Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play CH 19: Then there were Two

Ah, but CJ, anybody who has seen another male in a climbing harness, knows that, well lets say it accentuates a certain area of the male anatomy :D . Therefore, since I have come to the conclusion Steve is gay, he may just have shortened the waist to leg straps to make things just a little bit more "snug" and appealing as eye candy goes :lol: .

Yes, but she didn't mention who she thought would be her favourite, did she? And I said, Helen is most likely seeing how they are dealing with the shock.

But rather than beating a dead goat :sheep: , which you may well be in the next week :D , I will say no more.

Except, I must disagree with your opinion of Graeme. I'm sure when he returns, he will have an opinion opposite of yours ;) .

Steve B)

True about climbing harneses... They do have a rather accentuating effect. :devil: However, I can't say if you are right or not in your evaluation. :)

And dead?!? Me??!!? Uhoh... It sure isn't easy being a goat who writes! :o

And surely Graeme wouldn't say that LTMP 19 had a cliffhanger? I'm quite sure he's just been shocked into silence. 0:)

Roast Goat... Mmmm!

Roast Goat Kid

A traditional Turkish recipe

ACK!!! Now, now, I aspire to many things, but becoming dinner isn't one of them!! :ph34r:

Alright then who is to say that the press didn't get the identity wrong.... especially if it was from a distance. I'm still holding out for a hoax or loss among the shadows. :angry:

Stop popping my bubbles..... Its the only way im gonna make it to the next chapter.... Notice the goat didn't say it would be happy resolution.... just resolution.

I think Graeme is gonna agree with the rest of us about the cliffies.

:wacko:

:sheep::devil: The only way to make the heat go away is to make happy resolutions to the so called non-existent cliffies.

Hrmmm the burnt goat hair smell is fading but I still smell roasting goat. B)

I'm not trying to pop anyone's bubbles, and I can't say any more than is in the posted text, or the Echidna will get me with his anti-spoiler spines!

I can't say whether it will be a happy resolution or not, of course, becuase that would be a spoiler. And y'all wouldn't want me to get turned into a pincushion by the Echidna, now would ya? 0:)

Yeah, I think that the white van was the papparazzi too.

God, isn't that possible that there was a got there and it was the one who fell? And Helen, obciously who loved goats :wacko: is all shaken....

Ieshwar (trying to console himself)

Consoling yourself, by thinking it's a dead goat? :o

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
I can't say whether it will be a happy resolution or not, of course, because that would be a spoiler. And y'all wouldn't want me to get turned into a pincushion by the Echidna, now would ya? 0:)

Think of it as more or less "tenderizing" :lol:

I'm not trying to pop anyone's bubbles, and I can't say any more than is in the posted text, or the Echidna will get me with his anti-spoiler spines!

I can't say whether it will be a happy resolution or not, of course, becuase that would be a spoiler. And y'all wouldn't want me to get turned into a pincushion by the Echidna, now would ya? 0:)

Yeah, but you noted yourself that Graeme wasn't around and was mysteriously not commenting. So, he wouldn't be there to turn you 'into a pincushion', so you could tell us a little. Or even, post the next chapter earlier...

Yeah, but you noted yourself that Graeme wasn't around and was mysteriously not commenting. So, he wouldn't be there to turn you 'into a pincushion', so you could tell us a little. Or even, post the next chapter earlier...

B) ................OMG, I leave for a few days, and come back finding that they mob is demanding goat carcass be placed on a fireplace mantle.... I guess I'll just have to read the story

:( ............Can't say I didn't see this one coming......a real cliffhanger by the evil CJ!!!! I loved Brandons prank on Jon & Eric though. :wacko: ....so CJ you got the mob stirred up again, this time they are by-passing the tar and feathers....and going straight for the kill!!

:( ............Can't say I didn't see this one coming......a real cliffhanger by the evil CJ!!!! I loved Brandons prank on Jon & Eric though. :wacko: ....so CJ you got the mob stirred up again, this time they are by-passing the tar and feathers....and going straight for the kill!!

Idk I like the idea, of a slow roast, feel the pain... FEEL IT!

Ugh First Captinrick leaves me with his cliffhanger and now this, this isn't my week

Idk I like the idea, of a slow roast, feel the pain... FEEL IT!

Ugh First Captinrick leaves me with his cliffhanger and now this, this isn't my week

B) ......Yeah!! Just how much is Jonah going to take!! Sky should have been the injured one :(

Ok, so if CJ wants to live...intact, that is, he's going to have to pull a rabbit out of his sunglasses. For CJ's sake, I hope he's been taking magic lessons. :2hands:

I'm convinced that CJ would not kill off one of the 3 brothers. It doesn't matter which one, he'll be on a skewer regardless. It would also seem that the death of one of the guys would result in a cancellation of the tour. That would mess up the two storylines from merging in Australia. So I'm going to meander around what facts/clues we might have.

