Song of the moment

I love you all, but teasing me with youtube is just cruel.

"Home" Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes

Oh, right! YouTube is all blocked in China, isn't it?

The latest one I posted was Start Wearing Purple by Gogol Bordello.

Edited by Thorn Wilde

I am a huge fan of Heart and this just shows how these ladies rock.

This is the absolute best arranged and sung version of this classic rock song I have ever seen and heard!  Thanks Wayne for sharing!

Full Moon by The Black Ghosts

On pmdacey's (msg502) & comicfan's (msg515)  posting of Heart's Stairway To Heaven:

This is the absolute best arranged and sung version of this classic rock song I have ever seen and heard! Thanks Wayne for sharing!

Agreed, Daddy Dave!!! 

I've hadn't heard this version. Fabulous!  Thank you both! 

(I've only ever heard Heart's version of The Battle Of Evermore.)

Edited by rockyroads

This is the absolute best arranged and sung version of this classic rock song I have ever seen and heard!  Thanks Wayne for sharing!

I dunno... I think it's too much like the original. When you make a cover of something, I feel like you owe it to yourself and the original creator to do something more with it. Something the original artist would not have thought to do themselves.

I think my favourite cover version of this particular song (to my own great surprise because this isn't my genre at all) is probably Dolly Parton's. 

Another example of an interesting cover, here's A Perfect Circle's version of Imagine.

• Like 1