Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Matt is Robbie's son. Robbie is Brad's husband. (Legally, no, but whatever.) Brad is JP's son. Stefan is JP's husband. Therefore, though not in terms of blood, Matt pretty much is their grandson. It's a stretched definition, but yeah. Now that they know, it's not really appropriate it. I think JP is already marking off Matt as his grandson in his mind.

What's been emphasized throughout CAP is how bond trumps blood in terms of family- JP's father was his father, despite the bio father being Bill Hendrickson. Ace, Brad, and Billy were his sons, despite Claire being the only one he actually fathered. Robbie and Brad loved Darius and JJ as their own sons, despite Bitty and the two divergent fathers being the actual birth parents. This story seems to be exploring, in a more overt way, something that Mark's been exploring all along- family ties, and bond vs. blood. Hence why Bloodlines is a seriously appropriate name for this story.

Edited by methodwriter85

Jeremy,

Good Lord, you've almost turned this into an English lit class! Seriously, you make some interesting points. The irony is that you're right, I guess that's a lot of what this series illustrates. That it does is either a complete accident or subliminally influenced, as that isn't the original plan. But, all's well that ends well.

Jeremy,

Good Lord, you've almost turned this into an English lit class! Seriously, you make some interesting points. The irony is that you're right, I guess that's a lot of what this series illustrates. That it does is either a complete accident or subliminally influenced, as that isn't the original plan. But, all's well that ends well.

Well, I did get a 4 for the 2005 AP Composition and Literature test. So I'm actually pretty good at that.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ch9: was there now some nice incest ??

:)

the incest taboo imo is overrated. basically, the biology takes care of that to the extent it needs: the Westermarck effect. Meaning, one (if not seriously mentally disturbed) does not want sex with one whom has been growing together at a critical age on say 0.7 years. That's it. The phenomenon is called 'imprinting'.

Because that means that MOST cases of too close relatives are not sexual partners: usually, siblings, pergaps some first cousins, and often siblings of one's parents and children of one's siblings. The 'most' is sufficient, because in long term, an occasional breeding in incestuous pairing, does not add very much to genetical risks - as opposed to repeated over generations.

Genetically, sex (and progeny) with such relatives who are not blood relations, does not mean any danger on account of kinship. So, no sense to obstacle it.

And that all, basically, is what should be the limits: if one does stomach sex with a related person, then it should not be taboo - provided the other one does want it, too.

------

everything negative what is talked in this thread, actually goes more to the perception of inter-generational sex, than to real incest...

because, Matt is not blood-related to discussed persons, nor has he grown with them at the age of 0-7...

Edited by Enric

ch9: was there now some nice incest ??

:)

the incest taboo imo is overrated. basically, the biology takes care of that to the extent it needs: the Westermarck effect. Meaning, one (if not seriously mentally disturbed) does not want sex with one whom has been growing together at a critical age on say 0.7 years. That's it. The phenomenon is called 'imprinting'.

Because that means that MOST cases of too close relatives are not sexual partners: usually, siblings, pergaps some first cousins, and often siblings of one's parents and children of one's siblings. The 'most' is sufficient, because in long term, an occasional breeding in incestuous pairing, does not add very much to genetical risks - as opposed to repeated over generations.

Genetically, sex (and progeny) with such relatives who are not blood relations, does not mean any danger on account of kinship. So, no sense to obstacle it.

And that all, basically, is what should be the limits: if one does stomach sex with a related person, then it should not be taboo - provided the other one does want it, too.

------

everything negative what is talked in this thread, actually goes more to the perception of inter-generational sex, than to real incest...

because, Matt is not blood-related to discussed persons, nor has he grown with them at the age of 0-7...

You ignore the cultural pressures. In Shaker Heights or Palo Alto, at the minimum, such a relationship would be extremely frowned upon. Simply not done.

You ignore the cultural pressures. In Shaker Heights or Palo Alto, at the minimum, such a relationship would be extremely frowned upon. Simply not done.

well, some americanoes tend to overrate things....

must come from narrow-minded things they grow to/ with.

iirc, there in usa actually seems to be in effect in most parts of that place a prohibition against first cousins to marry - which as a thing is seriously stupid. [because nobody can prevent them from procreating...]

there also seems to exist some sort of prohibition (structural prohibition...) in most parts there, for intelligent people to get elected to legislatorship...

and I believe I heard that there in most parts is in effect a criminalization of sex life for those under 16.... (= statutory rape, I hear)

So, how more deeply benighted can a country get ?

by the way, as an opposite effect to incest taboo, it seems that persons with resemblance, and also hereditary traits, attract each other sexually...

so, if there were NO westermarck effect, then most of pairings would be between close relatives...

And trust the benighted ones to be those who want to battle against that natural thing...

Edited by Enric

ch10:

do I detect Matt in need of boyfriend material, instead of f**king around...

yeah, but he wouldn't admit that to himself... He has to figure it out firstly.

Huh! Now I dominate Mark's discussion forum! :devil: My posts are at the end of all hot topics! :D

• Like 1

ch10:

do I detect Matt in need of boyfriend material, instead of f**king around...

