How did you come up with your screen name?

Camilo

hmm...

Well, the phoenix is a mystical bird of fire with a lot of mystery around it. And some people apparently think I'm mysterious because I usually keep to myself unless prompted.

But I want a change. I want to be more outgoing and to make more friends.

The phoenix also symbolizes rebirth. Rebirth from the ashes, into a new life. A new beginning.

To finally put the ugly past behind me and move forward. That is what I seek.

canuk - somewhat obvious, though it was given to me by Australian friends when I became a Canadian citizen. when I lived in Canada I was called Aussie (pronounced Ossy in north-american, which made a german friend wonder why people had given me a west german nickname.......)

Relatively new so I'll introduce myself here. I just went with the first two initials of my name phonetically - Ay, Jay, and first letter of my last name - P. Pretty boring, huh? Wish I was as clever as Hylas. I love that painting (and the story).

I saw a menu in one of those shady restaurants. it looked something like this:

Chicken Sandwich

Tuna Sandwich

Hamencheese Sandwich

I stopped reading after that..

ROFL!

Anyta Sunday is my artist's name. I got the idea walking around the area I live in Berlin. The street around the corner is 'Sonntagstraße' (Sundaystreet) and I sorta thought, yeah, why not? And Anyta--I have no idea, but I when I think of girl names, I like ones starting with 'A', also, I think the 'y' is an attractive alphabet letter, hehe.

Sweet,

Anyta

• Like 1

I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread before!

But anyway I picked Agaith because in the Eldar language (Warhammer 40K) it means 'false face'.

I use it because when I joined no one knew I was gay so I thought it fitting that everywhere but here I wore a 'false face' in public so to speak.

My pseudonym is Robyn Grace. My real name, Anne, means "grace", and Grace is also a last name in reality. I love the name Robyn, so that's what I used. I wanted something that I could inedtify myself with, and that's this name.

This doesn't mean that I don't like my real name, by the way. I love it that my parents called me Anne.

Es Revolution, Is Revolution, ES = S in sounds, Srevol also my name is Raymundo Said...SR + Evolution, this name means my evolution and that i am a revolution

• 4 weeks later...

My first name is Trevor, and I'm a huge sports fan. There is a relief pitcher that used to play for the San Diego Padres named Trevor Hoffman. When he would enter the game, the video-board at Petco Park would flash the words "Trevor Time". Pretty simple, huh?

Edited by TrevorTime

I was originally NorthDruid, which stemmed from my love for druidism and anything of that nature. Then I began to assoisate with Raccoon. So i was on a translater one day, and I end up putting Raccoon in a English to Czech translator, i'm part Czech. And that was where Myval came from. :)

well how did i come by my pen name

i heard that sahara means desert in arabic but there was already an author with that name so i looked again and discovered that sahari is the plural of sahara>>i like it

so i take it

I've gone by the nickname KC since I was ... um, 13ish? I played on a baseball team named for the Royals and loved it. Didn't part with that hat until it practically fell apart on my head. Then I got a new one. lol

Anyway, recently when setting up an online account I've been more in touch with my adult self and the fact that I'm weeks away from earning my teaching credential, so "sensei" feels right. My kids called me "Teacher" because that's the respectful thing to do in the Hispanic community. I feel that, regarding my own sexuality and gender I'm a little lost, wandering around in the dark. That, combined with my hidden love for writing homoerotica, and the fact that plain ol' "sensei" was already taken, birthed Dark Senseii there ... and now it's just Dark.

Besides, the Dark Side is way more fun. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Woah, you guys have nice stories behind your usernames, especially Neph's. I always just thought that Nephylims were angels that lived on earth. (I should have paid attention to my Christian Ed lessons. :P) Well, I guess it's good to learn new things everyday.

Anyway, my username is a combination of two. It's actually just a simple as the equation: rey + choppy. My first name + the name of my doggy. My sexy little german shepherd have been my first love. He was the one who made my heart beat in the most exciting way. (Interpret that in any manner you wish. The rest will stay in my heart and beyond closed doors. :lol:). A really odd name, I suppose but I guess I just want to preserve his soul through the internet. He left me last 2007. A long time ago, yet it seems that I still can't get over it. :,((I came up with that name in the ancient era of the dial ups (when I first learned of a wonderful place called the Internet) and I have no intention of letting go. His spirit will always live on within the other half of my heart. ^^ (Though that is not to say that it has no room for another one though. Just saying.:whistle:)

Edited by reychop

Woah, you guys have nice stories behind your usernames, especially Neph's. I always just thought that Nephylims were angels that lived on earth. (I should have paid attention to my Christian Ed lessons. :P) Well, I guess it's good to learn new things everyday.

Anyway, my username is a combination of two. It's actually just a simple as the equation: rey + choppy. My first name + the name of my doggy. My sexy little german shepherd have been my first love. He was the one who made my heart beat in the most exciting way. (Interpret that in any manner you wish. The rest will stay in my heart and beyond closed doors. :lol:). A really odd name, I suppose but I guess I just want to preserve his soul through the internet. He left me last 2007. A long time ago, yet it seems that I still can't get over it. :,((I came up with that name in the ancient era of the dial ups (when I first learned of a wonderful place called the Internet) and I have no intention of letting go. His spirit will always live on within the other half of my heart. ^^ (Though that is not to say that it has no room for another one though. Just saying.:whistle:)

So cool. I hope that you are able to find another one which will reach or possibly surpass the amount of love you shared with "Choppy".

So cool. I hope that you are able to find another one which will reach or possibly surpass the amount of love you shared with "Choppy".

Thanks for saying that! Surprisingly, my reply to this thread triggered a vivid dream last night. I came back home with the doggy greeting me. He further surprised me when I found myself waking up sobbing and in tears. That's shocking for it had been a long time since I last cried (back in those days when I gave a tantrum the moment mother put me down. :lmao:)