Generally, the wire services are quite reliable...like AP (associated press). They don't like to be wrong, especially in reporting a death. It also makes sense that if Barbra was monitoring/searching wire services, it would be the more legitimate and reliable ones. Neither Barbra nor Helen make any adverse comment on the source of the fatality story...again, this points to a reliable wire service. Then again, the story contains the victim's name....now this is unusual unless the next-of-kin have been contacted. There doesn't seem to have been enough time for that.

Helen certainly wasn't contacted. This also raises the issue of why didn't one of the guys call Helen....at least before the story hit the wire services. Yes, Helen's phone was off (another curiosity given the note left by Jon saying they were going rock climbing), but it strikes me that the guys would have contacted the hotel management and gotten a message to her to call back. So this also points to the story being incorrect.

What exactly did Eric figure out anyway? This is what he said to Wilde,

• Site Administrator

I agree with the misdirection. Barbara was monitoring the news services for the name Carlisle. So if the headline was something along the lines of "Tragedy happens in climbing incident involving the Carlisle brothers...", Barbara would be alerted. Any mention of the accident, regardless of who was involved would most likely have their names included.

Then again, our goat is the master of deception, so we may have all missed the obvious. Possibly Wilde and Steve had their discussion and Wilde offered up a bottle of Tequila to the other two. After a few swigs, Eric looks over the edge to see how Chase is making out and spots the paparazzi hiding behind a rock taking pictures. Not having a handy fire hose, Eric instinctively leaps off the cliff to tackle the photographer, and hits him so hard in a free fall, that he kills the photographer.

It's not like we haven't seen these scenarios before :P

I kinda like the BBQ idea. How bout making it a pool party with a BBQ? I know CJ would be much more comfortable at a pool party. :D

Steve

I agree with the misdirection. Barbara was monitoring the news services for the name Carlisle. So if the headline was something along the lines of "Tragedy happens in climbing incident involving the Carlisle brothers...", Barbara would be alerted. Any mention of the accident, regardless of who was involved would most likely have their names included.

Then again, our goat is the master of deception, so we may have all missed the obvious. Possibly Wilde and Steve had their discussion and Wilde offered up a bottle of Tequila to the other two. After a few swigs, Eric looks over the edge to see how Chase is making out and spots the paparazzi hiding behind a rock taking pictures. Not having a handy fire hose, Eric instinctively leaps off the cliff to tackle the photographer, and hits him so hard in a free fall, that he kills the photographer.

It's not like we haven't seen these scenarios before :P

I kinda like the BBQ idea. How bout making it a pool party with a BBQ? I know CJ would be much more comfortable at a pool party. :D

Steve

B) .............Great insight!! I can picture Eric doing just that!! :P The Goat is a deceitful, evil cliffhanging Queen. I second the pool party and Bar-B-que

And don't forget Duncan Ryder's Everybody's Wounded, found in the eFiction area, at the end of Chapter 14. This story, BTW, is one of the best I've read.

Jack B)

OK, the clues are all there, according to CJ.

[*]Then there were Two

[*]Neither Steve, nor any of the others, noticed . . . that a small, white car had followed them, tailing them from a distance.

[*]Steve made sure Chase

I love your writing you mean ol goat. I just can't believe your killing off one of the band members.... I am praying for it all to be a hoax promoted by the Shadows...... I don't think I could recover if the band is broken like that..... The scary part is losing one of the members kinda *gasp* :funny: :wacko: makes the Title of the story.

Griping and speculation aside. Awsome story... I really do love your writing.

Anyone seen Graeme... He has usually posted by now.

I still say it smells like roasting Goat.....

Anxiously awaiting next chapter for the HAPPY resolution to these troublesome cliffies. Maybe then the smell of roasting goat will go away. :ph34r:

Graeme is away on a christmas holiday but I have a feeling he already read the chapter because look at his post before he left:

December 24 2007, 04:49 PM

Post #196

Okay, everyone, I'm off for a few days. I'm hoping the forum will still be in one piece when I get back -- though with chapter 19 of LTMP due to be posted, I'm sure there will be lots of activity

Happy Holidays!

Edited by rbenn5
Roast Goat... Mmmm!

Roast Goat Kid

A traditional Turkish recipe

3 1/2 lb (1 1/4 kilo) Goat kid, with bones

4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered

6 cloves garlic

4 tsp. parsley, chopped

3 large onions, peeled and quartered

1 tsp. each salt, black pepper and rosemary

Place the potatoes and onions in a large saucepan with the garlic and parsley. Add water to cover and cook over a medium flame to cover for 30 minutes.

Place the Goat kid in a deep baking dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary. Cover the meat with the vegetables and 2 cups of the liquids in which they were boiled. Place in a medium oven until the meat is done (about 2 hours), basting occasionally with the fluids. Remove the meat and vegetables from whatever liquids remain and serve hot. (Serves 4).