Matt hasn't figured this out for himself. He wants both and can't decide. Both have their appeal. Especially now, having been exposed to loving relationships and the rewards that go with that. He gets to experience the monogamous love that Brad and Robbie have and the more open love that JP and Stefan have.

Then of course, he gets to experience Cody. :lol: And now Al. Talk about a boy in a candy shop. On top of all that, it's all very safe and comfortable, everyone's "family".

That was one horny-making chapter, I'll tell you. B):2thumbs:

• Like 1

Matt hasn't figured this out for himself. He wants both and can't decide. Both have their appeal. Especially now, having been exposed to loving relationships and the rewards that go with that. He gets to experience the monogamous love that Brad and Robbie have and the more open love that JP and Stefan have.

Then of course, he gets to experience Cody. :lol: And now Al. Talk about a boy in a candy shop. On top of all that, it's all very safe and comfortable, everyone's "family".

That was one horny-making chapter, I'll tell you. B):2thumbs:

so much for dominating the forum... ;-D :devil:

this was what Mark promised to be two chapters twice? Bloodlines 9 and 10? I must admit I could get used to that! ;-D

oh wow! :worship: chapter 10 is :great:

I really like how conflicted Matt was.

About himself and Cody and Alejandro :D

But I really like the description of his having sex with Alejandro :wub:

Especially when he saw Alex naked on the bed! :wub::wub:

But yeah, I guess Matt has a lot to think.

Cody or not Cody, that is the question :D

Basically, thus far I see only Cody, Justin or Alejandro.

Hmmm....I wonder who will be introduced next?

BTW what is Darius' orientation?

I know he's still 16,

But Alex came to live in the household when he was 15 no?

Cheers!

That should become clearer when Chapter 11 is posted on Tuesday. :P

now that was nice... though... I think I'm getting spoiled by the marvelous chapters and these ordinary ones are just... ordinary? ;-) at least it was a fair fit of Bloodlines, I hope to survive till the other one ;-)

Interestingly, some have missed something important. They're talking about going to Laramie, Wyoming just two months before the infamous murder of Matthew Shepard. Could it be that Matt will meat Matt before he gets murdered. Now that would be interesting yet chilling at the same time. Any thoughts anyone?

Interestingly, some have missed something important. They're talking about going to Laramie, Wyoming just two months before the infamous murder of Matthew Shepard. Could it be that Matt will meat Matt before he gets murdered. Now that would be interesting yet chilling at the same time. Any thoughts anyone?

And I was just thinking where I've heard that name... And it was on Mark's blog! So if he was researching on this at the beginning of September, we're around three weeks late. ;-) Well even if they meet him, they couldn't help him :-/ but they can be among major contributors to his foundation after his death...

We also noticed the ongoing struggle before the dot.com bubble. ;-) When it was discussed, a lot of people were arguing Stefan wouldn't lose his money so mindlesly, but we've forgotten his partners! At least Brad is considering both possibilities and I hope they'll manage to avoid some major (like almost 80 %) loss...

This is the sweetest chapter ever! :wub:

I like how Matt was flirting with Tiffany,

and also how...cozy & comfortable Matt is with his brothers

BTW JJ is so cute when he's whining :wub:

Wonder if Tiff gonna freak when she saw the menage-a-trois Matt is in :lol:

So Darius is straight huh? :king:

hehehe, I smiled when he was all talk and when the girl came,

he went nervous :lol:

and I think it's sexy how Matt f**ks Alex when he's asleep :wub:

BTW dot com bust! :read:

I hope Stef is gonna be shielded from that!

Great for JJ! :2thumbs: It's such a great feeling when you discover something you're good at. Self-confidence soars.

Matt knows what he's good at as well! No self-confidence issues there! :D

Cody's become bitchy and emotional! :lol: He was due, I guess.

JP is at his funniest when he's serious! :lmao:

I'm glad Brad's getting some good lines. :boy:

Stef is definitely going to get burned with the tech meltdown. :( But as we all know, Stef is a survivor. JP can lend him a few bucks. :wub:

I agree. The Matt - Tiffany flirting was hilarious and a lot of fun. :great:

Stef is definitely going to get burned with the tech meltdown. :(

I hope not :(

Stef & Matt already realized that they're over-exposed.

I hope they can slash their exposure by half (35%)

Fight the bust! :2hands:

Perhaps Matthew's death after Matt had recently visited Laramie will make it difficult for him to deal with his parents' homophobia and "force" Matt to come out to them.

Jack

Hey thanks mark, that was an amazing Chapter!!!!! JJ is cute...and what the hell....how come these little ones don't get the parties and weed like brad/robbie did in HS? i'm a little disapointed. Plus non of them are very musical which i find surpriseing.....and brads art hasn't turned into a career to fall back on if this dot com thing is a bust. :P

Some suggestions to think about re-adding to the story? :P ANyway GREAT CHAPtEr and i love matt.

Hey thanks mark, that was an amazing Chapter!!!!! JJ is cute...and what the hell....how come these little ones don't get the parties and weed like brad/robbie did in HS? i'm a little disapointed. Plus non of them are very musical which i find surpriseing.....and brads art hasn't turned into a career to fall back on if this dot com thing is a bust. :P

Some suggestions to think about re-adding to the story? :P ANyway GREAT CHAPtEr and i love matt.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..