Hoskins Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 Oh yeah. Chopped liver on thick-sliced bread with very thick slices of onion. As it destroys you, you feel good about it.
corvus Posted March 14, 2010 Posted March 14, 2010 Only with fava beans and a nice chianti. Oh dear, that's where the census taker went. I like liver, although sometimes it's done badly and is horrible. But that goes for anything.
Tiger Posted March 14, 2010 Posted March 14, 2010 I used to eat liver until... I saw a cat playing with a piece of it on the floor. I can't remember for sure if I did, but I at the very least almost puked. Never again will I touch it, because now I get queasy even smelling it.
Krista Posted March 14, 2010 Posted March 14, 2010 Eh, the texture, the taste, and the smell is all wrong for me.. lol.
hh5 Posted April 1, 2010 Posted April 1, 2010 I've eaten many kinds of paté and I loved most of them. Deer paté; duck paté, etc. Its delicious! Don't remember eating liver other than in paté though... Eating liver or even liver stake is a bit delicate thing to prepare. Over cooked blah!! and you don't wanna eat it undercooked. But then I never ate it undercooked. You lucky to eat pate, many times. Me it was only once or twice.
Skylights Posted April 1, 2010 Posted April 1, 2010 Nah. No meat for me. Gleh. I'd rather not ingest dead animals. Okay shoot me but although I am basically vegetarian now there have been lots of times when I have eaten, and completely enjoyed liver... sometimes raw. You probably don't want to know but pig's liver liquidised and heated to blood temperature in a microwave provides temporary relief for Sanguinarian vampires with The Thirst. Jeeez...Are you a 'sanguirian vampire'? T_T.
Nephylim Posted April 1, 2010 Posted April 1, 2010 Jeeez...Are you a 'sanguirian vampire'? T_T. As with my sexuality I swing both ways
PrivateTim Posted April 9, 2010 Posted April 9, 2010 Love beef liver, coated in in flour, salt and peppered and fried in bacon fat with onions. Chicken liver same way or cooked yakiniku style with gizzards, hearts, and other assorted small meats.
KJames Posted April 10, 2010 Posted April 10, 2010 Yes, have had fois gras (both pate and non), and also make my own chopped chicken liver for passover which I make into pate by just letting the food processor run...it makes a better spread on the matzah that way.
Site Administrator wildone Posted April 10, 2010 Site Administrator Posted April 10, 2010 I've had liver 3 times that I can remember. The last time was in a hospital and it was horrible . I probably would try it again, if someone I knew knew how to cook it right It's funny how we judge certain parts of the animal okay to eat and others not. I recently tried chicken hearts and now would be willing to try other species too
Parchment_Of_Love Posted April 12, 2010 Posted April 12, 2010 Yuck, just thinking about any kind of Liver makes me want to hurl .
Parchment_Of_Love Posted April 12, 2010 Posted April 12, 2010 Okay shoot me but although I am basically vegetarian now there have been lots of times when I have eaten, and completely enjoyed liver... sometimes raw. You probably don't want to know but pig's liver liquidised and heated to blood temperature in a microwave provides temporary relief for Sanguinarian vampires with The Thirst. I love you Nemphy but please dont eat my liver! *shivers and looks around*
Ramon Posted April 12, 2010 Posted April 12, 2010 Pork liver can be found in several Filipino cuisine like menudo (not sure if it is similar to the Mexican menudo) and dinuguan, which when translated is pork blood stew. Yum, right? So yes I'd eat it. You usually don't even notice it in the food.
Tiger Posted April 13, 2010 Posted April 13, 2010 Pork liver can be found in several Filipino cuisine like menudo (not sure if it is similar to the Mexican menudo) and dinuguan, which when translated is pork blood stew. Yum, right? So yes I'd eat it. You usually don't even notice it in the food. I think this thread is mostly about beef liver and onions, which is a common food in the US for those with the stomach for it.
DragonMando Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 I've had it in the past, and I'll eat it again if I have to. But if there's other food around I'll avoid it at all cost
Lugh Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 well I wouldn't eat "liver and onions" as it's served in the good ole USA I would eat liver in other forms.... it does seem to be an ingrediant in foods I like from other countries.
PrivateTim Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 When you go to Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles you have to have a side order of deep fried chicken livers if you don't get an E-Z Ed's Omelet that is stuffed with chicken livers. 1
Westie Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 A resurrected Topic from before my time!!!!! Hell yeah I'd eat liver!
Tommy_B Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 When you go to Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles you have to have a side order of deep fried chicken livers if you don't get an E-Z Ed's Omelet that is stuffed with chicken livers. Mmmmmm Roscoe's!! Yummy! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now