Recommend Me a GA Author.

Hello GA! I joined the site yesterday and I'm looking for reading material. I thought I start a post for members to recommend their favorite GA Authors to new members based on what they are looking for:

I'm looking for myth, fantasy, sci-fi, or historic fiction, with gay characters. You can recommend books, e-books, and Authors' websites. Any recommendation will be appreciated. Thanks you!

Edited by Romeu
  • Site Administrator

Dan's Riders Pride is an excellent fanfic of Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels. Allen Smithee's Valdemar fanfiction is good if you like Mercedes Lackey. Myr has some interesting original science fiction and fantasy stories as well as some HP fanfiction. David MacLeod has some vivid fantasy stories, including a medieval one. If you check out the Authors section you can see a short blurb next to all the writers who are hosted and promising that often will give you some idea of what they write.

Check out this reply

ANY Author on GA is worth reading.

I'm tired of all these biased posts, oh so and so is so good. LOL, just read everything and you'll be happy. Thread done

B)..........Although I agree all authors on GA are worth reading, he specifically asked for authors of a certain genre!

Edited by Benji

Hello GA! I joined the site yesterday and I'm looking for reading material. I thought I start a post for members to recommend their favorite GA Authors to new members based on what they are looking for:

I'm looking for myth, fantasy, sci-fi, or historic fiction, with gay characters. You can recommend books, e-books, and Authors' websites. Any recommendation will be appreciated. Thanks you!

I am not into myth, sci-fi or fantasy, but there is no one better at historical fiction than Mark Arbour.

And the best author on GA, hands down, any genre is Dom Luka.

• Like 1

Check out this reply

ANY Author on GA is worth reading.

I'm tired of all these biased posts, oh so and so is so good. LOL, just read everything and you'll be happy. Thread done

There is nothing bias about readers recommending authors they like to a new member asking for recommendations on the requested genres. Personally I don

• Like 1

dkstories, especially his Do Over series. Hands down the best i've read.

If space sci-fi is to your liking, you'll Love dkstories's Dreams of Humanity & Dreams of a Father.

There is nothing bias about readers recommending authors they like to a new member asking for recommendations on the requested genres. Personally I don't have the free time to check every GA Author, unfortunately. And my taste for literature isn't as broad. So disregarding your post, this thread is NOT done, I still welcome more recommendations.

DK was an excellent recommendation, Rilbur. I've bookmarked his page for future reading. I'm looking into the other recommendations. Thank you all!

what? where?

i was almost certain they had 5 dollars foot longs at subway on sunday

Recommend a GA author ?

The answers should be very personal. The reasons why you like an author have sometimes nothing to do with the writing quality of the author.

IMO the best start is to go to hosted authors and trying to find the one you like, experimenting yourself, with non only the pleasure of reading, but also the pleasure of "hunting". And if you want to just "taste", go to the Anthology

• Like 2

Recommend a GA author ?

The answers should be very personal. The reasons why you like an author have sometimes nothing to do with the writing quality of the author.

All the suggestions made above are very good, also for me.

But IMO the best start is to go to hosted authors and trying to find the one you like, experimenting yourself, with non only the pleasure of reading, but also the pleasure of "hunting".

And if you want to just "taste" the style of different authors, go to the "Anthology". It's like entering a pastry shop and salivate.

GOOD LUCK, and tell us what you found :D

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Rilbur's 'Guardians'. It's one of the most imaginative Sci fi / fantasy stories I've read.

i normally dont like sci fi, but his was good!!

I like Nephys, Dom, James Saviks, dkstories, Comicality and Mark Arbour's stories

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Rilbur's 'Guardians'. It's one of the most imaginative Sci fi / fantasy stories I've read.

/me blushes.

Thanks Nephy. Thanks for not giving me a pointed hint that Redemption is overdue for an update in the process, too... I want to finish off my rewrite of Trillion Dollar Family (hopefully coming out with GA.Stories) first.

Historical Fiction: Mark Arbour is hands the down the best at that, and one of the best overall on GA.

Fantasy: Nephylim. While I have never read any of her stuff, everyone always raves about her vampire stories.

Teen/Romance: This category is rather popular. Comicality is probably most famous for his high school stories and he has written lots. I read New Kid In School which was pretty good.

Other good authors in my opinion are Cia, Viv, Camilo, DomLuka, and CJ.

I'm sure that there are plenty of other great authors out there that I just haven't read, but this is my recommended starting list.

-Matt

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Comicality in my opinion, is the best one here! I've read through his stories and they seem to reach out and touch me! Most if not some of the problems in the stories relate to me.

I'll second that. He's awesome. And he's a really nice guy.

Thank you. You're spot on about Dom.

I started my GA experience on DomLuka 2 weeks ago and still have some left to read and I'm dyig on waiting him finish With Trust. I'm in LUUUUVVVV with his stories, altough reading them consumes most of my limited free time. Currently I'm reducing my sleeping time from both ends to have some work done and have my healthy dose of larger than life fiction. I'm always scared to start a new story, I'm totally lost in fiction... like Alice in Wonderland...

Little warning mr Mark Arbour, you are next on my reading line,... Something tells me I'm not gonna be dissapointed ;) .

To the newbie starter of this conversation: as a newbie too I constantly search on recommendations to find escapist reading, sometimes they hit right on mark (no pun intended) sometimes on the rocks. I stumbled on DomLuka allmost by accident. Lucky me.

• Like 1

Depends on who you picture Rory as. I look a lot like Justin Berfield; same spiky brown hair and everything. The Rory in my mind is played by Michael Angarano.

Justin is adorable. Michael was sooooooo cute in Lords of Dogtown. Just had to point those things out. :)

Back on topic, I find hunting for fics the most fun. You never know what you may stumble across so I agree with checking out the hosted authors and skimming through. Totally worth it, in my opinion. Happy reading!