GA GetTogether June 2008 - Dallas

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should do it in New York! Mostly because I want to go to New York anyway...on the other hand I didn't even make it when it was only one large city away, so halfway across the country might not bode well for my attendance either :/

New York is a decent possibility for me... I have a friend in New Jersey I've been meaning to visit for ages. Also it'd be great if it were late summer, like July-y. I'll need some time to come up with enough money to go, lol. :D

I really wanted to go this year, damn it. 'Twas just a very inconvenient time, what with being broke and in school.

Any of Northeast is good because I would be in Summer break from Gallaudet University and home in New England. I would have to take the train or bus to the selected area where one fo the GA picked me up...

Any of Northeast is good because I would be in Summer break from Gallaudet University and home in New England. I would have to take the train or bus to the selected area where one fo the GA picked me up...

B) .....If I recall right they were talking (Dan, Robert & Joe) about New York...but in January or February... sounds like a wet cold time to me.

B) .....If I recall right they were talking (Dan, Robert & Joe) about New York...but in January or February... sounds like a wet cold time to me.

Wet and Cold aren't necessarily bad things. It gives people a chance to warm up......

And it's the PERFECT time of the year for me B)

Of course, I'd be nervous around that many people with knives LOL

Edited by Tim the Traveller
Wet and Cold aren't necessarily bad things. It gives people a chance to warm up......

And it's the PERFECT time of the year for me B)

Of course, I'd be nervous around that many people with knives LOL

B) ........Yeah, no crops to plant!! LOL, seriously a poll or decision should be made soon, so that whatever destination is decided, we could have enough time to plan.

It would not be a good idea to do it during winter because it will be cold, I prefer New York in summer because it's warm and humid, hoping to find a hotel with a inside pool, heh...

Warm and humid beats the heck out of cold and wet. I'd also like to find someplace with a pool, preferably indoors, so I can do my exercising.

NYC in summer would be acceptable and I'd attend. Then I'd continue north to Maine to visit my best friend.

It might be a bit more fair to everyone if the convention were held in a more central location.

I think if it is New York City, it should not be in the winter. Winter sucks. Yeah, NYC might be neat during Christmas time, but beyond that, it would just be nasty with snow piled up on the sidewalks. That is not at all appealing to me. Now, Florida would be fine during the winter. The same could be said about Hawaii.

Orlando would be great in the winter. Same thing with Atlanta. Both suck in the summer. Shouldn't we really aim for the summer months so that potentially more college students might be able to attend?

Warm and humid beats the heck out of cold and wet. I'd also like to find someplace with a pool, preferably indoors, so I can do my exercising.

NYC in summer would be acceptable and I'd attend. Then I'd continue north to Maine to visit my best friend.

It might be a bit more fair to everyone if the convention were held in a more central location.

B) ............Hoping to see someone in speedos Gary?

Orlando would be great in the winter. Same thing with Atlanta. Both suck in the summer. Shouldn't we really aim for the summer months so that potentially more college students might be able to attend?

Yes, I think we should. Also, I think people are more likely to travel to northern destinations during summer. :)

B) ............Hoping to see someone in speedos Gary?

I'd be lying if I said no.

But honestly, all I want is an exercise partner to motivate me like I have here. I suck at exercise unless I have someone to compete against. Then it becomes fun and fun doesn't seem like exercise.

I agree, summer is best because more people (old and young) will come to the Convention than Winter do...

Benji is older than I am. So I guess I'm the young one you mentioned. ;)

Edited by GaryInMiami
I'd be lying if I said no.

But honestly, all I want is an exercise partner to motivate me like I have here. I suck at exercise unless I have someone to compete against. Then it becomes fun and fun doesn't seem like exercise.

B)...........A Coincidance?? Look at show yourself thread!!

Benji is older than I am. So I guess I'm the young one you mentioned. ;)

B) ......But extremely young at heart! Thanks Gary!! <_<

B) .......Two members are talking about swimming........(geeze, and he calls me old) :P

I still don't get it Ben. We're talking about swimming for exercise. Trust me when I tell you I have nothing more in mind when it comes to an 18 year guy. That would be getting into lecherous old man territory and I don't go there. I'm about to adopt an 18 year old as my son. Sheesh. :angry:

Edited by GaryInMiami
Gary, excuse me? I'm 17, soon to be 18 in a week... I'm a young man, not kid...

You said it! I mean, what is it with old guys and them thinking that we're just KIDS!! <_<

:lol:

Gary, excuse me? I'm 17, soon to be 18 in a week... I'm a young man, not kid...

Trust me when I tell you I have nothing more in mind when it comes to an 18 year guy.

I never called you a kid. I called you a guy. You are a guy aren't you? And by the time the next convention rolls around you will be 18.

Sheesh. What is it with you kids today? I try to show you respect and I get picked on! :P

BK, isn't it past your bedtime? Grab your teddy bear and goto sleep! :sleep:

:P to all of you!!!

;)