Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

IT'S THAT TIME

Well I have an opinion on who should win, and here is the reason why:

For the past three years, we the readers of CJames' work have pleaded with him, begged him, even threatened him to get help. We suggested support groups, we suggested professional help, we even suggested addiction counseling. The one message that came through loud and clear, was that he needed to make the first step to recovery by admitting his weakness.

Then on April 29, 2008 CJ made a momentous post by finally admitting that he wrote a cliffhanger.

Now I believe in the concept of positive reinforcement. Be it with children, adults, dogs, or even goats. In order for something to become a habit, you must reinforce the positive things they do with positive actions. We must as a group elect CJ as the King of Evil Cliffhangers for 2008 as the positive reinforcement for his huge admission in 2008. I don't believe that with the exception of Dan, anyone else has made this admission, therefore we must reward CJ, as he took so long to admit to it.

I actually shudder when I think of the consequences of not reinforcing his admission.

So if you care about CJ, even so much as to say you love CJ, then do the right thing and cast a vote for him. I'm sure we will all reap the rewards for years to come.

Long live the King :king:

Wildone!!! You link the post, but you ignore what it says!!

Yes, I did actually admit that, due to influences beyond my control, there was a cliffhanger in one of my chapters.

Okay, now I've stirred up enough ominous points, I have a confession to make. Please sit down before reading further, becuase this will be a shocker....

LTMP 37, "Fire in the Sky", is a cliffhanger. And I wrote it.

Shocked? You should be. I, who never use cliffhangers, have just admitted using one. I do this in spite of the fact I have created a perfect out: Shadowgod wrote the chapter ending. This is, in fact, true: He wrote the elipsis at the end of the chapter. I can prove this, becuase I took a screen cap when I copied it from one of his chapters and pasted it into the end of LTMP 37. But, I have decided that instead, I must confess to using a cliffhanger, and also explain why. The culprit is Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne. Back in January, I was voted in, so unjustly, as King of Evil Cliffhangers. As such, I became the unwilling occupant of Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne.

In brief, it's making me dizzy. Is teeters on the crumbling edge of the malevolent precipices, and I, unlike Shadowgod, am afraid of heights. So, I have dizzy spells, and vertigo. This, combined with it's malevolent, evil influence, compelled me to, yes, I admit it, write a cliffhanger.

The answer, I think, is clear. Shadowgod must be returned to his honored place, and re-occupy his cliffhanging throne.

If this was to occur, I'd be so relieved, so overjoyed, at being freed from the dizzying heights his throne occupies that I would post LTMP 38 early (well before the weekend), and resolve the cliffhanger, once and for all.

I hope Shadowgod, out of the goodness of his heart, will reclaim his throne. If not, perhaps y'all could, you know, persuade him a little? An outcry for him to do so might just do the trick. If not, I'm sure we can devise other means of, ahem, persuasion.

So, ya see, the real culprit here is that I, agaionst my will, was thrust into Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne, and it is giving me vertigo! It teeters on the very edge of the malevolent precipices, and it pushes me to create cliffhangers! It's totally unatural for me, as I, as we all know, would never willingly use a cliffhanger.

Isn't it time that Shadowgod was restored to his rightful place? Or perhaps the royal sceptre should be passed to Graeme or some other worthy recipient. But not me... I'm scared of heights!

So, there ya have it... my public admission that, yes, under the influence of the dark one's throne, I did succumb to its siren song and write.. a cliffhanger. Please, please, free me from the influence of that throne, so that I may return to my normal, natural, non-cliffhanger writing... Please???

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm you make a valid point and incase anyone is wondering this is what CJ said:

"LTMP 37, "Fire in the Sky", is a cliffhanger. And I wrote it." - April 29, 2008 03:57 PM

Since he has clearly admitted to using them while others have denied to using cliffs, I say that CJ is the rightful king!

:king: :worship: Long live the king :worship: :king:

• Site Moderator
In August CJ announced that Jake should have been up then, and it will not be up until October. Now here we are in January, and where is Jake? :P

Steve B)

The thing here is, CJ didn't say which October as he didn't specify a year. For all we know, he couldn't have meant October 2009.

• Site Administrator
The thing here is, CJ didn't say which October as he didn't specify a year. For all we know, he couldn't have meant October 2009.

Jan, I think what your saying is that it might come out in Oct 09, 10, 11, etc?

Unfortunately that doesn't help CJ since the discussion is if a long delay between chapters constitutes a cliffhanger in 2008.

This means that he could be also elected for 2009, 2010 and 2011 :D . Remember CJ posted the original story in the winter of 2007.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..