Will you eat liver?

So?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will you eat liver?

Only with fava beans and a nice chianti.

Oh dear, that's where the census taker went.

I like liver, although sometimes it's done badly and is horrible. But that goes for anything.

I used to eat liver until... I saw a cat playing with a piece of it on the floor. I can't remember for sure if I did, but I at the very least almost puked. Never again will I touch it, because now I get queasy even smelling it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've eaten many kinds of paté and I loved most of them. Deer paté; duck paté, etc. Its delicious! Don't remember eating liver other than in paté though...

Eating liver or even liver stake is a bit delicate thing to prepare. Over cooked blah!! and you don't wanna eat it undercooked.

But then I never ate it undercooked.

You lucky to eat pate, many times. Me it was only once or twice.

Nah. No meat for me. Gleh. I'd rather not ingest dead animals.

Okay shoot me but although I am basically vegetarian now there have been lots of times when I have eaten, and completely enjoyed liver... sometimes raw.

You probably don't want to know but pig's liver liquidised and heated to blood temperature in a microwave provides temporary relief for Sanguinarian vampires with The Thirst.

Jeeez...Are you a 'sanguirian vampire'? T_T.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, have had fois gras (both pate and non), and also make my own chopped chicken liver for passover which I make into pate by just letting the food processor run...it makes a better spread on the matzah that way.

• Site Administrator

I've had liver 3 times that I can remember. The last time was in a hospital and it was horrible :( . I probably would try it again, if someone I knew knew how to cook it right :P

It's funny how we judge certain parts of the animal okay to eat and others not. I recently tried chicken hearts and now would be willing to try other species too :D

Okay shoot me but although I am basically vegetarian now there have been lots of times when I have eaten, and completely enjoyed liver... sometimes raw.

You probably don't want to know but pig's liver liquidised and heated to blood temperature in a microwave provides temporary relief for Sanguinarian vampires with The Thirst.

blink.gifI love you Nemphy but please dont eat my liver! *shivers and looks around*unsure.gif

Pork liver can be found in several Filipino cuisine like menudo (not sure if it is similar to the Mexican menudo) and dinuguan, which when translated is pork blood stew. Yum, right? :lol: So yes I'd eat it. You usually don't even notice it in the food.

Pork liver can be found in several Filipino cuisine like menudo (not sure if it is similar to the Mexican menudo) and dinuguan, which when translated is pork blood stew. Yum, right? :lol: So yes I'd eat it. You usually don't even notice it in the food.

I think this thread is mostly about beef liver and onions, which is a common food in the US for those with the stomach for it. :P

• 7 months later...