how old were you when you realised you were gay?

um. I might sound a little young but i first discovered my feelings were more to men when i was 5. At 7 years old i was obsessed with my sisters boyfriends body. i knew i was gay and that i liked men instead of woman. At age 10 i searched the web and realized that im not gay but rather transgendred. My knowledge about everything grew but my feelings stayed the same. At age 16 im still the weird transgendred guy i found out to be at 10

I had a clue when I was having sex with my then boyfriend. 0:)

It has its funny side.

One has something hard coming and going inside him and thinks, "my! It is this something gay?"

One can ask the one on top of us, "do you think I am a gay?"

I was about 11 and just starting secondary school when I started taking an interest in other boys :) Went to an all boys school aswell so there were no girls about. Didn't really understand my feelings back then so I'd say I was around 14 when I realised I was gay XD.

Hmmm, I think I knew when I was thinking about ass and dicks. While the other boys were thinking about tities and vaginas.

My dad I think knew, when I was 7 or 8 and I got the Titanic soundtrack for Christmas and I spent the whole day with Celine Dion singing My Heart Will Go On

• 3 weeks later...

I think I was 8...maybe 9

There was this big party for one of the girls from the block, and the entire neighborhood was invited

I had a weird connection w one of the guys that lived accross the st (he was 11 or 12 I belive)

and during this party he kissed a girl, and for the first time I felt angry at him, and I didnt know why

then like a week later we were talking about the party n we were having fun, but when he brough her up

I just got up n left.

I asked my sister if she ever got really angry at one of her firnds for no specific reason and she said no.

I turned my friend into "someone I knew" and laid it out in front of her and she said "well that person is jealous,

sounds like he wants to be more than friends with you"

I relaized then that I had a crush...things later happened, but I know that I knew I was gay then, I knew I

was hurt, jealous, and timid, and that it was because I liked a boy.

I think I was 8...maybe 9

There was this big party for one of the girls from the block, and the entire neighborhood was invited

I had a weird connection w one of the guys that lived accross the st (he was 11 or 12 I belive)

and during this party he kissed a girl, and for the first time I felt angry at him, and I didnt know why

then like a week later we were talking about the party n we were having fun, but when he brough her up

I just got up n left.

I asked my sister if she ever got really angry at one of her firnds for no specific reason and she said no.

I turned my friend into "someone I knew" and laid it out in front of her and she said "well that person is jealous,

sounds like he wants to be more than friends with you"

I relaized then that I had a crush...things later happened, but I know that I knew I was gay then, I knew I

was hurt, jealous, and timid, and that it was because I liked a boy.

I was 9 too..that's when I discovered male genetalia. And fell in love for the first time. What happened to your first crush?

Probably when I was 12/13.

Never really thought about who I was attracted to when I was younger. Then at 11 I sort of pretty much fell in love with Megan Fox (after seeing her in transformers) and Kiera Knightly (priates of the carabean). I was fairly happy with the fact that I like girls. I then began to realise that I was also attracted to guys around the 12 mark. Then at 13 I decided that I was bi.

The whole transgender thing took a bit longer to realise (never even knew such a thing existed until I stumbled across it on the internet). I realised that I was trans at 14.

Edited by reess1

Probably when I was 12/13.

Never really thought about who I was attracted to when I was younger. Then at 11 I sort of pretty much fell in love with Megan Fox (after seeing her in transformers) and Kiera Knightly (priates of the carabean). I was fairly happy with the fact that I like girls. I then began to realise that I was also attracted to guys around the 12 mark. Then at 13 I decided that I was bi.

Well you've got lots of time to decide what you want :)

I always knew.

I can totally remember when I was little and used to get the "feelings" when looking at another man's body.

Of course, I started to realized at the age of 8-10 what it really meant. ;)

Looking back on it, I was always attracted to boys and men, but I was also raised Catholic in the 1970's by parents a generation older than most other kids my age. I was in very deep denial for a long time, and the only thing I allowed myself to know was that I was somehow different and that that difference was somehow a bad thing. Everything else was utterly sublimated. The light bulb didn't go off for me until I was almost 21 and a friend came out to me. As soon as he said it, it was like this blinding revelation. I said all the right supportive things to him as we were talking, but inside I was thinking, "Oh my god. That's me too! I'm gay!"

First off, you need to know that I was a Baptist raised teenager during the late 1940's and into the 50's. Gay was an unknown factor through and into the 60's. I had just finished 5 years in the Air Force and returned home when a friend dragged me into a "homo" bar.

At that point I was 25/26 years old and had no idea that I was 'one of those guys' that gave out candy to young boys: not that I ever did that -- more a metaphor. I had just gone completely through puberty, never realising that my 'attraction to guys' was, in fact, equal to the candy guy.

So my friend had dragged me into this 'homo' bar' and I realised, as I entered, I had just come home! I was one of these guys. At that point I realized that I wasn't alone -- other guys enjoyed this too. I'll never forget that moment.

I had lost 13 years of "adolescence" at that point and I still wish today, that thing's had been different.

You younger guys have a walk in the park today~~~~~!

Hugs

the first time I was in a homo bar I was terrified. Not only I was scared of a police raid on the people there, but all those men with gay manners scared me a lot.

It that does not mean that I had not any gay experience. Well, sometimes I felt excited in the beach while watching a horny boy with a nice bulge.

Other of my experiences were, that I was often wooed by some horny males, when we were alone chatting or walking. I loved to chat alone with another male. Then, when he started to woo me I was easily driven to do him some service. But they very rarely reciprocated. They mostly ignored that I had also a male organ that craved for attention.

