Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 2

AWSOME!!!!! Great chapter and wonderful new turn of events. Sad about the dad I sure hope the mom takes things in hand and gets in touch with the guys.

I can't wait to see what happens with the dancer audition.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::wub::wub::wub::wub:B)B)B):ph34r: (dashes off to hide)

Another great chapter, CJ. General Bradson gets an offer he can refuse. And, it appears he will be at the center of the action in this story. The marriage proposal was cute but I don't think I would like Eric being involved in planning wedding events for me.

Looking forward to chapter 3 already. Psst...hey, guys...no cliffhanger in chapter 2.

Oh the plot thickens, You got something up your sleeves don't you CJ! :worship::D

This was a superb chapter with action and suspense from a dramatic nature. It is so fun!

Here is some of my plot speculations on General Brandon's story Arc:

Messing around Iran is never a good idea, it also is a place where they stone gay people to death still, just to put a reference.

Now the idea of a rescue by the general can go either one of three ways. Either he will spend the rest of the story trying to save his son, Brian, Brian is dead and we see different darker side of the general (Will not happen hopefully), or Brian will be saved in a couple chapters.

The latter option as I am trying to think like an evil author would mean something is wrong. It should not be that easy and making it too easy brings into question whether he was really saved.

It is a Manchurian candidate situation, where a soldier has been brainwashed after he was captured as a pawn in some one's game of global politics. Brian might end up a unwitting terrorist or something and has to be killed, but the option would be a bit too evil even for CJ. Although, it is not beyond he realm of possibility after numerous rounds of torture and suggestions a soldier can be programmed; it is kind of scary to think about.

Concerning Eric's interest:

i got to say these two guys do not know what they are getting into with Eric.

Still Want to see Cody, but the audition is a good step in the right direction.

Last comment: I get the feeling you like smooth muscled chests, CJ, care to comment?

Edited by W.L.

Wow, their father is certainly a vile man. How anyone could say that all his sons are dead to him is well beyond my understanding. The mother seems to be more flexible. If give the chance, she may reach out to them. I'm also not completely convinced about JT being innocent and wonder if he had some involvement in The Scar's illicit activities.

Something tells me that we're going to see

the members of Instinct save the General's son in a hair-raising adventure-filled scheme complete with more (literal) cliff-hangers and lots of near-misses, after which the band will rush triumphantly off to Isla de la Palma for Brandon and Chase's wedding. Oh, and Eric and Brian will become a couple.

Who, me make predictions? No way! :P

Good chapter.

Seems maybe instinct might help to get Brian back, Gen Bradson you can tell is proud of him and loves him very much, Eric's, Jon's, Chase not so much, I feel bad for his wife, think she really wants to see him again, think most of them being kickout was all on the dad. Although she never stopped him.

And....thinks the same with Eric and Brian :D

I really enjoyed this chapter!

I was quite surprised to learn of the developments with the general's son. LOL, I'm going to go ahead and make the same prediction about Eric and Brian :boy:

One piece of the puzzle no one seems to have mentioned yet is Keith and Jensen. How do you guys think they'll figure into this? It looks to me like they will have a fairly significant role. Also, was the mention that Keith always handle's Jensen's business a casual remark or something more major?

I'm a bit surprised that the general is considering Helen's business offer. I can't really imagine a general working for anyone. I suppose if the price is right though. B)

Anyway, awesome and exciting chapter! I'm looking forward to the next one :D

-Kevin

Great chapter again CJ!

I LOVED the proposal! It just seemed to fit perfectly! :D

One piece of the puzzle no one seems to have mentioned yet is Keith and Jensen. How do you guys think they'll figure into this? It looks to me like they will have a fairly significant role. Also, was the mention that Keith always handle's Jensen's business a casual remark or something more major?

I was most curious about those two as well, though I think it's too early to guess their roles.

