GA GetTogether June 2008 - Dallas

Yeah Jack. You probably have a concave chest while Benji is all buff and sexy. Oh, if only he weren't married I'd jump his bones so fast he wouldn't know what happened, but he'd have a huge smile on his face. :P

I still think NYC is the best bet.

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Jack. You probably have a concave chest while Benji is all buff and sexy. Oh, if only he weren't married I'd jump his bones so fast he wouldn't know what happened, but he'd have a huge smile on his face. :P

:( ....................Suddenly NYC is having an ill effect!! :P

:( ....................Suddenly NYC is having an ill effect!! :P

tears.gif

I really want to go to the next one! I think it will be awesome. <crosses fingers>

It does seem like it'll be awesome. If you still want to go when the date rolls around let me know and I'll make sure you can attend. If it's in the summer I'll be bringing my son with me and the two of you can share a room with two beds.

It does seem like it'll be awesome. If you still want to go when the date rolls around let me know and I'll make sure you can attend. If it's in the summer I'll be bringing my son with me and the two of you can share a room with two beds.

Who says they'll gonna use both of them? :P

Then go on riding Benji.

Like two oldies having fun really make me jealous. :rolleyes:

Like two oldies having fun really make me jealous. :rolleyes:

Typical arrogant attitude I'd expect from a French-Canadian wannabe. Do you really think I care if you're jealous? :P

In spite of Frosty being there I still think NYC in summer is a great idea. :)

When do we get to start a vote on the location? Or is NYC already official?

Typical arrogant attitude I'd expect from a French-Canadian wannabe. Do you really think I care if you're jealous? :P

In spite of Frosty being there I still think NYC in summer is a great idea. :)

When do we get to start a vote on the location? Or is NYC already official?

Gary...I have a French Canadian maiden in my blood. So you can't call me a wannabe. :P

NYC is fine. I can't promise I can make it, but it seems to be doable.

I dunno if it's official. I think we should vote? O,o

Gary...I have a French Canadian maiden in my blood. So you can't call me a wannabe. :P

My grandmother emmigrated to Canada from France (with her parents and most of her siblings, her eldest sister didn't as she was a can-can dancer and making too good of a living), but she would have beat you if you called her a French Canadian ... they emmigrated to western Canada.

Sounds like a painful condition. :P

It doesn't matter to me if Myr picks a place or we get to vote on it. :)

Don't talk to Myr, talk to Trebs, he is responsible for this fiasco

My grandmother emmigrated to Canada from France (with her parents and most of her siblings, her eldest sister didn't as she was a can-can dancer and making too good of a living), but she would have beat you if you called her a French Canadian ... they emmigrated to western Canada.

***OFF TOPIC***

French Canadians are usually the original 7000 French settlers who colonized New France in the 17th and 18th centuries. All Quebecois having French origins are descendants from the original 7000 settlers.

Plus, "French Canadian" is not really something you want to call many Quebecois. They prefer to be "Quebecois", period. Calling them "French Canadian" is becoming very outdated now. It's easier for a recent French immigrant to identify himself as "Quebecois" than "French Canadian" because the term "Quebecois" sees no ethnic borders and everyone, even those not having French blood, can call themselves "Quebecois" if they please. It's just a more open word for everyone to identify together with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Canadian#Quebec

***OFF TOPIC***

I didn't know Myr decides things. What about a vote?

***OFF TOPIC***

French Canadians are usually the original 7000 French settlers who colonized New France in the 17th and 18th centuries. All Quebecois having French origins are descendants from the original 7000 settlers.

Plus, "French Canadian" is not really something you want to call many Quebecois. They prefer to be "Quebecois", period. Calling them "French Canadian" is becoming very outdated now. It's easier for a recent French immigrant to identify himself as "Quebecois" than "French Canadian" because the term "Quebecois" sees no ethnic borders and everyone, even those not having French blood, can call themselves "Quebecois" if they please. It's just a more open word for everyone to identify together with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Canadian#Quebec

***OFF TOPIC***

I just call them "Pea Souper's" anyway :P

F-word you! :P

I love soupe aux pois. :( I am known to make a good one. It takes me a day to make it right. :P

B) ..........Sounds good, except you don't put ham in it do you? I don't partake in certain meat! Bring some down to the GA convention!! :P

B) ..........Sounds good, except you don't put ham in it do you? I don't partake in certain meat! Bring some down to the GA convention!! :P

It doesn't need to have ham. You could put pork bones in it. Or lard (which I avoid). Or porkchops.

But I put bacon strips and porkchops in it. I have to have some kind of grease so the hard split pea become more liquid and tasty because just plain water will make it too bland. It's very rich and heavy. A big bowl of soupe aux pois will fill you up fast.

And I can't bring some to the GA. The customs will take it away from me if they see me with a big container of green goo.

I'll bring you some pets des soeurs ("nuns' farts"). :P

Edited by Jack Frost
It doesn't need to have ham. You could put pork bones in it. Or lard (which I avoid). Or porkchops.

But I put bacon strips and porkchops in it. I have to have some kind of grease so the hard split pea become more liquid and tasty because just plain water will make it too bland. It's very rich and heavy. A big bowl of soupe aux pois will fill you up fast.

And I can't bring some to the GA. The customs will take it away from me if they see me with a big container of green goo.

I'll bring you some pets des soeurs ("nuns' farts"). :P

B) ..........'saved by customs' LOL,no pork of any kind thank-you!! and nuns farts, sounds like something that may ruin my lunch!! Bring yourself instead!!

Pets de soeurs.

pets-de-soeur.jpg

It's like cinnimon rolls but without the cinnimon. We use maple syrup and brown sugar. It's yummy. ^^

B) .........By all means bring those too!! (got any in the shape of an slightly overweight old goat??)

Yes, we must remember to do some goat killing. We must make it as a tradition! :D

B) .......Probably won't be to hard to do as long as he continues to write and deny cliffhangers!

I don't mind to eat pets de soeurs and also please send me the recipe of it, I want to see if I, an American, can make one of the Quebecois food, lol...

B) ...........I'm sure you can make them as well as anyone!

While we're waiting for Jack, here are two recipes that are close:

Pets de soeurs using cinnamon instead of maple

Apple and Maple Pet-de-soeurs

As to the next GetTogether... It's still early to set the next one, but I am following all of the conversation here and though some of it is repetitive (and lol - frequently off-topic), I would like to hear a bit more before starting to put together some concrete ideas for the next GetTogether.

So (and especially if you haven't yet) - chime in if a GetTogether is something that you might be able and/or willing to go to - and what you would like to experience... this includes what area to hold it.