Winter Olympics

So, the Winter Olympics are coming up soon in Vancouver. Whats your favorite event to watch? My favorite is any Alpine Ski Event (especially the Giant Slalom). Its also fun watching speed skating, hockey, and Skier & Border Cross.

So, the Winter Olympics are coming up soon in Vancouver. Whats your favorite event to watch? My favorite is any Alpine Ski Event (especially the Giant Slalom). Its also fun watching speed skating, hockey, and Skier & Border Cross.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to watch as it's 10 hours time span. But I'll follow the Czech Ice-hockey team, women speed skating (Sablikova FTW

• Site Administrator

I'll admit to watching figure skating, but I prefer the individual competition to the pairs. Make it or break it on your own, just my style!

I'm pretty excited...I remember the 2002 Salt Lake City games as one of my favorites so I'm looking forward to it again soon. Besides, TV has been horrible lately, so it'll give me something to watch.

Favorite events...

1) Speed skating. When I was a kid, I roller bladed and played hockey, a lot. I was a big Apolo Ohno fan when I first watched him skate in 2002. He was like the Michael Phelps of short track speed skating, so I'm excited to see how he's gonna do this time.

2) Snowboarding. Aside from roller blading, I picked up skating boarding, so obviously this is a nice event to watch for me. It's pretty damn cool the stunts they do, makes me pretty jealous. Gonna be lookin' out for Shaun White.

3) Figure Skating...yes, I just pulled my gay card. But it's artistic and fun sometimes. Gotta love Chazz Michael Michaels wink.gif

I won't really follow any of the rest...maybe a few glances.

• Site Administrator

Probably watch all of them. Will be partial to Hockey and Figure Skating as I worked them in '88 in Calgary.

Interesting little fact, Canada as host nation has never won a gold medal while hosting the Olympics. Not in 74 in Montreal or in Calgary in 88. Let's hope it changes in Vancouver.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching the opening ceremonies and the part with the maple leaves...The act reminded me of a combination New Orleans street tappers, Kentucky blue grass fiddles and a Scottish highland fling...really cool. Love Sarah McLaughlin too.

I'll admit to watching figure skating, but I prefer the individual competition to the pairs. Make it or break it on your own, just my style!

Pair skating is scary at times.. when the guy lifts or tosses the girl.. shew and Ice doesn't give at all.. and one woman had her face slashed by the guy's skate once..

But yes, figure skating is what I'd like to watch..

The loss Canada will suffer at all the golds....because it's a losing year for us. (even financially) i think we'll lose money like no tomorrow. Might be some good stuff...i usualy just don't watch in general.....skiing would be cool. Maybe Bobsledding and figure skating. :P

1) Figure skating- Oh yes, it is my favorite. As I've mentioned before, I love their grace on the ice, especially the women. It's the perfect mix of athletic ability and artistry.

2) Moguls- What's not to love about it? They're the original tricksters

3) Speed skating- It's just awesome. They're just awesome on the ice, and it so speaks to my Dutch heritage. What can I say?

4) The Luge- Yes, someone died, but the blinding speeds are just totally kick ass.

5) Snowboarding- They're pretty awesome! What's not to love about extreme sports becoming mainstream? ;)