Site Administrator Cia Posted March 7, 2010 Site Administrator Posted March 7, 2010 I have many times in my life and I'm sorry, not even Walla Walla Sweet Onions can make that stuff palatable. Ewwww.
Nephylim Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 Okay shoot me but although I am basically vegetarian now there have been lots of times when I have eaten, and completely enjoyed liver... sometimes raw. You probably don't want to know but pig's liver liquidised and heated to blood temperature in a microwave provides temporary relief for Sanguinarian vampires with The Thirst.
Benji Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 Okay shoot me but although I am basically vegetarian now there have been lots of times when I have eaten, and completely enjoyed liver... sometimes raw. You probably don't want to know but pig's liver liquidised and heated to blood temperature in a microwave provides temporary relief for Sanguinarian vampires with The Thirst. ......................Well that answer made me queasy!! :wacko:
warrior Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 Is there a very big difference between eating liver and eating meat, when looking at it from an ethical perspective?
Trebs Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 I had never had it, so when I saw liver and onions on a menu, I ordered and tried it back when I think I was 26. The flavor of the liver EXPLODED in my mouth - WAY too intense. Now, I used to eat and like liverwurst, but liver itself isn't something I'm likely to try again.
Tim the Traveller Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 no thank you. i'd rather eat the flesh instead of the intestines.
MikeL Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 Beef liver is revolting. It should go straight into dog food or the garbage can. Chicken liver is almost as bad. The one exception I will make is for rumaki...chicken liver and water chestnut wrapped in bacon, marinated in soy sauce and brown sugar, and broiled until the bacon is crisp. The best I've ever had was from the Omni Hut in Smyrna, TN.
Arpeggio Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 No way. I just got a new liver, why in the hell would someone want to eat it. D:
paya Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 (edited) Nobody here has ever eaten foie gras? foie as in liver in French...? You may think it's gross but pork or chicken liver is eaten here and for example duck or goose liver is quite an expensive delicatessen - as in foie gras. I personally was taught when I was a small boy that liver is healthy (source of iron for the body I think) and i hated eating it, though now I like pork liver if it is well done. And I've tasted foie gras, of course. Now I remembered, a meal from pork liver is also made in school canteens here. And school canteens' menus are supervised by some doctors. But usually kids have choice of multiple meals so they can avoid eating liver if they don't like it. Edited March 7, 2010 by paya 1
Aeroplane Posted March 7, 2010 Author Posted March 7, 2010 Paya reminded me - I answered no, but I do eat [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P
Steve3 Posted March 7, 2010 Posted March 7, 2010 I will not eat liver by itself. Can't do it - that pesky ol' gag reflex. But OTOH, as a lover of Cajun cuisine, I can take it in small doses as with one of my favorite Cajun dishes like Dirty Rice. I truthfully feel the same way about cilantro, truly disgusting taste on the whole. But in small doses (like Chipotle's lime-cilantro rice), I can tolerate it ok Steve3
Nephylim Posted March 8, 2010 Posted March 8, 2010 No way. I just got a new liver, why in the hell would someone want to eat it. D: I'm sure it's not your liver they want to eat hun Only with fava beans and a nice chianti. I would love to write the next line but have no idea how Nobody here has ever eaten foie gras? foie as in liver in French...? You may think it's gross but pork or chicken liver is eaten here and for example duck or goose liver is quite an expensive delicatessen - as in foie gras. I personally was taught when I was a small boy that liver is healthy (source of iron for the body I think) and i hated eating it, though now I like pork liver if it is well done. And I've tasted foie gras, of course. Now I remembered, a meal from pork liver is also made in school canteens here. And school canteens' menus are supervised by some doctors. But usually kids have choice of multiple meals so they can avoid eating liver if they don't like it. foie gras is vile. They force feed the geese to enlarge the liver and give it more flavour. I would NEVER eat it.
Kev de Cauchery Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 Cantonese almost eat anything, so no surprise.
Phantom Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 I wouldn't eat liver.... But brains.... now that's a different story
Jack Frost Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 That's like asking me if I would eat pussies. No. 1
hh5 Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 someone has to have eatten - pate!!! - very french yup eaten liver - only #1 bro hates it - we got him to eat it once called Dirty Rice inside stuff pepper - i wonder if he did a quick hurl like a anorexic
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now