Gay Country Song

methodwriter85

I got asked so I answered. Johnny Cash is the only exception...

Wow, out of all the exceptions you could have chosen you picked one of the biggest frauds in all of Country Music history. That's just my opinion, that said you are entitled to yours. 

Wow, out of all the exceptions you could have chosen you picked one of the biggest frauds in all of Country Music history. That's just my opinion, that said you are entitled to yours. 

I think the masses would disagree with you, but thats just me. *shrugs*

Not for nothing but the masses think Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood are country singers. ;-)  Again, just my opinion, and what do I know, I'm Italian.

Good point. Taylor Swift is basically the Justin Bieber of of country. Maybe even worse. And what does being Italian have to do with anything?

• Like 1

Good point. Taylor Swift is basically the Justin Bieber of of country. Maybe even worse. And what does being Italian have to do with anything?

Yo! You know Italians only like Disco and Opera!

And....*drumroll*......country music still sucks. 

(maybe I'm biased because I was surrounded by country music loving hicks growing up). 

I like country music. Does that make me a "country music loving hick" or not?

I like country music. Does that make me a "country music loving hick" or not?

Nope. My correlation was the opposite. Hicks almost always tend to be country music fans (and I've rarely come across an exception to this rule).

I have to agree with Matt.  Country music, regardless of how attracted to penis the artist is, is terrible.  It's worse than rap, and that's really saying something.

Nope. My correlation was the opposite. Hicks almost always tend to be country music fans (and I've rarely come across an exception to this rule).

Ah again you speak out of your ass my dear. Throw in a few vague words like "almost always" and "tend" and you don't think you're stereotyping, but you are. Just shows the level of real thought you put into most of your posts. 

• Like 1

Ah again you speak out of your ass my dear. Throw in a few vague words like "almost always" and "tend" and you don't think you're stereotyping, but you are. Just shows the level of real thought you put into most of your posts. 

To put my correlation in simpleton terms: Almost all hicks are country music fans, but not all country music fans are hicks. Is that simple enough for you?

Country music has always been associated with backcountry living, and it embraces the whole redneck identity. An identity that I, quite frankly, can't stand and find trashy.

Edited by TetRefine

• Site Administrator

Okay you two, go to your corners for a 10 minute time out :P

Really?

I have to agree with Matt.  Country music, regardless of how attracted to penis the artist is, is terrible.  It's worse than rap, and that's really saying something.

Not all rap and hip-hop is bad, dude. MIA's Paper Planes is a badass song, and Rage Against the Machine's Killing in the Name is still one of the best tunes pretty much ever. Oh, and Peaches. Peaches has made some magnificent rap songs, none of which it would be appropriate to link to. :P

the guy was pretty cute, nice butt, and i feel bad for the video him. 

...Guys, can we all agree to let haters hate and bygones be bygones?  :music: is  :music:, so do we really have to argue about this(and please dont play the devils advocate and say yes just to tick other people off)?

Funny...there's always this battle between country and non-country music fans like between political parties or religions. Here's the deal, country music is not just a genre it's a culture, and it isn't terrible. No music is inherently bad, as long as there are people who like it and a lot of people like country. You not liking something doesn't make it bad. The reality is that your opinion and your self-established perceptions have zero weight with those who have different ones and attempts to reduce a specific music genre simply for that reason isn't going to do anything but embarrass yourself by having people think you're an arrogant idiot. 

I love country more than any other genre of music and it's what I can listen to in any mood. Being able to truly enjoy country is a lifestyle and cultural thing around these parts and the people I get along with best tend to fall inline with similar interests, and not-surprisingly none of us are "hicks". Relationship wise, I won't date anyone long-term who doesn't like country music...sorry, there's something grossly not compatible there.

Edited by Y_B
  • Like 2

There's a fantastic quote from The Blues Brothers, where they're going to play at Bob's Country Bunker and they ask what kind of music they generally have there, and the lady replies, 'Oh, we have both kinds. Country AND western!'

I don't particularly like country as a genre, BUT, as with pretty much every other genre out there I am always able to find at least one song that I really enjoy for whatever reason. I try to listen to the merit of the music and not get caught up in genre. So, there's good hip hop, good country, good pop, good skate-punk, good nu-metal, good rap-core and good whatever other genre people seem to get up in arms about.

Now, as a peace offering, I give you Hugo's blue-grass cover of Jay-z's 99 Problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmy113gMds0

I found that song and video to be really sad....(the first one on the topic)

Funny...there's always this battle between country and non-country music fans like between political parties or religions. Here's the deal, country music is not just a genre it's a culture, and it isn't terrible. No music is inherently bad, as long as there are people who like it and a lot of people like country. You not liking something doesn't make it bad. The reality is that your opinion and your self-established perceptions have zero weight with those who have different ones and attempts to reduce a specific music genre simply for that reason isn't going to do anything but embarrass yourself by having people think you're an arrogant idiot. 

I love country more than any other genre of music and it's what I can listen to in any mood. Being able to truly enjoy country is a lifestyle and cultural thing around these parts and the people I get along with best tend to fall inline with similar interests, and not-surprisingly none of us are "hicks". Relationship wise, I won't date anyone long-term who doesn't like country music...sorry, there's something grossly not compatible there.

Well I like most music in general, Country, Rock, Jazz, Classical.... only ones I don't like are Dub-step and Rap...

however my ex coworker used to say: turn off that Country, my wife left me, my dog died music crap...

He was kinda right though most country songs are kinda sad things having to do with people either dieing or leaving you, or you leaving them.... OR they're love songs...

He was kinda right though most country songs are kinda sad things having to do with people either dieing or leaving you, or you leaving them.... OR they're love songs...

Educate yourself

Country music is a song surrounding a story of some sort for the most part. All of those things happen to people.  Same thing with Poetry, usually poets don't write what they don't know or haven't experienced... Rock has a lot of love and love lost and death ballads as well, so does Punk, and about every genre out there, the approach is just different. So really, I never understood that argument, "turn off that shit because that's all there is..." when really throughout music that's all there is. :P 

• Like 1

Rock has a lot of love and love lost and death ballads as well, so does Punk, and about every genre out there, the approach is just different. 

I would argue that you can't really call it punk unless it has a political message. Not that you can't have political songs that contain love stories, I'm just saying that if it's got sappy lovey-dovey lyrics it's not really punk no matter how fast the drums are. :P

Edited by Thorn Wilde