So, I figured, we have a thread for funny stuff to by copypasta'd, why not get a thread going for creepypasta? Post any scary stories/images and the like you have :)

I think though it would be good to lay some ground rules that we should avoid gore/extreme gore, especially when it's "real". No need to post pictures of people in little bits and whatnot, gotta be more creative than that! In text form I'd say it's probably not a huge issue.

Also, I recommend reading late at night, alone xD

Young readers and the squeamish beware! I'll start things off :P

The Other Watcher

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. She explained that it was a storeroom, and that it was out of bounds. She reminded him of this several times before allowing him upstairs. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. However the insistence of the woman had piqued his curiosity, so the next night he walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye.

What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was incredibly pale. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while, was this a celebrity? The owners daughter? He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. As he was still looking, the woman turned sharply and he jumped back from the door, hoping she would not suspect he had been spying on her. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red. He felt embarrassed that he had made the woman so uncomfortable, and hoped she had not made a complaint with the woman on the front desk.

At this point he decided to consult her for more information. After some gentle quizzing and the promise that the explanation would go no further than him she finally said "Well, I might as well tell you the story of what happened in that room. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in there, we find that even now, people get uncomfortable staying there. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red."

Upstairs

When I was a child my family moved to a big old two-floor house, with big empty rooms and creaking floorboards. Both my parents worked so I was often alone when I came home from school. One early evening when I came home the house was still dark. I called out, "Mum?" and heard her sing song voice say "Yeeeeees?" from upstairs. I called her again as I climbed the stairs to see which room she was in, and again got the same "Yeeeeees?" reply. We were decorating at the time, and I didn't know my way around the maze of rooms but she was in one of the far ones, right down the hall. I felt uneasy, but I figured that was only natural so I rushed forward to see my mum, knowing that her presence would calm my fears, as a mother's presence always does. Just as I reached for the handle of the door to let myself in to the room I heard the front door downstairs open and my mother call "Sweetie, are you home?" in a cheery voice. I jumped back, startled and ran down the stairs to her, but as I glanced back from the top of the stairs, the door to the room slowly opened a crack. For a brief moment, I saw something strange in there, and I don't know what it was, but it was staring at me.

Last one for today!

Genetic Memory

Many classic horror icons, such as Geger’s xenomorphs, Silent Hill’s Pyramid Head, and other disturbing creatures, share common characteristics. Pale skin, dark, sunken eyes, elongated faces, sharp teeth, and the like. These images inspire horror and revulsion in many, and with good reason. The characteristics shared by these faces are imprinted in the human mind.Many things frighten humans instinctively. The fear is natural, and does not need to be reinforced in order to terrify. The fears are species-wide, stemming from dark times in the past when lightning could mean the burning of your tree home, thunder could be the approaching gallops of a stampede, predators could hide in darkness, and heights could make poor footing lethal.

The question you have to ask yourself is this:

What happened, deep in the hidden eras before history began, that could effect the entire human race so evenly as to give the entire species a deep, instinctual, and lasting fear of pale beings with dark, sunken eyes, razor sharp teeth, and elongated faces?

… Just be careful out there.

Edited by Skyline
  • Like 1

A children's story, from our supper table growing up:

When Dad was in medical school, the cadavers were stored in an open, brick-lined pit without any parapet. Returning to his lab late one night, the building was dark, as usual. As he made his way down the hall, he heard the most mournful, fearful cry. Sobbing, a voice cried out in anguish, "Hellppp me pleeease! Oh Lord, won't someone hellppppp me pleeeease?!"

Dad grabbed something heavy and went to find the source of the voice. Every once in a while, the voice would cry out again, or let out a blood-curdling scream. Finally, he found the room where the cadavers were stored, and turned on the light. What he discovered was the night janitor, who had ventured too close to the open pit, stepped on a wet spot, and fallen into the pit. In his struggles, the cadavers bobbed and bumped into the janitor, in the dark, causing him to scream in absolute terror each time.

The janitor was rescued and ran from the building, screaming all the way, and was never heard from again.

When Dad was in medical school, the cadavers were stored in an open, brick-lined pit without any parapet. Returning to his lab late one night, the building was dark, as usual. As he made his way down the hall, he heard the most mournful, fearful cry. Sobbing, a voice cried out in anguish, "Hellppp me pleeease! Oh Lord, won't someone hellppppp me pleeeease?!"

Dad grabbed something heavy and went to find the source of the voice. Every once in a while, the voice would cry out again, or let out a blood-curdling scream. Finally, he found the room where the cadavers were stored, and turned on the light. What he discovered was the night janitor, who had ventured too close to the open pit, stepped on a wet spot, and fallen into the pit. In his struggles, the cadavers bobbed and bumped into the janitor, in the dark, causing him to scream in absolute terror each time.

The janitor was rescued and ran from the building, screaming all the way, and was never heard from again.

Maybe I'm just sick but I love this story. I laughed so hard I almost pee myself! :lol:

When he was 7, my dog, Buddy, got left outside, while I went to get something to eat. I got delayed, and a sudden thunderstorm came up, with the loudest thunder I'd ever heard. I'd got home to find Buddy gone, escaped from the back yard. I combed the neighborhood, made some calls, and after 3 hours, I found him, terrified and uncertain who I was. He'd been struck by lightning - I found scorch marks on a tree trunk in the yard. From that day on, whenever the thunder struck, that dog would pace and finally cower under my legs - a dog that was otherwise absolutely fearless. At 85#, he had little to fear, since he was strong and agile all his life.

