunt him down a couple of times, if he tries to give out a spoiler....

You must have him really scared since he goes to insane lengths to make sure things aren't considered spoilers when he talks about it. He does such a good job it keeps everything all kinds of confused. Then he goes and says he had clues in the previouse chapters but we just missed them or something. 0:):blink: :wacko:

Its all fun.... confusing yet fun. :worship::funny:

• Site Administrator
You must have him really scared since he goes to insane lengths to make sure things aren't considered spoilers when he talks about it. He does such a good job it keeps everything all kinds of confused. Then he goes and says he had clues in the previouse chapters but we just missed them or something. 0:):blink: :wacko:

I do my best 0:)

In case you're not aware, there's a weekly silly season with CJ's forum -- usually the last few days before the next chapter. I'm hereby declaring that the silly season has started, and requesting assistance.

It's been getting hard on this old echidna to keep on top of what CJ is up to and making sure he doesn't issue spoilers. I'll also admit that I was tempted to relax my "no spoilers" rule just this once, so we can find out what is going on. This is clearly a sign of old age and shows that I need an assistant (or ten) to keep CJ honest (or at least semi honest). Are there any volunteers, and if so, we need to know what punishment you'd inflict on CJ if he issues a spoiler..... :P

Gulp.... Well, yes, AT LEAST a couple of times... And he's got those spines, ya know... Just look at his picture!!!

I'm thinking the Wikipedia article on Echidas is woefully incomplete. There's no mention of the fact that they seem to detest spoilers.

Well, how about this... I can list the clues after the next chapter posts, and then show what they mean? :)

And didn't you know? Goats like confusion and chaos! And apropos of nothing, here's a google search of "sign of the goat"

:)0:)

In case you're not aware, there's a weekly silly season with CJ's forum -- usually the last few days before the next chapter. I'm hereby declaring that the silly season has started, and requesting assistance.

It's been getting hard on this old echidna to keep on top of what CJ is up to and making sure he doesn't issue spoilers. I'll also admit that I was tempted to relax my "no spoilers" rule just this once, so we can find out what is going on. This is clearly a sign of old age and shows that I need an assistant (or ten) to keep CJ honest (or at least semi honest). Are there any volunteers, and if so, we need to know what punishment you'd inflict on CJ if he issues a spoiler..... :P

ACK!!! Oh no, the Echidna is raising a Posse!

I really do need to hide... And, um, talk about feeling the heat! I'm already getting rather singed... :fire:

LoL I wouldn't mind visiting with you more on this open assistant position you mentioned.... we can discuss what punishments we could all use... Get a whole big pot of them together and just draw one at random when we need to deal out some punishment. I don't think your that old I think this was just a major cliffie even for The Queen Of The Evilest Cliffhangers. So things have been stirred up a bit more than usual. That just has everyone drooling for any little bit of news as to how the story is going to continue. Just the thought of any of the major characters dying in this story is just heartbreaking..... hence the confident thought in my mind *my little happy bubble* that it is just a misreport and it isn't a member of Instinct that has croaked. Hoping its no one but if anyone a member of the Shadows. But to be honest I prefer the no one train of thought. :blink:

• Site Administrator
Well, how about this... I can list the clues after the next chapter posts, and then show what they mean? :)

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! CJ you....you....you.... :angry:

So I take your hint and go back two chapters to re read, and what do I find as the opening line of chapter 17:

The feel of a rush of motion, then a sudden sensation of falling intruded on Brandon's sated dreams. Smacking into the carpeted floor, he was jarred awake and let out a startled gasp.

This has better not be the clue we are looking for :angry::pissed: :sword: :axeman: :battleaxe: :pickaxe:

I think we all must unite to convince CJ that this is the wrong path to take!!!

Steve B)

Edit to add: Yes the newswire service got it wrong, it wasn't one of the Carlisle brothers! But Chase could easily now be considered one of them by Helen and Barbra now, as they are like all of their surrogate mothers.