So THERE Mr. Cliff Jhanger! (Note: The 'J' in 'Jhanger' is silent.)

Colin B)

By NO means is CJ a 'kid' - you need Goat Stew or something to simmer his grizzly old carcass down to something edible :D

Graeme is away on a christmas holiday but I have a feeling he already read the chapter because look at his post before he left:

Post #196

Okay, everyone, I'm off for a few days. I'm hoping the forum will still be in one piece when I get back -- though with chapter 19 of LTMP due to be posted, I'm sure there will be lots of activity

Happy Holidays!

I know that Graeme read the chapter beta before he left because CJ mistakenly sent his marked-up chapter to me :devil: One of the challenges of getting the chapters ahead of posting is not accidentally phrasing something that could be interpreted as a spoiler. I went through several iterations on the ending of my last post, trying to come up with a way to say that without giving away the cliffie and still be correct once 20 gets posted :ranger:

If that was a Merry Christmas chapter, what do we get for New Years? The apocalypse? The terrorists blow a hole in the planet and send it out of the solar system?

I loved the joke they played on Eric and John! That was funny.

As for who died, I'm not sure anyone is dead. The car that followed them was probably carying reporters. They had to stay far away to avoid being seen. There is no way they could have been sure that an accident was fatal. They probably assumed that it was so that they would be the first to publish the story. They probably could not identify the victim either.

There is no way that Brandon or John could have been killed unless someone fell on top of them. In that case two deaths would have been reported. Wilde was on top of the cliff so he is fine. Eric did not notice Steve's shocked expression so Eric must have survived. Steve himself witnessed the accident unharmed. Zeke was securing a rope on the ground if I understand the situation correctly. The only one left to fall is Chase. The coment on him being the favorite despite everything could apply to Chase because of all the trouble with his family.

The only other possibility I see is a large rock falling on someone but that sound like a looney toons moment.

• Site Moderator
I know that Graeme read the chapter beta before he left because CJ mistakenly sent his marked-up chapter to me :devil: One of the challenges of getting the chapters ahead of posting is not accidentally phrasing something that could be interpreted as a spoiler. I went through several iterations on the ending of my last post, trying to come up with a way to say that without giving away the cliffie and still be correct once 20 gets posted :ranger:

I can relate to that, EMoe. It is difficult for Beta's and Editors to take part in discussions. We do have to watch what we say.

I like the idea of a pool party also, just as long as the only thing around to jump off is a diving board.

Jan

• Site Moderator
Where there's a pool, there's a roof top to jump off of... :lol:

Not necessarily. I've been to some places that there was no building close enough to jump off of. Even if you tried running across the roof top and jumped. And if you were lucky enough to make it, it would have been the shallow end.

• Site Administrator
Anyone seen Graeme... He has usually posted by now.

This is one of those times where being in one of the early timezones is a disadvantage. I've been away for a few days, visiting relations. As part of that, I took a few days off from the internet.

BTW, I'm sure Graeme's absence is becuase he agrees that CH 19 is not a cliffhanger, and he's shocked into silence that some appear to think otherwise. 0:)

Nice try... but no :P And to confirm what was said before, I got to read chapter 19 before I went away, but I couldn't say anything... though I'm glad someone picked up on the comment in my last post before I went away :D I worded it carefully.

Except, I must disagree with your opinion of Graeme. I'm sure when he returns, he will have an opinion opposite of yours ;) .

Steve has proven, yet again, that he can be a fine judge of character. His only flaw is that he slipped and gave CJ a quote he could use against him....

I think Graeme is gonna agree with the rest of us about the cliffies.

Yep! B)

And surely Graeme wouldn't say that LTMP 19 had a cliffhanger? I'm quite sure he's just been shocked into silence. 0:)

I, Graeme, hereby declare that I believe that LTMP 19 had a cliffhanger ending. Not only did it meet the spiritual requirement of a stressful situation that has the readers waiting anxiously to see what happens next, but it also has the poetic literal interpretation, with people hanging from cliffs (at least for a period in time before the dramatic ending).

Post #196

Happy Holidays!

You've got me :D Yes, I read it before I went away.

I started beta reading for CJ a couple of chapters ago. Part of that is to keep him honest on the Australian parts (though he has other Australian's he also checks with). Thus, I got to read the chapter, and complain vigorously, some time ago.

My comments on this chapter, that I emailed to him, included:

1. News reports can be wrong.

2. They were in a remote location. To confirm a death would take paramedics and a helicopter (almost certainly). Given the news report so quickly, it was probably by the papparazzi who followed them, and it is just as likely that the person is injured but not dead.

