Share your Pareidolia pictures

hh5

• Site Administrator

Okay, here is from the freaky file :P

Here is a picture of my car after they removed me from it in an accident 3 years ago....

InternetExplorerWallpaper_zps675b9ad9.pn

A couple of months ago I was looking at it and I saw this freaky image in it:

ab05efd7-baa8-48f3-85ec-d3747036a067_zps

This is just to the right of where the steering column was. Helps to look at it from the right or left, not as clear straight on.

Freaky, eh :)

Edited by wildone
  • Like 1

• Site Administrator

I had to crawl under the railing and hang over the edge a little, holding my arms out and risking dropping my camera  (this was a 3 stage waterfall down the cliff at varied angles) but I couldn't resist the angle this shot gave the composition of the rock.

26938360-faf0-405d-9314-e4895fdc3908_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Westminster Bridge, London, England (not St. Peter's Basilica as was stated when it was passed around).

WestminsterBridge_London_England_02.jpg

Here are links that give a different view.

http://www.italynews.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/westminster-bridge.jpg

http://www.filmapia.com/sites/default/files/filmapia/pub/place/london%20westminster%20bridge.jpg

I think it's fascinating what light, shadow and our imaginations make us see. Unfortunately in recent years, it's light, shadow, imagination and photoshop, which makes us doubt what is "naturally" occurring vs computer manipulated.

I know this has been around for awhile but I think it's a good example of how architects need to analyze their work in all angles and lighting. I just wish I had noticed it when I was there. I guess my perspective and the lighting must not have been right.

Edited by rockyroads
  • Like 4

Westminster Bridge, London, England (not St. Peter's Basilica as was stated when it was passed around).

Here are links that give a different view.

http://www.italynews.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/westminster-bridge.jpg

http://www.filmapia.com/sites/default/files/filmapia/pub/place/london%20westminster%20bridge.jpg

I think it's fascinating what light, shadow and our imaginations make us see. Unfortunately in recent years, it's light, shadow, imagination and photoshop, which makes us doubt what is "naturally" occurring vs computer manipulated.

I know this has been around for awhile but I think it's a good example of how architects need to analyze their work in all angles and lighting. I just wish I had noticed it when I was there. I guess my perspective and the lighting must not have been right.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I've run out of Likes :P

Seriously, though, this is an architectural motif called a trefoil - to represent the Trinity - which is commonly incorporated by architects to reference 800 years of use in religious buildings in the UK like this one at Salisbury cathedral

image383.jpg

and I guess the design software they used when this bridge was built around 1860 didn't check for naughty shadow effects  :P:D

• Site Administrator

Badlands Guardian, Medicine Hat Alberta Canada

The%2BBadlands%2BGuardian.JPG

Okay, this is freaky. I lived right beside this for 3 years and never heard or saw anything about it :P

And.....speaking of freaky, the car accident with the demon face coming out of it happened probably 50 kms from this site :o

Edited by wildone

Seriously, though, this is an architectural motif called a trefoil - to represent the Trinity - which is commonly incorporated by architects to reference 800 years of use in religious buildings in the UK like this one at Salisbury cathedral and I guess the design software they used when this bridge was built around 1860 didn't check for naughty shadow effects  :P:D

Well that makes sense now.  The trefoil designed by men to represent the Triinity, the resulting "naughty shadow effect," and how men really love to worship their own... ummmm... "trinity." :whistle:

Can you imagine trying to take in all visual possibilities even with today's software.  Overwhelming!

Okay, this is freaky. I lived right beside this for 3 years and never heard or saw anything about it :P

And.....speaking of freaky, the car accident with the demon face coming out of it happened probably 50 kms from this site :o

It's enough to give one the shivers.

Unfortunately in recent years, it's light, shadow, imagination and photoshop, which makes us doubt what is "naturally" occurring vs computer manipulated.

Those penii just looked too good (yummy in fact :lol:) so I've done some checking. Sly was right to be suspicious - I'm pretty certain they've been slightly shopped - although there really wasn't any need to as this is apparently how they actually appear :P

DSC00693.jpg

The two pages of this amusing thread explain all

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=52983