For months after he died, at 16, sometimes when the house got quiet, I swore I could hear toenails on the hardwood floors, clicking from room to room. This was always accompanied by a sense of presence that made several people's hair stand on end. Then one black night, a storm rolled in, and the lightning started in the distance, soundlessly stabbing the ground on the horizon. The storm got closer, and with it, the sense of presence in the house. As the rumbling closed in, we started to hear the clicking. It grew louder each time the thunder pealed. Finally, an enormous rumble and explosion of thunder shook the house to about 15 seconds, and the clicking became frantic, seeming to run from room to room.

Suddenly, the lights blazed bright, and a transformer exploded on the light pole outside, leaving the house in absolute darkness, and we heard a sound - a great, weighty sigh, and a sort of settling, like an animal lying down, followed by another sigh, coming from the living room. We thought it was Rachel, our other dog, but when we turned on a flashlight, we found her settled in the bed, fast asleep. In the living room, we found a fresh puddle.

So, I figured, we have a thread for funny stuff to by copypasta'd, why not get a thread going for creepypasta? Post any scary stories/images and the like you have :)

I think though it would be good to lay some ground rules that we should avoid gore/extreme gore, especially when it's "real". No need to post pictures of people in little bits and whatnot, gotta be more creative than that! In text form I'd say it's probably not a huge issue.

Also, I recommend reading late at night, alone xD

Young readers and the squeamish beware! I'll start things off :P

Last one for today!

Those creatures you were talking about... well I know what they were :P And they weren't vampires :) :)

Maybe I'm just sick but I love this story. I laughed so hard I almost pee myself! :lol:

HAHA Me too :funny:

You guys could be great horror writers. Ghosts, haunting sounds, and what falls into the category of demons.

I love what you guys have on here; I want to read more.

At the end of WWII, a young serviceman was assigned the duty of accompanying the remains of American servicemen killed in action. They were to be flown back from Nagasaki on a military plane. He was to ride in the cargo bay, and the remains were laid out, covered with sheets, side by side by side. This was the young man's first military assignment, and although slightly nervous about being so near the dead, he plucked up his courage and boarded the aircraft. After the flight crew checked up on him, making sure he was properly belted in and secure, they began preparing for the flight, and closed and secured the cockpit.

The young serviceman glanced around, took a deep breath, and sighed. The aircraft began to slowly rumble down the runway, building up speed, and the serviceman, seeking to calm his nerves, lit up a cigarette as the aircraft took off. Soon, he put out the cigarette as the plane climbed. His ears popped, and he began to hear a low sound, building to a moan, which seemd to come from several places at once. Seeking the source, he unbuckled himself and began to move around the cargo bay. He soon discovered the sound seemed to come from the bodies. Thinking a ghastly mistake had been made, he knelt beside one of the bodies. He was reaching to turn down the sheet, when, of a sudden, the body sat up, and the sheet fell away, followed by another and another, as the moans continued.

The man started to his feet and ran to the door of the cockpit, only to find it locked. He pounded on the door, screaming at the top of his lungs, finally releasing his bowels and collapsing on the floor of the cargo bay, unconscious.

Inside the cockpit, the crew heard the screams, and looked at one another, stifling their laughter. As the screams died, the crew could no longer contain themselves, as their mirth turned to raucous cackling. They were still chuckling, hours later, when the plane touched down on U.S. soil.

After the plane landed, the crew got off, leaaving the young serviceman still unconscious, still laughing softly to themselves. The ground crew boarded the plane, and found and revived the young man, lying in his own filth. He began to blather on and on about the living dead, while the ground crew smiled and snickered.

As the young man turned more hysterical, finally, the ground crew explained to him what had happened. The aircraft they had flown in did not have a pressurized cabin. As it climbed, the air pressure in the cabin dropped. The air pressure in the lungs of the dead men began to escape, moving across the vocal cords of the dead men, causing them to moan. The change in air pressure also caused some of the lifeless bodies to sit up.

The crews had encountered this phenomenon numerous times, and found it fun to assign the duty of accompanying the remains to the youngest, greenest, most impressionable serviceman available.

Edited by eon

Here's a couple:

Creepy

There was a mass murder. Policemen went to investigate. Trying not to tread on the bodies, they took pictures of each one. One policemen saw something on the opposite wall but he couldn't read it. He walks over to it and sees the numbers "7734" in calculator form, written in blood. When taking pictures of this, he turned his camera upside-down and told an approaching police officer. When he pointed with the hand that the camera was in, he accidentally took a picture of the upside-down numbers. He was about to delete the picture when he realized something. The numbers were now a word. The word was "hELL."

Macabre:

There was a couple in Scotland who had just moved into an old castle. It wasn't long before they decided to empty out the wine cellar. They found a large barrel of brandy. They tried moving it and even got a few friends to help, but they couldn't budge it. In the end, they decided to have a housewarming party and give glasses of brandy out to empty the barrel and make it easier to move. A few days after the party, they went into the cellar and tried to move the barrel again. It still wouldn't move. The husband got his saw in order to cut it into smaller pieces and they cut off the top of the barrel. Inside was a dead body and they had drank the brandy that had preserved it.