Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Gathan's True Love

Gathan's Love interest  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think Gathan will end up being partnered with?

• Will Schluter
    • JJ Schluter
    • Harry Schluter
    • Caleb Ingraham
    • Cord
    • Wade Danfield
    • Matt Carrswold
    • John Hobart
    • Beau Danfield
    • Mary Ellen Danfield
    • Marie Hobart
    • John Carullo
    • Cody
    • Kevin Carmichael
    • No one: He's too f**ked up

Will sounds like a good candidate. He's too young right now, but if you were to skip to 2005 or so, it would be a perfect set-up for them. I'd definitely prefer him to end up with a guy regardless. This is a gay-story site after all. ;)

• Like 1

I'd definitely prefer him to end up with a guy regardless. This is a gay-story site after all. ;)

Exactly

Cody always seems to get his hooks into most gay characters :thumbdown: . Why should this story be any different? Also just because Gathan falls in love with someone else doesn't mean they will be a viable couple. (i.e. Cody/Stef, Cody/Max, Cody/Matt, Cody/Brian)

Edited by KYE

I went ahead and voted but it maybe to early to make this decision. He hasn't even met part of these people yet. I agree it has to be a guy, and I also agree it absolutely cannot be a Crampton or a Schulter... I got no sense in the earlier story that Beau Danfield was gay and I think Cody and Kevin are going to be together, no matter what all the Cody bashers say... I really hope that Matt and Wade stay together and it sort of needs to be someone he is around at Stanford, that only leaves John Carullo...

John Carullo comes from a blue collar background but is smart and strong and confident. He would understand where Gathan is coming from because they both have blue collar backgrounds and come from large families, even if the families are really different. Plus, John would be strong enough and confident enough that he could help Gathan overcome his issues with some help from the others.

I really like John when he was in the " Bloodlines " story. He seemed like a really interesting person. I think although I haven't found the chapter in that story yet that John and Matt are the same age which would make John a Jr at Stanford and Gathan a Fr...

Of those on the list John Carullo would be the most interesting choice for me. I hope more people vote for him...

I voted him as well.

In the long term, I'm pretty sure John will likely wind up going back to New Jersey and I can't see Gathan following that. But it'd make for a nice college relationship. I mean, who really needs a "forever" guy at 18?

And can we not have kids on here who have yet to reach the other side of 16 yet? Especially a 12-year old?:blink:

the only vague reference I found that John Carullo and Matt Carswold are in the same grade is that Matt moved into the Freshman's dorm at the start of Bloodlines and that John was on the same floor.

Edited by mmike1969

the only vague reference I found that John Carullo and Matt Carswold are in the same grade is that Matt moved into the Freshman's dorm at the start of Bloodlines and that John was on the same floor.

This post had me completely gobsmacked: you mean to say you not ony remember characters from X books ago, but that they happened to share a floor while at College? good god; I am thrilled if I have the vaguest recollection of the characters that have slept together in the current story (though I'll admit that that is one of exclusion rather than inclusion!), let alone what happened when I was a young'un!!

Why does JJ have three votes? I don't think JJ's dislike of Gathan is masking some secret attraction to him. Dude just straight up doesn't like Gathan. I think if someone told him that people thought he secretly wanted to get with Gathan, he'd barf at the thought and need to drop about a grand or so at Nordstrom for a silk tie to get the bad taste out of his mouth.:D

It's like what Mark said- ice skaters and hockey players are like oil and water. :2thumbs:

Edited by methodwriter85

Why does JJ have three votes? I don't think JJ's dislike of Gathan is masking some secret attraction to him. Dude just straight up doesn't like Gathan. I think if someone told him that people thought he secretly wanted to get with Gathan, he'd barf at the thought and need to drop about a grand or so at Nordstrom for a silk tie to get the bad taste out of his mouth.:D

It's like what Mark said- ice skaters and hockey players are like oil and water. :2thumbs:

Well, sometimes opposites do attract but I don't think they ever will in this instance... I agree with MW that JJ's dislike of Gathan is not hiding a secret lust... I don't really understand what he has against him but... Plus, I think JJ is going to end up straight, shocking everyone in the skating world... LOL...

I still believe of those listed only John Carullo makes any sense... They share marginally similar backgrounds, they both like their sex a little rough, and they are close enough in age that they have something in common besides sex... Although it was a long time ago, I seem to remember that in my late teens I felt I had nothing in common with those that were four or five years younger than me... Even those that were two years back barely held my intrest even for just conversations, I always ran with a little bit older crowd...

If you take out all those younger than him, you only have Cody, who I can't ever see moving to Claremont, and John Carullo. I do think Gathan will go back to Claremont, he just seems to have a connection to the town that I don't think college and being away for a few years will break. Cody would never be able to do his job and live or commute from Claremont, OH. On the other hand, Claremont really isn't that far from New Jersey and John C's family. I am not sure we ever got a handle on Cord's age but his mention just seemed to fleeting to really indicate a tight relationship to Gathan...

I have discounted Marie Hobart because I really think Gathan will end up with a man but if he doesn't females are more mature than men in general and her being a couple of years younger wouldn't be such a big deal in another four or five years...

Honestly, no. Bitch waters run deep, and JJ would gouge his eyes out before he slept with Gathan.

We don't even know for sure if JJ is gay. Regardless, he would not be a good match for anyone I can think of. He seems to be narcissistic, and such people are a bad match for anyone. He is also my 3rd least favorite after Brian and Alexandra. Maybe he's the next villain...

Honestly, I think Gathlan is to f***** up to hold down any relationship, let alone with a 13 year old… albeit an emotionally mature one. He thinks with his dick, as do most teenagers, but there’s just something about him that just doesn’t fit; aside from the small matter of rape of course!!!

Any type of relationship before psychological help is ill advised and will be doomed to failure.

Guess where my vote went then? :P

• Like 1

We don't even know for sure if JJ is gay. Regardless, he would not be a good match for anyone I can think of. He seems to be narcissistic, and such people are a bad match for anyone. He is also my 3rd least favorite after Brian and Alexandra. Maybe he's the next villain...

When JJ gets his own story I'm sure Mark will work to redeem him. Remember, he's fourteen and in an environment that encourages diva behavior. I think when he starts having setbacks-like realizing he can't make the 2002 Salt Lake City games- he'll start to come down to Earth. I don't think Mark's going to turn a legacy character into an unredeemable villain.

And I agree that he's not a good match. with anyone. Figure skaters, from what I understand, generally tend to say out of serious relationships until they retire. All the traveling would impede a relationship, and you're suppose to look like you don't know what sex is, much less that you're having it.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..