• Site Administrator

Most excellent chapter CJ :2thumbs:

What I really liked about this chapter was that there was quite a bit going on. We found out why the General went to Idaho (BTW CJ, where in rural Idaho do the parents live, Telluride??? :lol: ). We found out who the candidates are to be the main show at the stag. We found out about Helen's plan for a replacement for Jim, who I hope is still included in the story and not forgotten. We learned about the General's son.

I really enjoyed the way that Brandon and Chase had been playing with Eric about the proposal too :lol: . "Pass me the mustard, let's get married, and pass me the bologna too" That is classic :great: .

One thing popped into my mind while reading that no one else has commented on and it was this:

With that in mind, he checked the recording schedule and found a possible hole; for two days it looked like his bass could be mixed in from pre-recorded tracks. Eric didn
I am just loving this new story as well... BUT can anyone tell me are there any mines or cliffis in Idaho? Peter :ph34r:

If there is a precipice, the goat will make sure someone is hanging over the edge at the end of the chapter. :P

• Site Moderator

I take the introduction of Keith and Jansen to be much like when we were introduced to The Shadow's. They were around for a while in the beginning, then they just drifted in and out of the background as needed. They will probably have some talent that we don't know about just yet that will come in handy

Is anyone else as scared as I am???

When I read that statement, I thought, Oh Shit! What are you up to Eric?

And you know, it's not too late to start making plans for the goat roast. We should make the plans while we can still think straight.

Jan

This is turning into one heck of a good story so far.

I'm really eager to see what happens with Jon, Eric and Chase's parents and maybe if they come to terms and hopefully make up.

I also can't wait to see what goes on with the general's son... maybe an Eric comes to the rescue :D

Great job so far CJ!

And you know, it's not too late to start making plans for the goat roast. We should make the plans while we can still think straight.

No, don't roast the goat (at least not yet.) I'm liking this story. No cliffs, rock stars, strippers what else could we want?

• Site Administrator
No, don't roast the goat (at least not yet.) I'm liking this story. No cliffs, rock stars, strippers what else could we want?

Oh, don't worry, I don't think anyone is ready to start roasting quite yet :D .

Its just a good idea to stoke the coals since they never really went fully out since the last time they were needed (wonders if we should change to natural gas or propane so we can have instant fire :devil: )

Besides, having a nice warm pit near by seems to keep CJ honest :lol: .

• Site Moderator
Oh, don't worry, I don't think anyone is ready to start roasting quite yet :D .

Its just a good idea to stoke the coals since they never really went fully out since the last time they were needed (wonders if we should change to natural gas or propane so we can have instant fire :devil: )

Besides, having a nice warm pit near by seems to keep CJ honest :lol: .

With the price of fuel today, I think we should lay in a supply of Coal. Use it to keep the pit hot, then switch to wood for the actual roasting.

With the price of fuel today, I think we should lay in a supply of Coal. Use it to keep the pit hot, then switch to wood for the actual roasting.

That sounds like a plan. I've never eaten goat, but I do want to try it. hungry.gif

I think goat kebabs are better over a roaring fire, but I don't want CJ to be a sacrificial goat, nahhhhhhh! So far, we have only gotten a little lamb from the story, the goat must be coming soon or it could be a T-Rex (Jurassic park moment) size plot in development.

Let's not forget that

Chapter One brought up about that monumental (and quite real) cliff hanging over the ocean on the island they're supposed to get married on.

Now tie that to

W.L.'s speculation about the General's son being brainwashed into becoming a terrorist.

Then throw in

their opening group's penchant for scaling cliffs.

I think goat kebabs are better over a roaring fire, but I don't want CJ to be a sacrificial goat, nahhhhhhh! So far, we have only gotten a little lamb from the story, the goat must be coming soon or it could be a T-Rex (Jurassic park moment) size plot in development.

Things are bound to get heavy. For now we should let the goat play. He's been spotted. Click here for details. :)

Oh well, I was planning to barbeque this weekend anyway. The only thing is I was thinking more along the lines of chicken. .. I'll save the feathers in case we need them later. I'm assuming we still have tar somewhere here. :devil:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..