Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Thanking the Team

I don't do this often enough, so I'll try and make up for it now :)

I want to express my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all those who are part of the stories WE write. I say "We" and I mean it.

This post is dedicated to Emoe, Shadowgod, Graeme, Bondwriter, and Captain Rick, for all that they do for the stories WE post

My sincere thanks to you all. :worship:

And remember, I often say that the stories that go out under my name are a team effort, and I mean it. The only think I won't share the credit for is any errors; those, as I say in the chapter footers, are mine, and mine alone.

CJ

• Site Moderator

I'll add my THANKS to your team as well, CJ. You've assembled quite a team. For the author, I think that's half the job, finding the right team. So THANKS to everyone involved.

Jan

You guys do a fantastic job of helping refine CJ's stories into works of art. As I reader I am very much indebted to all of you. A new chapter from CJ is one of the few times when I'll drop whatever I'm doing to go read it. A special thanks goes out to Shadowgod for adding all those eeevil goathangers that keep us coming back for more. ;)

You guys do a fantastic job of helping refine CJ's stories into works of art. As I reader I am very much indebted to all of you. A new chapter from CJ is one of the few times when I'll drop whatever I'm doing to go read it. A special thanks goes out to Shadowgod for adding all those eeevil goathangers that keep us coming back for more. ;)

I don't think Steve has ever claimed responsibility for those. Rather, he is falsely accused. Besides, Shadowgod is too busy creating diabolical cliffhangers in Dreams and Clipped Wings. ;)

I don't think Steve has ever claimed responsibility for those. Rather, he is falsely accused. Besides, Shadowgod is too busy creating diabolical cliffhangers in Dreams and Clipped Wings. ;)

Don't you ever say that agian!!!

You might give him idea's!

A big thanks to your entire team for everything they do CJ. Having support and help is one the most important things to a writer.

So a big cheer to you all.

-Mike

There's already something in the works according to what they keep saying about Chapter 9. Don't blame me. I like evil cliffhangers. I just have not yet used them. B) Besides, Shadowgod does a lot of good. He's one of CJ's beta reader, and he writes some of the best stories on GA. Even if I did not like evil cliffhangers, I would still like what Shadowgod does. ;)

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger
I'll add my THANKS to your team as well, CJ. You've assembled quite a team. For the author, I think that's half the job, finding the right team. So THANKS to everyone involved.

Jan

Thank Jan!

They do a fantastic job.

Exactly, putting up the team that will give the best possible finished product is not all easy. And as the conductor you did just that. Look at the end result,, A big thank to all of you to make those stories possible.

Thanks Sacha!

BTW, I've mentioned it on here before, but quite some time ago. So, I'll do so again; My team has much to put up with... I'm Dyslexic, and I'm also a poor typist. Word's spell-check helps, but I'm still bedeviled by look-alike incorrect words. As a dyslexic, I have trouble seeing letter sequences in the right order, so words of similar spelling and length often slip through. For example, my most common errors are

be instead of by.

out instead of our

waived instead of waved.

bought instead of brought

I do proofread as well as spell-check, but some invarialy get by as I'll often see what I think should be there instead of what is there.

I also tend to speak in complex sentences, so I have too much of a tendency to use them in my writing.

I also often forget to put things in the text. I envision it and then write it, but often I forget little details that I can "see" but forget to show the reader. For example, I'll forget to show the reaction of one or more of the people present at an event. :)

Thank you Gary!!!

And thanks too for the acknowledgment of Shadowgod as our cliffhanger-adder. :worship:

I think I can clarify the cliffie-adding issue. I hereby challenge Shadowgod to give a one word, yes-or-no answer to the question: "In the course of our beta relationship, have cliffhangers ever been added during beta?"

Shadowgod won't lie outright, so he will have to answer "yes".

:)

And remember, your shadowyness, you need to give a one word answer. Yes, or No. :P

A big thanks to your entire team for everything they do CJ. Having support and help is one the most important things to a writer.

So a big cheer to you all.

-Mike

Thanks Mike! They indeed do a fantastic job. And for this writer, having support and help isn't one of the most important things, it's THE most important thing. :)

There's already something in the works according to what they keep saying about Chapter 9. Don't blame me. I like evil cliffhangers. I just have not yet used them. B) Besides, Shadowgod does a lot of good. He's one of CJ's beta reader, and he writes some of the best stories on GA. Even if I did not like evil cliffhangers, I would still like what Shadowgod does. ;)

Never used an evil cliffhanger? You most certainly have! Several, in fact! :P

CJ :)

First off CJ I think i can answer for everyone when I say that the pain (or was it pleasure?) has been all ours. To be quite honest with each new story you pound out, I have a hard time nailing down a over-all favorite. So hey a big thanks to you for the endless hours of frustration and reading pleasure you provide :P

Now for this bit of silliness...

I think I can clarify the cliffie-adding issue. I hereby challenge Shadowgod to give a one word, yes-or-no answer to the question: "In the course of our beta relationship, have cliffhangers ever been added during beta?"

And remember, your shadowyness, you need to give a one word answer. Yes, or No. :P

Well if that isn't a loaded question then i do not know what is, so in all interest of fairness and not misleading your poor readers ( you cause enough emotional turmoil as it is), I am going to have to abstain from answering the question as it stands. If they want the real answer they can feel free to PM me and I will of course give them all the filthy details (yes I do still have that pdf file :P ) The truth of the matter, I think, may just surprise them :)

Well if that isn't a loaded question then i do not know what is, so in all interest of fairness and not misleading your poor readers ( you cause enough emotional turmoil as it is), I am going to have to abstain from answering the question as it stands. If they want the real answer they can feel free to PM me and I will of course give them all the filthy details (yes I do still have that pdf file :P ) The truth of the matter, I think, may just surprise them :)

Well, I did just as you mentioned. ;)

Well, I can find out easily enough. See above!

