Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Gathan's True Love

Gathan's Love interest  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think Gathan will end up being partnered with?

• Will Schluter
    • JJ Schluter
    • Harry Schluter
    • Caleb Ingraham
    • Cord
    • Wade Danfield
    • Matt Carrswold
    • John Hobart
    • Beau Danfield
    • Mary Ellen Danfield
    • Marie Hobart
    • John Carullo
    • Cody
    • Kevin Carmichael
    • No one: He's too f**ked up

Dark horse candidates.

Though, more seriously, none of them fit to me, so I more or less expected a new character at some point.

I'd like to see him inside the new character. Oops. :*)

Dark horse candidates.

Though, more seriously, none of them fit to me, so I more or less expected a new character at some point.

Just because Gathan hooks up with Tony, doesn't mean he ends up being his True Love.

I'd like to see him inside the new character. Oops. :*)

LOL.

Ant so far gives off the "hook-up" vibe and not the "relationship" vibe. I'm still not seeing why Gathan would need a "true love" at the age of 18, but I guess someone's gotta stand by his side when he runs to become the youngest mayor in Claremont history in 2008.

• 5 weeks later...

I have discounted Marie Hobart because I really think Gathan will end up with a man but if he doesn't females are more mature than men in general and her being a couple of years younger wouldn't be such a big deal in another four or five years...

I think it's safe to say after this current chapter that it's not really a given that Gathan's going to end up with a man. He's got a definite hetero side here. And it doesn't feel like Matt fooling around with girls, because Matt doesn't seem to get emotionally attached to women- that's why Matt's gay. Here, it seems like women turn Gathan on not just physically, but emotionally.

I really liked Kristin. And if Gathan's going to be the future mayor of Claremont, she'd sure be a good match for him. And that fact that she's not a Crampton or Schluter really works for me.

Edited by methodwriter85

I think it's safe to say after this current chapter that it's not really a given that Gathan's going to end up with a man. He's got a definite hetero side here. And it doesn't feel like Matt fooling around with girls, because Matt doesn't seem to get emotionally attached to women- that's why Matt's gay. Here, it seems like women turn Gathan on not just physically, but emotionally.

I really liked Kristin. And if Gathan's going to be the future mayor of Claremont, she'd sure be a good match for him. And that fact that she's not a Crampton or Schluter really works for me.

I completely agree, Gathan may not end up with a man at all. Kristen does seem like a really interesting person. Plus, even though almost no one actually knows, she is related to JP and would just add to the mixing of the families. I still want Gathan and John Carullo to met up and play around, he was my pick from the list but I can say I wouldn't be upset if he ended up with Kristen...

In all honesty, I'm not sure John Carullo would deal with living in Ohio if they wound up settling down. Gathan is pretty much going back to Claremont after he graduates, and J.C. seems too close to his family to not move back to New York/New Jersey after his finishes. Italian families don't like having their kids live more than 30 minutes away, it seems like.

I would think they'd work well, but only for the duration they're in college. When real world hits(and in JC's case it's going to be 2001 or 2002), I can't see it working because they live too far apart. And I don't think they'll have unlimited access to a private jet.

Well, you could leave Claremont, OH and be pretty much anywhere in New Jersey under six hours; it takes longer to go from northern California to southern California. On top of this, you would be fairly close to both Columbus, OH and Pittsburg, PA so air travel wouldn't be that bad either. I just think that for those on the list John Carullo is the only one that makes sense. Having said that, I could easily see Gathan ending up with a girl like Kristen H. John has already proven by picking a school all the way across the country that he can be away from his family. I know that John would be through with college in the next year or two but could stay in the area getting a Masters or Doctorate degree, although I could see John being one of those guys that when 9/11 happens joining the military.

I could see that, too. Especially since he's from that area, and there's a good chance he might be in New York City on 9/11. I imagine John personally being there might sear it really hard into his psyche.

Well, you could leave Claremont, OH and be pretty much anywhere in New Jersey under six hours; it takes longer to go from northern California to southern California. On top of this, you would be fairly close to both Columbus, OH and Pittsburg, PA so air travel wouldn't be that bad either. I just think that for those on the list John Carullo is the only one that makes sense. Having said that, I could easily see Gathan ending up with a girl like Kristen H. John has already proven by picking a school all the way across the country that he can be away from his family. I know that John would be through with college in the next year or two but could stay in the area getting a Masters or Doctorate degree, although I could see John being one of those guys that when 9/11 happens joining the military.

You every try traveling through New Jersey air space? Delays there are mandatory (sure seems that way)! :D

But that was for four years, and only for the school year. I can't see him permanently moving away from his family. John's totally the type to go away for college for a few years, then go back home and set up shop near the family. That is totally the dynamic I've seen in tight-knit families like that.

And you gotta remember the East Coast mindset of not wanting to drive more than a few hours, as Blue pointed out once. Six hours is a BIG deal for people in the East, and I don't think John's gonna go, "Well, you know New Jersey isn't that far away from Ohio, so my folks would be okay with me living there." Really doubt that.

Of course, we don't even know if John's going to figure into this story, in any event. He's not on the hockey team and I doubt he'll be living in the same dorm Gathan's living in, since he's gotta be at least a junior.

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like Kristen is head-and-shoulders above everyone else at this point. I gotta admit, I really like her. She's remiscent of the strong ladies we've seen in this series, without feeling like a rip-off of Claire or Tonto.

• Like 1

I must agree with you. Kristin may remind us of the strong women of this saga. I think she has the strong will of Tonto and the smoothness of JP's mother Marie. Clairmont needs a strong couple like Gathan and Kristin. Maybe they can make Tonto proud. One thing I have forgotten about is Zack. What damage can he do?

• Like 1

Zach being in Ohio kinda mimimizes his damage potential, I think. I don't really see the Cramptons or Schluters offering out invitations for him to live in Escorial when he goes to college.

I really, really like the idea of Gathan and Kristen utilizing the Crampton mansion as a place to build both a family and a political powerbase. I could easily see Kristen playing the politician's wife well.

• Like 2

Zach being in Ohio kinda mimimizes his damage potential, I think. I don't really see the Cramptons or Schluters offering out invitations for him to live in Escorial when he goes to college.

I really, really like the idea of Gathan and Kristen utilizing the Crampton mansion as a place to build both a family and a political powerbase. I could easily see Kristen playing the politician's wife well.

In this era. there's nothing that says Kristin has to be "the politician's wife." Two words: Hilary Clinton. Posted Image

• 10 months later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..