10 Words You Need to stop Misspelling

• Site Administrator

I'm sorry, having read many many stories online, you want to know the one that drives me the most crazy? Shutter for shudder. I mean c'mon, just say it outloud...it shouldn't even sound the same unless you can't speak properly...drives me up the wall!

That helped me alot. I will definately not loose you're link. Thanks.

Omigosh! Wish I had thought of that! Hilarious! :2thumbs:

Anyway, I'm a pedant, so most of these I don't have an issue with in my writing, (though I definitely notice them all in other people's!). Except for affect/effect. I'm never sure which to use. Hopefully the eating thing will help me remember from now on!

By the way, anyone know the difference between "toward" and "towards"? I'm never sure if one's correct and the other incorrect or what...

By the way, anyone know the difference between "toward" and "towards"? I'm never sure if one's correct and the other incorrect or what...

They are interchangeable in grammatical correctness, so just let the easier one roll off your tongue when speaking.

• Site Administrator

Thanks a lot James! I thought I was the only person on this community who misspeled (hope that one is well written) 'definitely'... drove me up the wall!

hee hee, it's misspelled, too funny!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

The only thing with it's is that word automatically changes it so when you want its you have to consciously remember to go back and change it which, if you are typing fast can be a real pain.

Sounds like you need to check your personal dictionary. For me, Grammar check will point it out as a commonly confused words but not change it.