Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

"1968" Revisited

• 6 months later...

Jeff was a complicated character. I don't like what happened to him. I don't think placing blame on JP is fair though. He is flawed. But why wouldn't he be? His father was a cold-hearted bastard. His brother was an asshole. His mother was a whore. What about that household suggests that JP would be "normal"?

What stories are you reading?? JP's father might have struggled initially with JP's homosexuality, but he has never been anything but a loving father and a typical father of the 1950's and 60's who didn't gush emotions, worked very hard at his business for his family and he was incredibly generous. You couldn't have asked for a better brother than Jim who was never anything but fair with JP and accepted his being gay immediately. JP's mom was.... well French. She was lonely because of JP's fathers driven work schedule. She was certainly discrete since so few people knew of her affairs, so hardly a whore, just a person with needs.

• Like 1

I was troubled by JP for a lot of reasons and I agree with Adam on his thoughts. I don't like Sam either.

I thought JP too easily through Jeff over when Jeff became inconvenient, took up with Sam too easily and too easily accepted Sam's part in Jeff's death. JP made Jeff who he was in a lot of ways and people seem to forget how young Jeff was. He was only 23 or so and had been with JP a significant portion of his life and during crucial years of growth and maturity. JP needed to do more, should have done more and if he were a better person, he would have.

• Like 1

What stories are you reading??

A lot of his family's history is revealed in The Box. His brother was spoiled rotten and his father let Jim get away with a lot of bad behavior. His mother cheated quite a bit, even with teenage boys and nonblood relatives.

As for Jeff. JP tried to help him get through his drugs, but you can only do so much if they don't want to change. Let me tell you, the kind, warm, fuzzy support method rarely works, and constantly forgiving someone for their addiction driven mishaps only acts to enable them. There just comes a point that you have to put your foot down and say enough is enough, and even that doesn't always work. I've dealt with this situation in my own family, and I can definitely see where JP is coming from, and though I don't agree with all of what he has done, in this issue I can sympathize.

A lot of his family's history is revealed in The Box. His brother was spoiled rotten and his father let Jim get away with a lot of bad behavior. His mother cheated quite a bit, even with teenage boys and nonblood relatives.

And with other women.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Namely Tonto. Did not see that one coming. The fact that Jim screwed his cousin's daughter in 1985 to create JJ makes a lot more sense now.

Edited by methodwriter85

I was troubled by JP for a lot of reasons and I agree with Adam on his thoughts. I don't like Sam either.

I thought JP too easily through Jeff over when Jeff became inconvenient, took up with Sam too easily and too easily accepted Sam's part in Jeff's death. JP made Jeff who he was in a lot of ways and people seem to forget how young Jeff was. He was only 23 or so and had been with JP a significant portion of his life and during crucial years of growth and maturity. JP needed to do more, should have done more and if he were a better person, he would have.

I think you will enjoy BeRad

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..