Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

CHRIS jAMES'S STORIES

I am re reading all of the stories for the 2nd time. I only do that when I find the stories enlightning.

I wish we had more authors like this.

Edited by miketx8

Well, high time to break the shocking news. CJ actually stands for Cirrus Javeed. (King who lives forever in Persian...)

But Christopher James is an apt substitute. Charles would have been improper for a forever-living king.

I am re reading all of the stories for the 2nd time. I only do that when I find the stories enlightning.

I wish we had more authors like this.

Miketx, thank you. You made my day. :)

Chris? I thought it was Cliff.

Okay... I'll share some info. I won't reveal my legal name online, but... CJ is what I'm called, online and off. It's not on my birth certificate though. It's a nickname, or rather, the initials of one. I've had it since my early teens, and it stuck. I also like it.

I used to surf, and it was a surfing nickname, based on something I was noted for doing. A way of getting into the water, (I even used that method for a character in once of my stories, but I won't say which one:P) and though I only did it a few times, down in Baja, mainly during storms and heavy seas (when paddling out through the breakers would have been impossible), some of the guys I was on safari with ragged me for it, said I was nuts (well, I've never denied that) and gave me a nickname. The two words of that nickname got shortened to their first letters, C J.

Okay... I'll share some info. I won't reveal my legal name online, but... CJ is what I'm called, online and off. It's not on my birth certificate though. It's a nickname, or rather, the initials of one. I've had it since my early teens, and it stuck. I also like it.

I used to surf, and it was a surfing nickname, based on something I was noted for doing. A way of getting into the water, (I even used that method for a character in once of my stories, but I won't say which one:P) and though I only did it a few times, down in Baja, mainly during storms and heavy seas (when paddling out through the breakers would have been impossible), some of the guys I was on safari with ragged me for it, said I was nuts (well, I've never denied that) and gave me a nickname. The two words of that nickname got shortened to their first letters, C J.

B) .............Hahaha! As usual leaving us with useless snippets! Humm, I surfed for a while, neve made it a sport.

• Site Administrator

The only thing that springs to mind would be CJ's anthology short story Category 5 in which a surfer jumped off a cliff to get into the water :P

So, CJ is short for Cliff Jumper, and MikeL wins a prize for correctly working out that the C in C James stands for Cliff :2thumbs:

The only thing that springs to mind would be CJ's anthology short story Category 5 in which a surfer jumped off a cliff to get into the water :P

So, CJ is short for Cliff Jumper, and MikeL wins a prize for correctly working out that the C in C James stands for Cliff :2thumbs:

Well, the scene Graeme is referring to is this one;

Straddling the railing above the precipice, looking down into the jaws of hell, the wind and spray nearly tearing me from my perch, I counted the seconds between the swells crashing into the cliff. After the next swell hit, I looked out to see the following one surging in. Waiting until it slammed into the cliff, I snapped my leg over the railing, pulling my board under me as I leapt into the void.

Hitting the peak of the rebounding wave atop my board, my impact softened by the frothing water, I pulled hard, scooting down the slope of the reflected swell as it returned to the sea, taking me away from the cliff. I paddled hard, desperate to pull clear before the next wave swept me to my death against the jagged rocks of the cliff.

Okay, errr, yep, that's the relevant bit from a story... but can I say "no comment" on the rest? :*)

Well, the scene Graeme is referring to is this one;

Okay, errr, yep, that's the relevant bit from a story... but can I say "no comment" on the rest? :*)

Prize? I get a prize? Hopefully not a week's stay on a goat farm. :lol:

• Site Administrator

Based on that little bit of information, I'm guessing that the first part of the nickname would be 'Crazy'. Now for the second part, all I can come up with is Jackass :D:lol::P .

Except, would you call a goat a Jackass? :blink:

But then again, I forgot about how you did your training as a kidd

Edited by wildone
Based on that little bit of information, I'm guessing that the first part of the nickname would be 'Crazy'. Now for the second part, all I can come up with is Jackass :D:lol::P .

I get called "Jackass", and worse, all the time. :sheep:

B) ..........Is that Talonrider on the fence post???

• Site Administrator
I'll never tell.

And since I am older than CJ.

I never thought of TalonRider as being one to sit on a fencepost :D

I never thought of TalonRider as being one to sit on a fencepost :D

B) ............Old bird on a post checking out young goat, hummm not out of the realm to me ! after all a young goat is tasty. :lol:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..