Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 45

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great chapter :D naw your safe cj. for now at least :P

Yay Chase is safe :D Dimitri is getting his just deserves. Brandon might just get some broken bones..

Crossing my fingers brandon won't die.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::(:(:(:(:( I guess after your no longer able to hang on the cliff you gotta hang on the clouds..... I just don't think any are that low down in that area.

:ph34r: I don't wanna wait.

• Site Administrator

Wow, how many cliffs can be in one chapter?

Great chapter Cj, and thanks first of all.

So will Brandon survive the fall with Dimitri being the cushion that he lands on? And what about Steve, he fell over a cliff too :angry: .

Not only do we find out that Dimitri is a little crazy, but it appears that he gets woodies from the excitement of killing. What kind of psycho is he?

I'm really glad that some of us guessed way back when Vladimir was still around that J/S would be selfish enough to change the codes in Dimitri's detonator, much the same way that Dimitri changed Vlads. Let's hope the call doesn't go through to LA.

If ever there was a time for Jan to make a guest appearance and swoop in and save Brandon, now would be it.

Lastly, I'm still worried about no reference to J/S's activities in Paraguay (or where ever he is). This is the second chapter in a row.

I recall at one point Scar telling Dimitri not to blow-up NY. Not sure what significance there was to that.

Steve, you're getting your stories confused. Besides, Jan is already dead in Tim's story. :P

As usual I hate you and I love you CJ.

So will Brandon survive the fall with Dimitri being the cushion that he lands on? And what about Steve, he fell over a cliff too :angry: .

If Steve doesn't survive, perhaps Joe Clump will replace him with the Shadows and they will continue to tour with Instinct. Let's hope that both Steve and Brandon do survive. What will save them?

CJ, you know that I don't comment often your chapters. I have no questions about what happened or will happen, neither to admire all your cliffhangers because its always an evidence that you are the king of them :lol: .

But this time, I want to say you never wrote a best chapter :worship: ; a model of action, a thriller for itself, the fighters exchanging their acts like first class tennis players in a "Grand Chlem"! Each phrase coming just when needed, each character kept going as he should, with the reader out of breath. overwhelmed :lmao: .

Good work done. I suppose the pressure will even climb more till the end. I can't waite of the next chapter :great:

Wow, how many cliffs can be in one chapter?

Great chapter Cj, and thanks first of all.

B) ........Ah, for once there is no cliffhanger....there was nothing to hang on to!! I'm puzzled!! I had no idea Dimitri was a superb pitcher, I mean throwing a grenade from fifty feet inside a mine shaft to the mines entrance is quite a feat!! Brandon will survive, he was closer to the edge from the impact of Dimitri's body, he will most likely land on some goat on a ledge...sending the poor misunderstood creature over and most likely landing on a startled Russian. The very best chapter of all, Great job CJ...BTW

Author's Note: Please forgive the slightly tense chapter ending, but the story is coming to an end (2 more chapters and an epilogue that will be posted with the final chapter). The remaining text is already in editing so it should be posted on schedule. Also, the chapter would have had a tense ending no matter where I cut it at this point.

.....A LITTLE TENSE???????

Edited by Benji
  • Site Moderator

If ever there was a time for Jan to make a guest appearance and swoop in and save Brandon, now would be it.

When I first read the part about Steve going over the edge, I thought there's our sacrifice, since CJ likes to misdirect us sometimes.

Trust me, if I could, I would be there. Actually, I would try for the phone in his hand first before Brandon makes the jump. That distraction might have given Brandon the time he needed to get Eric's shotgun.

I recall at one point Scar telling Dimitri not to blow-up NY. Not sure what significance there was to that.

Steve, you're getting your stories confused. Besides, Jan is already dead in Tim's story. :P

Gary, that would be one of my many reincarnations. That one takes place many, many years in the future.

This is a very exciting chapter. Lots of action.

Maybe when they hit the ground, Dmitri will be under Brandon, thus lessen the impact for Brandon.

Brandon might come out of this badly hurt, but I agree with everyone else that he would land on Dimitri. Being the larger and heavier person, Dimitri would land first if Brandon holds on to him.

I had no idea Dimitri was a superb pitcher, I mean throwing a grenade from fifty feet inside a mine shaft to the mines entrance is quite a feat!!

A exceptionally strong sidearm I would say.

• Site Administrator
Brandon might come out of this badly hurt, but I agree with everyone else that he would land on Dimitri. Being the larger and heavier person, Dimitri would land first if Brandon holds on to him.

Is that because heavier objects fall faster? :wacko: I'm surprised that an engineering student would make such a statement. :P

I think there's a bigger risk that Dimitri manages to roll Brandon to the underneath while they are falling together. Dimitri's shown he has quick reflexes.