Never used an evil cliffhanger? You most certainly have! Several, in fact! :P

CJ :)

We have discussed this issue. You know why I am saying that by now. Quite frankly, if I am going to be accused of it, I will show everyone just how capable I am of using them!

WOW! I've went 52 days without posting. And nope, that is NOT a record for me :lol: I've been everywhere but here lately. I hope this means I'm back but time (and work) will tell...

I also tend to speak in complex sentences, so I have too much of a tendency to use them in my writing.

CJ, as I am quite sure you all know by now, has a thing for, amongst other things, that silly, though often useful, punctuation mark known as, of all things, the comma. I have, though it is probably not apparent to you, the reader, on more than one occasion, that would be several, taken that most precious of all editing buttons, the Delete key, on a feeding frenzy, but even that hard working key, though try it's mightiest, cannot consume all the commas there are to eat within a chapter from our noble writer, the goatliest of them all, CJ.

Though i can read it ok, it hurts my brain to attempt sentence construction in imitation of his style.

You'll note the clever construction of the question. It quite clearly fails to indicate WHO added the cliffie - only that one was added! This is an excellent example of the goat's thinking...

You'll note the clever construction of the question. It quite clearly fails to indicate WHO added the cliffie - only that one was added! This is an excellent example of the goat's thinking...

Some may never know the answer to that question. 0:)

Hhhhmmm... I go away for a while thinking that the Members Awards settled that whole cliffie debate! Let the debate for the best\most frequent cliffhanger begin.

CJ, it looks like Dan is taking an early in this category with the last few chapters of Rich Boy.

Thanks to the team for putting out such a good story on such a frequent release schedule! :worship:

Steve

Hhhhmmm... I go away for a while thinking that the Members Awards settled that whole cliffie debate! Let the debate for the best\most frequent cliffhanger begin.

CJ, it looks like Dan is taking an early in this category with the last few chapters of Rich Boy.

Thanks to the team for putting out such a good story on such a frequent release schedule! :worship:

Steve

Thanks for pointing out Dan's evil cliffies. Now I won't be accused of using those for a while. I just got into the story myself. I like it! B)

CJ, as I am quite sure you all know by now, has a thing for, amongst other things, that silly, though often useful, punctuation mark known as, of all things, the comma. I have, though it is probably not apparent to you, the reader, on more than one occasion, that would be several, taken that most precious of all editing buttons, the Delete key, on a feeding frenzy, but even that hard working key, though try its mightiest, cannot consume all the commas there are to eat within a chapter from our noble writer, the goatliest of them all, CJ.

:D I know the feeling. I try suppress a few, but it's only possible to some extent. I'd say I'm more of an "apostrophe adding" guy anyway. And CJ, thanks for the 250% raise.

First off CJ I think i can answer for everyone when I say that the pain (or was it pleasure?) has been all ours. To be quite honest with each new story you pound out, I have a hard time nailing down a over-all favorite. So hey a big thanks to you for the endless hours of frustration and reading pleasure you provide :P

Now for this bit of silliness...

Frustration? Me? Would I ever do such a thing as that? 0:)

And you are very welcome! I have really become addicted to writing, and I love it. :)

And why would I ask a loaded question? 0:) It was such a simple and direct question, needing only a yes or a no. 0:)

WOW! I've went 52 days without posting. And nope, that is NOT a record for me :lol: I've been everywhere but here lately. I hope this means I'm back but time (and work) will tell...

CJ, as I am quite sure you all know by now, has a thing for, amongst other things, that silly, though often useful, punctuation mark known as, of all things, the comma. I have, though it is probably not apparent to you, the reader, on more than one occasion, that would be several, taken that most precious of all editing buttons, the Delete key, on a feeding frenzy, but even that hard working key, though try it's mightiest, cannot consume all the commas there are to eat within a chapter from our noble writer, the goatliest of them all, CJ.

Though i can read it ok, it hurts my brain to attempt sentence construction in imitation of his style.

ROFL! :lmao: That was only a slight exaggeration, I am chagrined to admit! I've been working on that issue, but I do seem to use complex sentences, for some reason, not entirely sure why, but I do, and that means commas, often anyway. 0:)

Seriously though, I think you will find that the next chapters to appear in your inbox aren't quite as bad in that regard. :)

And Emoe! I have no idea what you could possibly mean by that remark about my perfectly straightforward question! 0:)

Steve

Hi Steve!! Welcome back!! :2thumbs:

You bring up a very good point; my frequent release schedule is hard on the team. This was even more true when I fell behind due to my 5 week vacation late last year. I'm currently writing a few chapters ahead which helps a little, but it's still a very large volume of text for them to deal with. It's only due to their dedicated work that the frequent release schedule is possible. :worship:

:D I know the feeling. I try suppress a few, but it's only possible to some extent. I'd say I'm more of an "apostrophe adding" guy anyway. And CJ, thanks for the 250% raise.

Bondwriter, as I have oft told him, amazes me. English is not his first language, yet in spite of that he commands a keen eye for grammar and punctuation, as well as spelling. I find this nothing less than astounding. :worship:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..