3. Since the name of the person involved is in the media report, CJ is just being a bastard by not telling us.

I hope number one is true (it was my first reaction upon reading the ending), and I stand by number three. Maybe CJ needs a refinement on his title?

C James: The Bastard Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers!

My comments on this chapter, that I emailed to him, included:

2. They were in a remote location. To confirm a death would take paramedics and a helicopter (almost certainly). Given the news report so quickly, it was probably by the papparazzi who followed them, and it is just as likely that the person is injured but not dead.

3. Since the name of the person involved is in the media report, CJ is just being a bastard by not telling us.

That's exactly why I won't believe that someone has died, at least just yet, because in the time it would take for the death to be confirm surely the other boys woulda have time to give a little call to helen or get in touch with her.

The media love to make big title out of not much, they don't like to sit on something that could be a scoop by fear of getting it stolen. So a reporter can easily have thought, 'well surely he died after that'

sacha

oh and with the updated name,,, umm, gotta say that it would have been nicer if CJ had already posted the next chapter by now.

Post #196

Happy Holidays!

He did indeed. Hrrrrmmm, maybe Graeme added any cliffhangers y'all think you saw? 0:)

By NO means is CJ a 'kid' - you need Goat Stew or something to simmer his grizzly old carcass down to something edible :D

:o grizzly old carcass??!?!?! Emoe!!!

I think Emoe is just upset becuase unlike FTL, I didn't write him into this story... Yet. :devil:

And yes, Emoe is right. I cleverly managed to send Emoe the wrong version of the file, and as a result I had to add in my changes (in response to the Beta) AFTER the edit. That's why there was a typo. :*)

If that was a Merry Christmas chapter, what do we get for New Years? The apocalypse? The terrorists blow a hole in the planet and send it out of the solar system?

I loved the joke they played on Eric and John! That was funny.

No, actually, we get the anthology, if all goes well, and I have a story in it called "Three for Jake". It's sort of my way of making up for any perceived, umm, tense ending in Ch 19. (I'm not saying there was one, but I am acknowledging the fact that some readers seemed to perceive one.) :)

I can relate to that, EMoe. It is difficult for Beta's and Editors to take part in discussions. We do have to watch what we say.

I like the idea of a pool party also, just as long as the only thing around to jump off is a diving board.

Jan

Totally agreed, Jan, but I think it applies to authors, too. There is always a lot I can't say. :)

I, Graeme, hereby declare that I believe that LTMP 19 had a cliffhanger ending. Not only did it meet the spiritual requirement of a stressful situation that has the readers waiting anxiously to see what happens next, but it also has the poetic literal interpretation, with people hanging from cliffs (at least for a period in time before the dramatic ending).

ACK!! Echidna!!!! Surely you can't be serious? How could you say I'd use a cliffhanger? :o

No one was hanging off the cliff at the end of the chapter... Splattered at the bottom maybe, but not hanging. So, not a cliffhanger. 0:)

BTW, Graeme has indeed joined our team (thank you Graeme!!) Shadowgod is the Anonymous Beta Reader, so we need a title for Graeme... I'm thinking Illustrious Echidna-beta-reader?

And yep, Graeme did indeed complain vigorously about Ch 19. And yes, he did call me a bastard (isn't he mean?)

BTW, everyone, these aren't spoilers. When Graeme sent this, he hadn't seen 20.

However, please note that it was Barbra, not me, who didn't mention the name (so it's not my fault). I did manage to slip in that it was a Carlisle, though, so I did give as much information as I could. :) I even slipped clues into the chapter. :)

That's exactly why I won't believe that someone has died, at least just yet, because in the time it would take for the death to be confirm surely the other boys woulda have time to give a little call to helen or get in touch with her.

The media love to make big title out of not much, they don't like to sit on something that could be a scoop by fear of getting it stolen. So a reporter can easily have thought, 'well surely he died after that'

sacha

oh and with the updated name,,, umm, gotta say that it would have been nicer if CJ had already posted the next chapter by now.

Aww, okay, I'll tell y'all what I'll do. If things go well, I'll send in the next chapter New Year's day! If not, it will be Tuesday. :)

Aww, okay, I'll tell y'all what I'll do. If things go well, I'll send in the next chapter New Year's day! If not, it will be Tuesday. :)

B) ...........Of course you DO realize Tuesday and New Years Day are the same DAY!

• Site Administrator
B) ...........Of course you DO realize Tuesday and New Years Day are the same DAY!

He's also lying. I don't expect to see the next chapter until Wednesday, my time. No matter how much he promises, CJ always seems to be a day late with his posting 0:)

He's also lying. I don't expect to see the next chapter until Wednesday, my time. No matter how much he promises, CJ always seems to be a day late with his posting 0:)

Maybe he will take pity on us and post it on Monday as a new years eve present. :P

I wouldn't complain if he posted it now to be honest. Just remember to update the Title CJ. B)0:)

:music:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..