I started posting a story and three chapters in there doesn't seem to be a readership for it. Would you stop or continue? To clarify: I was not expecting a blockbuster reaction with huge numbers and I realise the first chapter might get way more views than the second, because people read it and don't like it, so move onto something else. I did think that those readers who opened and read the second chapter would be the basic readership, but after posting chapter three half the readers from chapter two disappeared. In effect, each chapter has lost more than 50% of readers, so by chapter five or six I will have next to no readers. I have to ask myself the question, stop or continue, because the numbers, views, comments, followers, indicate a flop and books can flop, like films, because of the writing style, the subject, a lack of something? I don't know what applies to me, bad writing, awful subject, terrible plot, laborious, doesn't flow, I don't know? Obviously, I thought it was okay as stories go, but that doesn't seem to be the reality. So, stop or continue anyway? What would you do?

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, Krista said:

Write the stories you wish to tell.

@Mikiesboy said: Ask yourself why you are writing.  Are you writing because you have a story to tell or for likes and readers?  

I'd like to write the stories readers want to read and numbers of views, likes, and followers are the gauge of that!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1