Edited by wildone

So I take your hint and go back two chapters to re read, and what do I find as the opening line of chapter 17:

This has better not be the clue we are looking for :angry::pissed: :sword: :axeman: :battleaxe: :pickaxe:

Steve B)

Edit to add: Yes the newswire service got it wrong, it wasn't one of the Carlisle brothers! But Chase could easily now be considered one of them by Helen and Barbra now, as they are like all of their surrogate mothers.

Chase is a Carlisle brother.... Brandon would be one that is considered surrogate. :D

This is definately not a promising turn of events..... though im sticking to the lack of actual death... it was a mis-report. :blink:

• Site Administrator
Chase is a Carlisle brother.... Brandon would be one that is considered surrogate. :D

This is definately not a promising turn of events..... though im sticking to the lack of actual death... it was a mis-report. :blink:

See, I'm sooo upset, I even screwed up my own edit. :wacko:

• Site Administrator

Also, while Brandon may be a brother-in-spirit to Jon and Eric, and Helen and Barbra may think of it that way, the news reporters wouldn't, and wouldn't list him as one of the Carlisle brothers. It would also invalidate the theory that the title "Then there were two" means two brothers.

• Site Administrator

Okay, now I go and read the end of 21, and really really read this one sentance:

Barbra hesitated to say the name, knowing what the loss of who, she thought, was in spite of everything likely Helen
Okay, now I go and read the end of 21, and really really read this one sentance:

So who would have caused Helen the most grief other than Eric? So replace the sentance with "she thought, in spite of everything that Eric has done, was likely Helen's favourite of the three brothers."

I'm soooo confused :blink:

LoL ok he must really have you mixed up because that is chapter 19. LoL 20 hasn't been posted yet let alone 21. :wacko:

Its ok its all in his master plan to keep us from lynching him worse than the slow roast we are already doing.

Don't worry we won't hold it against ya. :ph34r:

• Site Administrator
LoL ok he must really have you mixed up because that is chapter 19. LoL 20 hasn't been posted yet let alone 21. :wacko:

Its ok its all in his master plan to keep us from lynching him worse than the slow roast we are already doing.

Don't worry we won't hold it against ya. :ph34r:

Yikes, I'm going to go get some Nyquil and go to bed. But if I don't get any sleep tonight, it is all CJ's fault :angry: .

Yikes, I'm going to go get some Nyquil and go to bed. But if I don't get any sleep tonight, it is all CJ's fault :angry: .

*Hugs wildone* Its ok it will be over soon. The mean ol Goat promised to post the next chapter early. All the chaos will begin anew then. :whistle:

We can break out the BBQ grill then and have a pool party and have BBQ Goat for the dinner. :devil::sheep::devil::great: :fire:

• Site Administrator
*Hugs wildone* Its ok it will be over soon. The mean ol Goat promised to post the next chapter early. All the chaos will begin anew then. :whistle:

Okay, it's now on the official record -- CJ has promised to post the next chapter early.

We can break out the BBQ grill then and have a pool party and have BBQ Goat for the dinner. :devil::sheep::devil::great: :fire:

Only if we don't get the chapter early, or we don't like the contents. If he posts it early AND we like the contents, I think the BBQ should be postponed (not cancelled -- I'm not that trusting).

Okay, it's now on the official record -- CJ has promised to post the next chapter early.

Only if we don't get the chapter early, or we don't like the contents. If he posts it early AND we like the contents, I think the BBQ should be postponed (not cancelled -- I'm not that trusting).

Agreed. :devil::great: :fire:

Catching up on the backlog of chapters, only to witness the level of evilness CJ is capable of producing... I wholeheartedly join the fatwa; it'd better confirm Graeme's theory, or else...

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I agree :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

By NO means is CJ a 'kid' - you need Goat Stew or something to simmer his grizzly old carcass down to something edible :D

:o grizzly old carcass??!?!?! Emoe!!!

