GA GetTogether June 2008 - Dallas

The first day is come to a close and damn it was a great time (ok, at least I had fun - Joe, who was the subject of much.... um... "undue" attention, maybe not so much)...

Dan and I actually got in yesterday but just relaxed last night. Today, we got up early (um - 8:30am is early for us) and headed to my brother's where he got to meet my sister-in-law and two of the three kids - my nephew who just finished his first year at college and my niece who just finished 8th grade. My oldest niece was out working - but we'll see her when we visit again on Sunday.

Emoe called to let us know he landed - and about an hour later, we took off from my brothers and headed to the hotel to meet up with Emoe. Shortly after - Joe calls to say that he, Mason, Shadowgod and Benji are at the hotel so Benji can check in. They do that, then head up to our room where we all chat and visit for a while.

Mason needs to head out, so he, Joe and Shadowgod take off after we set plans to meet up for dinner about 7pm. The rest of us relax a bit more, before heading out to get Myr from the airport. Meeting our fearless leader was awe-inspiring.

His poise...

his stature...

his shorts ;-)

Needed to do some quick business now that Dan and Myr were together so headed to wrap that up, then to the hotel so Myr could check in. And yes - Shadowgod was right - though we warned Myr and he did NOT get the same room as Shadowgod, his ceiling also had blood.

k - basically, it looked like someone smashed a full mosquito up there... But other than that, Emoe, Benji, Myr, Dan and I are all here at our hotel and doing fine (oh - ya, for those that don't know - Shadowgod *was* to be here, and moved to another hotel after checking in and seeing blood on the ceiling of his room).

Called Joe who described an area in nearby Arlington that had a lot of decent restaurants so we headed there, as Joe picked up Shadowgod and Mason and headed there as well. Nifter and Narcidius also joined us so there were 10 of us a the Black Eyed Pea restaurant. Lots of chatting - some *minor* picking on Joe.... aided and abeted by Mason... Myr got a few cell phone pics of Joe when he wasn't looking...

Narcidius had to take off after dinner - but the rest of us headed out to a place where we could play pool (2 peeps) and bowling (6 peeps) while our fearless leader supervised us :-) Dan did the best at bowling - I actually did well for myself, but didn't beat Joe (3 more lousy pins and I would have). So after some more chatting and ogling of some cute boys (esp the redhead who worked at the bowling part of the place), we planned to meet up tomorrow morning at 9:30 at Six Flags park.

I'm back in the room now, fighting off sleep while I finish this :-)

I'll try to give an update at some point tomorrow.

Robert

PS Almost forgot to mention - and it would be a shame as one of the best parts of these things is the things you learn - like how someone likes cheese hotdogs, short buffet lines and short walks to McDonalds...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo HOO! Thanks for the update, Robert!

It sounds like you guys are having an awesome time! I wish I could be there :( But I'm glad you're all having fun at least!

Pst, pst, ask Myr who he pronounces his name :boy:

Take care and have fun :D

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
PS Almost forgot to mention - and it would be a shame as one of the best parts of these things is the things you learn - like how someone likes cheese hotdogs, short buffet lines and short walks to McDonalds...

HA HA HA :pissed: this is why I remain quiet...

Meeting our fearless leader was awe-inspiring.

His poise...

his stature...

his shorts ;-)

WHAT?? No pointy hat with moons and stars on it? No black cape? No magic wand? What was he doing, traveling incognito? :wizard::wizard:

Called Joe who described an area in nearby Arlington that had a lot of decent restaurants so we headed there, as Joe picked up Shadowgod and Mason and headed there as well. Nifter and Narcidius also joined us so there were 10 of us a the Black Eyed Pea restaurant. Lots of chatting - some *minor* picking on Joe.... aided and abeted by Mason... Myr got a few cell phone pics of Joe when he wasn't looking...

Minor picking on Joe? Umhummm... :lol:

BTW, when can we see the pictures? 0:)

Ahh, yes, he's rather well-known for that, isn't he? 0:)

Hrrrrm... The other four admins are are all in Dallas, and thus with limited computer access... I must try really, really hard to resist the temptation to launch a coup and rename this site "Goats 'R Us". 0:)

Thanks for the update. I wish I'd have been able to go, but life gets in the way sometimes. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL time!!

CJ :)

Hrrrrm... The other four admins are are all in Dallas, and thus with limited computer access... I must try really, really hard to resist the temptation to launch a coup and rename this site "Goats 'R Us". 0:)

need any help? :devil:

BTW, when can we see the pictures? 0:)

On my website forum we have a rule that if you can't prove some claim with a photograph it didn't really happen. I recommend CJ, in temporary command of GA, institute such a rule, and then lock Myr and Joe out of the admin panel.