Why some males wooed me? Perhaps they were aware of some signs, like my mild manners, my polite way of speech, my soft ways, and... the main sign was that I had a girlish face that made me look like ten years younger. But in my life I never identified myself as a gay... but in secret. For being gay was not a permanent feature of my mind. I do not often had gay fantasies. Most of all, the gay in me awakened when I was watching a young manly guy that show some horniness in the form of a bulge. In other cases, I got excited after a while of being wooed by a manly and kind guy that was speaking to me nicely. I could not resist as he caressed me discreetly for a while, or by his insistence on asking me to help him on his state of need. But this was not a permanent feature of my mind, for sometimes, I had fantasies about a girl I liked, or something. It was after I had a good job that I felt more sure with girls. If I had never found a good job I would never think of marrying at all. Then, when I got one, I started to look for a girlfriend to marry. When I found one, I married her after in three or four months. Once I was married I had not any more sexual gay experiences.

A kind of curious feeling, from being about 7/8 years old I found myself "admiring" other boys.

I sort of shrugged it off and altho the admiring NEVER stopped I led a hetro-life. My first homosexual experience was not until I was about 28 years old.

Very late, MUCH too late out of the closet, fear mainly kept me within.

At 42 years of age I BUST out, escaped from my security and into the unknown........

Naturally there have been some regrets, the main one being that I had been so stupid to bottle up my feelings.

However it is much easier nowadays, we are much more accepted in society...

Fear of the consequences of getting caught in the UK in the 1950's must have made life hell for many more than just me.

Pabz

A kind of curious feeling, from being about 7/8 years old I found myself "admiring" other boys.

I sort of shrugged it off and altho the admiring NEVER stopped I led a hetro-life. My first homosexual experience was not until I was about 28 years old.

Very late, MUCH too late out of the closet, fear mainly kept me within.

At 42 years of age I BUST out, escaped from my security and into the unknown........

Naturally there have been some regrets, the main one being that I had been so stupid to bottle up my feelings.

However it is much easier nowadays, we are much more accepted in society...

Fear of the consequences of getting caught in the UK in the 1950's must have made life hell for many more than just me.

Pabz

I didn't know that the UK was like this in the 50s...

I cannot remember now the date that homosexuality was made legal in BritaIn. Punishable by imprisonment until the law was changed.

28 July 1967

Sexual Offences Act 1967

The Sexual Offences Act 1967 was accordingly passed. It maintained the general prohibitions between men, but provided for a limited decriminalisation of homosexual acts where three conditions were fulfilled. Those conditions were that the act had to be consensual, take place in private and involve only people that had attained the age of 21. This was a higher age of consent than that for heterosexual acts, which was set at 16. Further, "in private" limited participation in an act to two people. This condition was interpreted strictly by the courts, which took it to exclude acts taking place in a room in a hotel, for example, and in private homes where a third person was present (even if that person was in a different room).

The 1967 Act extended only to England and Wales, and not to Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, where all homosexual behaviour remained illegal.

Provide a limited protection from prosecution, although it was believed this did not stop harassment, blackmail and extortion , by the Obscene Publication Squad at West End Central.

Edited by Red_A

I realized when i was in the second grade, it started when i noticed a certain lack of understanding about girls. By third grade i would only hand out around guys and by fifth grade i had figured out what it was that was happening to me. so I was around 9 when i first figured it out but around 11 did i actually know what it was. My husband on the other hand didn't start getting attracted to guys until he was 20, he was a confused fellow.

Cailen

• Like 1

I realized when i was in the second grade, it started when i noticed a certain lack of understanding about girls. By third grade i would only hand out around guys and by fifth grade i had figured out what it was that was happening to me. so I was around 9 when i first figured it out but around 11 did i actually know what it was. My husband on the other hand didn't start getting attracted to guys until he was 20, he was a confused fellow.

Cailen

For some wierd reason I get along better with str8 guys than gay ones...hmm...

I probably discovered I liked looking at guys when I was like 8 or 9 watching wrestling. Looking back now, the muscled men attracted me, though weirdly now I can't stand wrestling now and I don't go for overly muscled guys, of course I had no idea what "gay" or "homosexuality" was.

But, it wasn't until 13/14 when I actually found out that there was a word for it.

For me, I never really noticed for a long time. Before I actually met my now boyfriend I never really didn't know whether I was a straight or a gay (or a bi) person. I never did seem to find either sex to be particularly more attractive than the other. I'm 20 now, and it was 18 that I finally found out, and that I found my boyfriend all at the same time. Was a busy busy year that one.

I led a pretty sheltered life in my childhood, so I actually didn't know what 'gay' was. I realized I was sexually attracted to guys about as soon as I hit puberty, but I still assumed that I would marry a girl some day. A little bit after that I realized I wasn't attracted to girls at all, and thought that that could become a problem. The wonders of the internet showed me that it was not a problem at all.

I probably discovered I liked looking at guys when I was like 8 or 9 watching wrestling. Looking back now, the muscled men attracted me, though weirdly now I can't stand wrestling now and I don't go for overly muscled guys, of course I had no idea what "gay" or "homosexuality" was.

But, it wasn't until 13/14 when I actually found out that there was a word for it.

That was kind of the same thing for me, like I knew I was into guys but didn't realize what that meant till I was 16. Always been into blonde guys though since I was a little kid ha ha. When I was 8 I made our babysitter take us to the hot tub so after I could see him naked. Clearly not one of my brighter moments <blushes>