• Mario
    • One of the bikers
    • The General
    • An airforce personel we don''t know the name of
    • Other

• Site Administrator

So my guess is Mario is swiss cheese.

What's your guess?

If I missed any obvious choices, let me know.

Edited by wildone
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliffhanger? :huh:

One measly bullet riddled body and you declare a cliffhanger? I'd have thought that after reading Shadowgod's stories, you'd have developed a much higher threshold for cliffhangers!!! :P

I think an "other" choice is needed.

Based on what CJ has told us so far neither Mario or Dimitri have guns.

The General would be arriving via an Osprey which is kind of noisy and I don't know why he'd land up in the hills and approach the house after dark. And if he did why would he be carrying what sounded like an AK-47?

What other AF personnel would be arriving on-scene without the General's knowledge?

My gut instinct suggests someone else was up there and got shot.

ADDED1: CJ I don't think Steve has ever left us with an unknown body riddled with bullets on a hill at the end of a chapter.

ADDED2: Thanks for adding "other". :)

Edited by GaryInMiami

One measly bullet riddled body and you declare a cliffhanger? I'd have thought that after reading Shadowgod's stories, you'd have developed a much higher threshold for cliffhangers!!! :P

It was not quite as evil as 37, but it was indeed a cliffhanger. It was definitely worse than the

supposed cliffhanger in Second Chances Chapter 2.

• Site Administrator

Wow, this is the second time you have admitted to using a cliffhanger by the above sentance :D .

It seems that you on your way to recovery :great:

Wow, this is the second time you have admitted to using a cliffhanger by the above sentance :D .

I did not sense an admission. That was more of a downplayer.

I did not sense an admission. That was more of a downplayer.

Perhaps it wasn't an outright admission, but it wasn't a definitive denial either. He merely stated that compared to Steve we should have "developed a much higher threshold for cliffhangers!" :P

Perhaps it wasn't an outright admission, but it wasn't a definitive denial either. He merely stated that compared to Steve we should have "developed a much higher threshold for cliffhangers!" :P

There's no doubt that Steve is in the top three. The other two are dkstories and C James. There is no doubt that they have the most evil cliffhangers. Jack Scribe had a good one early on in the year though. However, I think even Steve would say that C James has the most brutally devious cliffhangers. He has only admitted to using an evil cliffhanger outright once that I am aware of.

But I don't see how this is a cliffhanger? We know the body is not that of an Instinct member, or Helen. What could possibly be tense about that? I mean,. what's the worst that could happen? 0:)

BTW, my higher threshold for cliffhangers, I meant the threshold where somthing is deemed to be a cliffie. I still don't see how this one is. After all, I almost never use cliffhangers. :) (and even the one time I have, LTMP 37, it was due to me being under the influence of Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne.). :)

This is a good question, Indeed, it was made look that Mario and Dimitri didn't brought their guns with them and only have weapon knife. But, to go along with dimitri's plan b, they would have to have a gun. Therefore there's nothing that says that they didn't go back to the car and get them.

I really don't think that it's the general or one of the air force base crew because, it would be unlikely that they'd try to sneak in and he wouldn't be alone that way. yes, they might have the fire power with them, after being summoned to drop his weapon, he would have said something and not just fire at will at the house.

I really don't think it's a biker, cause it's been said that it wasn't one of them, and they would have known if it was.

It's been said that Mario was more used to prepare hits, than Dimitri... But on the other hand Dimitri was ex KGB or something, so he's not totally clueless in those situation. Still, my choice,,,, either someone that we don't know, or Dimitri.

That was far from an admission, he just said that with shadowgod cliffies, you should have a higher limit then that for calling cliffhangers.

• Site Moderator

I'm guessing that it was Mario who became swiss cheese. Having been a former member of the KGB, I don't think Dimitri would have taken the point.

I'm guessing that it was Mario who became swiss cheese. Having been a former member of the KGB, I don't think Dimitri would have taken the point.

B) ......That would be my guess also, Mario sleeps with the greyland goose!

• Site Administrator

Dang poll won't let me change my answer :angry: Who created it anyway?? 0:)

I want to change my answer to Dimitri. A couple of things came to mind. The first was this passage in the brief encounter with the hero of the story so far, Gunter:

Mario
That's exactly how the goat wants you to feel. Not only is he the king of evil cliffhangers, he's also a master of misdirection. evil-smirk.gif

B) .......Ok, if Dimitri bit the dust, the government finds the phone, I wonder if they can track the bombs location with it. If Mario gets killed, Dimitri hi-tails out of there and phones Scar. Will "Operation Kill Instinct" will be squashed or put on hold? What good would it do for Dimitri to get himself killed over the bands "newly increased security".

If Dimitri is the one who was killed I wonder who's going to take delivery of the gold? Will Scar have to put himself at risk to do that? If so then it's even more important to kill Instinct and Helen before they can relate their suspicions to the military.

If Dimitri is the one who was killed I wonder who's going to take delivery of the gold? Will Scar have to put himself at risk to do that? If so then it's even more important to kill Instinct and Helen before they can relate their suspicions to the military.

B) ..........I think the Military has enough to go on without re-confirming Instincts suspicions. Dimitri maybe loyal to Scar, but a dead loyalist is no good to anyone.

<_< .........That is at least no good to Scar!

I think one of the poll answers should have been a goat!

Does the military have a good enough description of Scar yet to carry on without Instinct? I honestly can't remember.

I think one of the poll answers should have been a goat!

Does the military have a good enough description of Scar yet to carry on without Instinct? I honestly can't remember.

B) .........You have Barbara in LA, who is making a report with the police after viewing Gunters body. And of course you have his loving son Joe still around.

Edited by Benji
And of course you have his loving son Joe still around.

If government agencies are coordinating their inquiries, they have quite enough. Remember Joe's interview with the customs agent; they should suspect Jerry as an arms dealer. Combine that with Instinct's information given to the Air Force. That should be enough.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..