This event is only hearsay until we see pix. ;)

• Site Administrator

While it would be nice if I could go, too, that's impossible for a number of reasons. So, for those who are there...

ENJOY!

Thanks Kevin - but you know, you can still drive up here after your test tomorrow and meet us for dinner :-)

Thanks! I'll give it a shot, but to be honest it's not looking good since I've been up all night as it is <_<

:lmao:

:lol: Glad everyone is having fun :D

Kinda surprised the hotel didn't clean up the blood mess.

ahem cj, talk to myr later :P

what a surprise their picking on joe.

Edited by Drewbie

We are not just picking on Joe. I think Mason almost blushed twice. Narcidius ran away screaming after dinner. The good news is that I hear we are doing something in honor of the goat later tonight and Joe will be taking pictures so we will have proof.

A scary thing is Mason's competence when it comes to knocking back Turkey Dinners.

A scary thing is Mason's competence when it comes to knocking back Turkey Dinners.

:lol: ...that is a skill that everyone should have :P

Have fun at six flags today guys :)

G

Blood in the hotel room?

Oi vei.

Okay I've lived in this city and it's surrounding counties for all of my life. There's just places you don't want to go if you see something labled "oak cliff" turn around and drive away :P Mid cities is almost as scary. So if your on the Tarrant County side of the fence you're lucky Blood was on the ceiling and not on the bed. :rolleyes: Anyway. Hope six flags was better. I'd be out there myself but my transmission blew up so it's my luck :D

We are not just picking on Joe. I think Mason almost blushed twice. Narcidius ran away screaming after dinner. The good news is that I hear we are doing something in honor of the goat later tonight and Joe will be taking pictures so we will have proof.

:huh: should I be nervous? Hrmmm, In my forum my readers are plotting to roast me on a spit, Shadowgod has "the Nanny Maker" as a title and has been using "Goat nuts roasting on an open fire" as a sig line, and now this?? Uhoh...

Ummm, Methinks I should be listed as an endangered species? :ph34r:

BTW, Dan, as for teasing Joe, just remember the old saying; if something is worth doing, it's worth doing well. :devil:

Have a GREAT time at Six Flags and tonight!!!

CJ

:huh: should I be nervous? Hrmmm, In my forum my readers are plotting to roast me on a spit, Shadowgod has "the Nanny Maker" as a title and has been using "Goat nuts roasting on an open fire" as a sig line, and now this?? Uhoh...

Ummm, Methinks I should be listed as an endangered species? :ph34r:

BTW, Dan, as for teasing Joe, just remember the old saying; if something is worth doing, it's worth doing well. :devil:

Have a GREAT time at Six Flags and tonight!!!

CJ

I look forward to finding out what they are planning. I bet it's going to be devious. As for the line in Shadowgod's signature, I do not see it there. Hmmmm... has someone changed it? :o

As for teasing Joe, you of all people know why tangling with him is not a good idea. Do you remember the petting zoo? :lmao:

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a lot of fun. I hope to be a part of it next year. :)

They're probably planning on going cliff diving! poke-poke.gif

Gary, if I remember correctly, east Texas is flat. I have serious doubts about cliffdiving being available there. :lmao:

This is CJ we're talking about. There are always cliffs around when CJ is involved. rofl.gif

So, like today was a great day. We had a lot of fun and sun in Six Flags, then a great dinner at the restaurant, and finally a discussion in the hotel room about stories (not mine). Just need to comment about Joe, Mason, B1ue, Shadowgod and Trebs all in bed together....

So, like today was a great day. We had a lot of fun and sun in Six Flags, then a great dinner at the restaurant, and finally a discussion in the hotel room about stories (not mine). Just need to comment about Joe, Mason, B1ue, Shadowgod and Trebs all in bed together....

Pictures, we need pictures. :devil:

Glad to hear y'all had a great day!!!!

*taps Dan on his shoulder*

We're still waiting on photographic proof of all this stuff. :P

Please be sure to include the bed pix! ;)

ADDED: Great minds think alike you wily old goat. B)

Edited by GaryInMiami
*taps Dan on his shoulder*

We're still waiting on photographic proof of all this stuff. :P

Please be sure to include the bed pix! ;)

*sigh* this waiting is worse than one of his cliffhangers!

Edited by steph291

Ask and ye shall receive

Don't ask what Shadowgod was doing with his hands. (he's the one with the blurry hands moving up and down)

In order from Left to Right: Jsmith, Trebs, Joe's Boy Toy (Mason), B1lue, and Shadowgod (With the blurry hands moving up and down)