Renee Stevens Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 I've had liver 3 times that I can remember. The last time was in a hospital and it was horrible . I probably would try it again, if someone I knew knew how to cook it right It's funny how we judge certain parts of the animal okay to eat and others not. I recently tried chicken hearts and now would be willing to try other species too I immensely dislike beef liver... but have eaten and will eat deer liver again... also, deer heart it YUMMY! 1
Site Administrator Cia Posted November 15, 2010 Site Administrator Posted November 15, 2010 Oh no, unh uh. It's a taste and texture thing for me. I've had all sorts of innards and I don't like any of them.
phana14 Posted November 16, 2010 Posted November 16, 2010 Oh yeah. Chopped liver on thick-sliced bread with very thick slices of onion. As it destroys you, you feel good about it. Bless you!! Hated it as a child-and then grew to LOVE it! Skillet fried (make sure it is not fried to hardness) with onions and fresh garlic. (You really need to see some red (blood) for liver to be acceptable at the dinner table! YUM!
Former Member Posted November 22, 2010 Posted November 22, 2010 Maybe raw, or if I absolutely had to for survival.
Bleu Posted November 23, 2010 Posted November 23, 2010 I just cooked some rabbit liver for dinner (a touch of olive oil, a touch of balsamic vinegar, just don't overcook it!), with a green salad as side order. Simply yum 1
Daisy139 Posted November 24, 2010 Posted November 24, 2010 I will eat liver if I get a lot of money (I'm a grad student, so "a lot of money" starts at $50). Other types of internal organs, as well as tongue, will be more expensive.
phana14 Posted November 24, 2010 Posted November 24, 2010 I will eat liver if I get a lot of money (I'm a grad student, so "a lot of money" starts at $50). Other types of internal organs, as well as tongue, will be more expensive. Are we speaking of 'cooked' tongue? Or just gnawed off pieces from a screaming random victim whom you found way back down that dark alley? If prepared properly, and presented in a manner acceptable to the 'diner', cooked tongue is palatable. HOWEVER! Pieces of "tongue" that just keep wiggling and making sounds which mean nothing except to entertain the 'tonguer', should be cast out with the trash! And to Daisy139-- If we don't laugh---we freaking DIE!!!!
Stargazer Posted November 24, 2010 Posted November 24, 2010 No way. After seeing that stuff raw in a big pan at a restaurant I once worked at and smelling it on the plate ... no way. :wacko:
Daisy139 Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 That tongue would indeed be very dead and still on the plate. I've never tried it but my mum once prepared it for our dog and I just about gagged. I think it was from a cow.... :wacko: I"ll stick to legs, wings, and chests of dead animals
Raj Posted December 23, 2010 Posted December 23, 2010 its not that bad if u cook it well . i have had lets see....................................................chiken , goat , sheep livers .
AleMaho Posted December 26, 2010 Posted December 26, 2010 I have! Not that i enjoy it, or the like, but it is passable!
reychop Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Liver is my mom's favorite, especially half-cooked ones. Strangely, it seems to be the only one she can stomach when she's sick. She said the half-cooked blood and liver doesn't taste so bad for her and they're easier to swallow. I tried one and it became a regular for our menu. Only tried chicken and pork so far.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now