Will you eat liver?

So?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will you eat liver?

I've had liver 3 times that I can remember. The last time was in a hospital and it was horrible :( . I probably would try it again, if someone I knew knew how to cook it right :P

It's funny how we judge certain parts of the animal okay to eat and others not. I recently tried chicken hearts and now would be willing to try other species too :D

I immensely dislike beef liver... but have eaten and will eat deer liver again... also, deer heart it YUMMY!

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Chopped liver on thick-sliced bread with very thick slices of onion.

As it destroys you, you feel good about it.

Bless you!!

Hated it as a child-and then grew to LOVE it! Skillet fried (make sure it is not fried to hardness) with onions and fresh garlic. (You really need to see some red (blood) for liver to be acceptable at the dinner table! YUM!

I will eat liver if I get a lot of money (I'm a grad student, so "a lot of money" starts at $50).

Other types of internal organs, as well as tongue, will be more expensive.

Are we speaking of 'cooked' tongue? Or just gnawed off pieces from a screaming random victim whom you found way back down that dark alley?

If prepared properly, and presented in a manner acceptable to the 'diner', cooked tongue is palatable.:D

HOWEVER!

Pieces of "tongue" that just keep wiggling and making sounds which mean nothing except to entertain the 'tonguer', should be cast out with the trash!

And to Daisy139--:2thumbs:

If we don't laugh---we freaking DIE!!!!

:funny: That tongue would indeed be very dead and still on the plate. I've never tried it but my mum once prepared it for our dog and I just about gagged. I think it was from a cow.... :wacko: I"ll stick to legs, wings, and chests of dead animals ;)
  • 4 weeks later...

Liver is my mom's favorite, especially half-cooked ones. Strangely, it seems to be the only one she can stomach when she's sick. She said the half-cooked blood and liver doesn't taste so bad for her and they're easier to swallow. I tried one and it became a regular for our menu. :2thumbs: Only tried chicken and pork so far.