Is that because heavier objects fall faster? :wacko: I'm surprised that an engineering student would make such a statement. :P

I think there's a bigger risk that Dimitri manages to roll Brandon to the underneath while they are falling together. Dimitri's shown he has quick reflexes.

B) ..............Remember Dimitri is afraid of heights, so my guess is that he is frozen up and seeing that he was hit from behind, he is falling ahead of Brandon with his back to him. Therefore if Brandon grabs & holds Dimitri from behind there is little the Russian can do!

Amazing, I can not wait to see how you will get one of our favorite protagonists from death?

By the way,

That little piece of Cell phone manipulation was unexpected, so does that mean Scar never really trusted Dimitri and he actually thought ahead for failure.

If that is so does it mean Scar might find some way to escape Paraguay and be a silent villain in the shadows. If he really is as smart as he appears in the story.

I can not wait for chapter 46.

PS. Kill Dimitri Painfully! :D:2thumbs:

Amazing, I can not wait to see how you will get one of our favorite protagonists from death?

By the way,

That little piece of Cell phone manipulation was unexpected, so does that mean Scar never really trusted Dimitri and he actually thought ahead for failure.

If that is so does it mean Scar might find some way to escape Paraguay and be a silent villain in the shadows. If he really is as smart as he appears in the story.

I can not wait for chapter 46.

PS. Kill Dimitri Painfully! :D:2thumbs:

B) ..........I believe that Scar will survive (can you say sequel)...I'm guessing that the Scar didn't want NYC (could it be he had a favorite restaurant there?) blown up, only as a last resort, only he would be the one to do it. It seems he took great care in planting that one even going as far as to cement over it. Remember the life shelf of ten years for the nukes batteries! What if he sold or will sell the phone number if he finds himself in trouble?

Dimitri wanted to blow up both places, and Scar did not want that, That would really make the U.S Pissed off, I don't think they would help him take over Paraguay now.

I agree with W.L let him have a painful death :D

Sill hopeless thinking maybe Steve will survive even if he's badly hurt.

Edited by Drewbie
Yes Please let Steve survive, then what would Wilde do?

Marry his co-widower Chase?

Is that because heavier objects fall faster? :wacko: I'm surprised that an engineering student would make such a statement.

LOL, I was going to call you on this one too, Robbie :lol:

I don't think Steve survived. I give Brandon even odds either way.

Can't wait to see what's next!

-Kevin

• Site Administrator

As I think back about the whole programming of the phones, it started with Vlad reprogramming the phones so he would hold the key as collateral over Dimitri and J/S. Then Dimitri reprogrammed the phones without Vlad knowing. Next we find out that J/S then reprogrammed Dimitri's phone so he couldn't blow up New York.

It seems like out of the three of them, none of them trusted the other. Who's to say that Dimitri didn't along the way reprogramme J/S's phone to not work on New York or LA too?

It just seems like surprise after suprise.

Now onto a technical aspect of Brandon and Dimitri falling. Depending on how far they are falling, there is little to no hope for any kind of survival, even if one lands on the other. Unfortunately knowing of a jumper who jumped from the 42nd floor of a building, he landed on his back and the pressure of the impact basically disemboweled him all over the concrete. That much mass hitting a solid object cannot stay intact, or sink in, so it basically spreads out.

I guess the only possible hope is if Dimitri and Brandon do hit the ground at the same time, that Dimitri has thick enough skin for a fraction or two to soften the force of Brandon's impact.

I'm sure somehow CJ has done his research on this, and has found a plausible out, but I have my doubts.

Question is, if Brandon is out of the scene, does the band continue with a sober, grown up and mature Joe?

I don't like the idea of Steve being dead either, as I personally have a feeling Wilde won't survive long without Steve. There is too much of a past between the two, and now that they have found each others I don't know if Zeke can even help.

Steve B)

Well, at least CJ apologized for the "slight tension" at the end of the chapter. :lmao:

Most considerate, CJ.

Do your magic, goat-buddy, and give me a happy ending. Chase and Brandon can get married in California now. Dodger Stadium sounds good. :2thumbs:

I believe Brandon was wearing a parachute, wasn't he? :blink:

Conner

Well, at least CJ apologized for the "slight tension" at the end of the chapter. :lmao:

Most considerate, CJ.

Do your magic, goat-buddy, and give me a happy ending. Chase and Brandon can get married in California now. Dodger Stadium sounds good. :2thumbs:

I believe Brandon was wearing a parachute, wasn't he? :blink:

Conner

That sounds like a plan, but do not forget how much CJ loves irony.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..