Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

CJ - The Ultimate King of Cliffhangers? The truth is out there!

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is our esteemed goat truly the King of Cliffhangers

• Hell YEAH
    • No way, it’s idle gossip & malicious rumours

CJ story may have a lot of controversial stuff (evil drug dealers, cartel, misunderstood father, lawyers, police) - but not any really cliff hanger because its like where can you leave a chapter without something popping up.

Invisible by AntaSunday - that held a lot of cliff hangers - the characters held to their view of life - she ends her chapter with cliffy and not everything is known.

CJ story may have a lot of controversial stuff (evil drug dealers, cartel, misunderstood father, lawyers, police) - but not any really cliff hanger because its like where can you leave a chapter without something popping up.

Invisible by AntaSunday - that held a lot of cliff hangers - the characters held to their view of life - she ends her chapter with cliffy and not everything is known.

:lmao:

I'm in the process of counting said cliffhangers, trust me, I may need to borrow someone else's fingers & toes! :P

That lie is old, Goat... no one bought it the first time.. definitely not going to now - as the votes are showing. The goat has obviously paid 4 people off in a plot to sway the voting, but as we shall see, a majority will anoint you the rightful King.

• Like 1

That lie is old, Goat... no one bought it the first time.. definitely not going to now - as the votes are showing. The goat has obviously paid 4 people off in a plot to sway the voting, but as we shall see, a majority will anoint you the rightful King.

well, this old goat thinks the last chapter was definitely a cliff hanger!!!! :devil:

• Like 1

One of those four people... is me! I'm shocked that only three voted with me... is the conspiracy against me so entrenched? :blink:

well, this old goat thinks the last chapter was definitely a cliff hanger!!!! :devil:

But but but... it can't be a cliffhanger! :ph34r:

Have read all CJames' stories :read: and enjoyed them all over the years :great::great::great:

Coming from Margaret River,(Just north of Cape Leeuwin)in Western Australia I can certainly relate to the heavy seas senario.

The Australian navy has done lots of rescues in those treacherous waters so lets hope Trevors' note gets to someone.

Once again CJames, A very enjoyable read, lots of suspense and drama "bravo" :worship:

But but but... I never use cliffhangers! 0:)

And I can prove it... search this forum for "I never use cliffhangers" and you'll find it used literally hundreds of times. :read:0:)

Have read all CJames' stories :read: and enjoyed them all over the years :great::great::great:

Coming from Margaret River,(Just north of Cape Leeuwin)in Western Australia I can certainly relate to the heavy seas senario.

The Australian navy has done lots of rescues in those treacherous waters so lets hope Trevors' note gets to someone.

Once again CJames, A very enjoyable read, lots of suspense and drama "bravo" :worship:

Welcome, Winemaker! :2thumbs:

Thanks!! Yep, those seas are horrendous at times, and your Navy has done some truly breathtaking rescues in the area. The Australian Search and Rescue zone stretches halfway across the Indian Ocean, and Australia gets stuck doing SAR for a lot of reckless yachters who venture too far south for safety in those waters. (often one or two a year, especially during the round-the-world races).

CJ :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think this poll has been running long enough. :D

The Hell yeahs have it, so CJ..like it or not you are the ULTIMATE KING OF CLIFFHANGERS. :)

CONGRATS etc etc etc etc...... Your trophy is with Krista who is (allegedly) adding a few final tasteful touches to it. :P

• 1 month later...

I hate to say I told you so.................... but ROFL.

CJ, you just have to admit defeat, outnumbered and your readership is wiser than you realise. Off the CLIFF you go. :P

But but but.... I really don't use cliffhangers... and if you don't believe me, just ask me again, and I'll say it again.... :ph34r:

Maybe I can persuade my team to jump in here and help defend me? They know my stories very well (my stories are, after all, a team effort).

CJ :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

Maybe I can persuade my team to jump in here and help defend me? They know my stories very well (my stories are, after all, a team effort).

Ah, so that is what Simon and Garfunkle were singing about in 'The sounds of silence'

:lol:

• Site Moderator

As a member of the team, I get to see the chapters earlier than most. Sometimes I might receive up to three chapters at once. Sometimes when I send one chapter back, I receive another one. So in cases like that, I may not see a cliffhanger but a tense situation that readers may call a cliffhanger.

I've already told CJ that when it came to voting, I voted for someone else who had left his readers with a cliffhanger for a couple of chapters.

• Site Moderator

I'm a bird of Prey, but I'm not like other Birds of Prey. If you want to know what kind that is, listen to Supertramps song, Aubade (And I Am Not Like Other Birds of Prey).

When I made this reply, I couldn't go to y tube get this link. For some strange reason, the employer frowns on us going to certain sites.

• Site Administrator

Okay, so CJ has been hounding me (and trust me, you don't wanted to be hounded by a goat, the only thing worse is getting horned by one :wacko:) to post something about the accusations of him being the King Of Evil Cliffhangers, his love of the death defying chapter enders, the use of the dizzying, vertigo effect of his cliffies.

He wants me to step up and say something because a lot of readers and most troubling to him, newbies, are leveling accusations against him for using cliffhangers.

He wants me to come forward and tell you that you are wrong in accusing him of using cliffhangers.

He is begging me to stand behind him in his pleas to stop insinuating that he would leave his beloved readers with anything that could be construed as a cliffhanger.

The goat wants me to give him what he so desperately wants, vindication from the title that has befallen him.

So, here I go...........................................

Nope, can't do it :P

Edited by wildone
  • Like 1

Wildone... can't you find it in your heart to help defend me from these untrue accusations?

Come on... we all know that, truth be told, that I never use cliffhangers... but all these accusations are giving newbies the wrong idea! :read:

We all know that, as you say, I'd never, ever leave my beloved readers with anything that could even come close to being construed as a cliffhanger.... 0:)

All we have here is rumor and innuendo... such unfair and unjust accusations aimed at poor, innocent me...

Won't you help defend me? Won't anyone? :,(

Okay, so CJ has been hounding me (and trust me, you don't wanted to be hounded by a goat, the only thing worse is getting horned by one :wacko:) to post something about the accusations of him being the King Of Evil Cliffhangers, his love of the death defying chapter enders, the use of the dizzying, vertigo effect of his cliffies.

He wants me to step up and say something because a lot of readers and most troubling to him, newbies, are leveling accusations against him for using cliffhangers.

He wants me to come forward and tell you that you are wrong in accusing him of using cliffhangers.

He is begging me to stand behind him in his pleas to stop insinuating that he would leave his beloved readers with anything that could be construed as a cliffhanger.

The goat wants me to give him what he so desperately wants, vindication from the title that has befallen him.

So, here I go...........................................

Nope, can't do it :P

B).......................ROFLMAO!!!!

hmmm, I was hoping you wouldn't get a new quote for your siggy out of that post :wacko:

I had to look hard to find one! You were sneaky; you tried to word it so I couldn't... shame on you! So underhanded! :P

Okay, a question for everyone! What's it going to take for me to clear my name and get y'all to accept the fact that I don't use cliffhangers???

Do I need to say "I never use cliffhangers" more often?

Do I need to do a better job of explaining why a chapter has no cliffhanger?

What is a cliffhanger-adverse goat to do???? :sheep:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..