[Duncan Ryder] How the Light Gets In Chapter 5

Another great chapter, Duncan. Now we know that Scott keeps his wits during sex.

He managed to call out the right name.

Matt still has problems and his resolve is really being tested. Can he and Luc possibly help each other?

And how long until the next chapter? Thanks for a wonderful story.

So I can stop feeling guilty, right????

Never! I will guilt-trip you for each and every chapter, and when the story's done, I will guilt-trip you until you write something else. And something after that. There is no escape! That's a threat, or a promise, whichever you prefer. (Doesn't it suck, having fans? :P )

Now, about the chapter: Whew! Another emotional ride, though not quite as bad as the last one. Like Mike, I'm glad that

Scott managed to call out the right name

. Yes, I admit, I'd thought otherwise, but I was wrong.

As for everything else, it kind of feels like the calm before the perfect storm. If this were a Hitchcock movie, there would be scary music playing right now. You just know that disaster is looming. But so far, nothing has exploded yet. It's just that all the pieces are in place, and all it will take is one catalyst for everything to explode. Let's just hope that

Josh and Scott get to have their fun weekend, first

Oh, and that phone conversation was hot, by the way. I'm not sure how you manage to make a phone conversation sizzle in ways that most writers can't manage for a bedroom scene, but you do.

I can't believe how much empathy I have for all the main characters. I understand them. It's like I've known them for some time. :wub:

How do you do that, Duncan? :wacko:

Scott's "state" when he took Josh's call was just fantastic. He's so sweet. :wub:

Luc has me more than curious as to why he has to go back to Nova Scotia - even if Scott wasn't there. That baffles me.

So if Matt and Luc hit it off early, the rest of the story will be just a joy. :D

Yeah, right!

Thanks, Duncan

Conner

Chapter 5 is awesome.

Maybe I might be the only reader who is more interested in Matt and Josh - situation .

I can't wait to see Matt meet Josh again. :unsure:

Thanks for this update.

Next update soon ,please.

I can't believe how much empathy I have for all the main characters. I understand them. It's like I've known them for some time. :wub:

Scott's "state" when he took Josh's call was just fantastic. He's so sweet. :wub:

Luc has me more than curious as to why he has to go back to Nova Scotia - even if Scott wasn't there. That baffles me.

So if Matt and Luc hit it off early, the rest of the story will be just a joy. :D

Yeah, right!

Thanks, Duncan

Conner

:( ...........My empathy lies with Luc, I hope Matt is going to be good for him....right now Luc seems unstable and will definately need support.

Oh, and that phone conversation was hot, by the way. I'm not sure how you manage to make a phone conversation sizzle in ways that most writers can't manage for a bedroom scene, but you do.

In that particular scene....surprise. You just don't expect Josh to say that.

Chapter 5 is awesome.

Maybe I might be the only reader who is more interested in Matt and Josh - situation .

I can't wait to see Matt meet Josh again. :unsure:

Thanks for this update.

Next update soon ,please.

Ah, the pressure......

Yeah, right!

Thanks, Duncan

Conner

Well....I don't think Luc is really sure either... but he needs to be away from Montreal and Nova Scotia is the only other place he really knows where to be.

Poor Luc and Matt... It seems that they really need the strength to move on, but they are definitely not yet ready to do so. I know some say that they might end up together, but that would be a very bad thing right now, because they are still not over Josh and Scott respectively. They may be able to help each other as friends, but for now they should not be anything more.

It does seem like Josh and Scott are synced well with each other, and it's nice to see their relationship growing. The one major hurdle is probably trust, specifically Josh being able to trust Scott.