I think Emoe is just upset becuase unlike FTL, I didn't write him into this story... Yet. :devil:

HELLO!!! :wacko: The fun-loving, Tequila-drinking brother has the same name as me

I think Emoe is just upset becuase unlike FTL, I didn't write him into this story... Yet. :devil:

HELLO!!! :wacko: The fun-loving, Tequila-drinking brother has the same name as me

The feel of a rush of motion, then a sudden sensation of falling intruded on Brandon's sated dreams. Smacking into the carpeted floor, he was jarred awake and let out a startled gasp.

This has better not be the clue we are looking for :angry::pissed:

Steve B)

Isn't there an old legend that if you dream you are falling and don't wake up in time, you die when you hit the bottom in the dream? Hrmmm, something like that anyway. Or maybe a premonition? Or could it be something random and unrelated?

I never said all clues to a chapter are in the one preceding it. Yes, there are clues throughout the story to future events. :)

I can say unequivocally, and without fear of contradiction, that what you found either is, or is not, one of them. :)

We can break out the BBQ grill then and have a pool party and have BBQ Goat for the dinner. :devil:

Well, ummm, mean old goat? Awww, but I'm sweet and noce (and don't forget quiet and shy). And have me for dinner? err, as the guest, or the main course? Yipes...

Ahh, no, I promised to SEND IN the next chapter early. Remember, I can't actually install the file on the server. Joe does that. It is also at least possible 0:) that Joe has plans for new year's eve that don't include his computer. :)

Catching up on the backlog of chapters, only to witness the level of evilness CJ is capable of producing... I wholeheartedly join the fatwa; it'd better confirm Graeme's theory, or else...

Bondwriter!! What ever do you mean? Didn't you like the ending of 19? If not, remember the forum rules (p[osted at the top of the forum) so it should be Shadowgod y'all are after.

• Site Administrator
Ahh, no, I promised to SEND IN the next chapter early. Remember, I can't actually install the file on the server. Joe does that. It is also at least possible 0:) that Joe has plans for new year's eve that don't include his computer. :)

I think The Bastard Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers is trying to weasel his way out of his promise. Well, I'm here to inform him that weasels and goats are only very distantly related, and the Honourable Society of Weasels have forbidden him to weasel.....

This has better not be the clue we are looking for :angry::pissed:

Steve B)

Isn't there an old legend that if you dream you are falling and don't wake up in time, you die when you hit the bottom in the dream? Hrmmm, something like that anyway. Or maybe a premonition? Or could it be something random and unrelated?

I never said all clues to a chapter are in the one preceding it. Yes, there are clues throughout the story to future events. :)

I can say unequivocally, and without fear of contradiction, that what you found either is, or is not, one of them. :)

Well, ummm, mean old goat? Awww, but I'm sweet and noce (and don't forget quiet and shy). And have me for dinner? err, as the guest, or the main course? Yipes...

Bondwriter!! What ever do you mean? Didn't you like the ending of 19? If not, remember the forum rules (p[osted at the top of the forum) so it should be Shadowgod y'all are after.

Ahh, true! Two Erics.. But isn't this Eric nicer than that Eric? :) (though, that Eric was just... misunderstood)

I was actually thinking of Thadious J. Emoe, the fire-breathing homophobic fundy preacher in FTL. 0:)

And yes, Graeme did say that, wasn't me mean to me? :unsure:

BTW, I have a question on the Australain storyline in Ch 19...

Woody tipped me off to the "Nuclear Free Zone" sign at the Brisbane city limits. (thanks Woody!)

I thought that bit was fun. It also gave me an opportunity to show a lighter side to Dimitri and The Scar. I have a feeling that they aren't coming across as very lovable guys so far, and maybe I should fix that? :)

One other part I wanted to highlight is this.

Just so everyone knows, the Santa Cruz region of Bolivia was quiet when i wrote that. Now, it no longer is (It's a long-running problem that's heating up yet again) so the politics displayed are real.

Does this pique anyone's curiosity on what, exactly, The Scar is up to? It's also a clue.

:)

:blink::lmao: Shouldn't the BBQ Goat be jumping around trying to avoid anti-spoiler spines that should currently be homing in on his position in the oven? Someone get ready to open the door and let them in... It will help make sure that the Goat is tenderized.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..