Would you buy luxury Underwear?

hh5

http://www.refinedguy.com/2013/03/22/9-ridiculously-expensive-pairs-of-mens-luxury-underwear/

http://www.tigerunderwearstore.com/MensUnderwearCatalog.html

Would you buy expensive underwear that really made in asia that cost under a dollar to make?

Would enticing underwear usage pictures get you to subscribe to ridiculously expensive luxury-underwear?

How much did you pay for the underwear you’re wearing right now? $5? $10? Do you even know? Well you may or may not be aware of the new trend of luxury underwear, where brands are charging anywhere from thirty, to forty, all the way up to a hundred dollars for a single pair!

Trust me, even if I were desperate to hook up, I don't think expensive underwear would make the difference.  Other than bragging rights or to use as a status symbol of how successful you are, what's the point? 

I like the idea of buying US-made underwear, so I might give the one brand a try. If the quality is as good as they claim, they may outlast other brands, making them worth the extra money. Besides, trunk styles are not that common, and I find them the most comfortable length.

but what if the date runs off if he find out yer wearing walmart irregular undies

lol, what about the bragging rights of the designer and owner of the brand who laugh their way to the bank

Trust me, even if I were desperate to hook up, I don't think expensive underwear would make the difference.  Other than bragging rights or to use as a status symbol of how successful you are, what's the point? 

Edited by hh5

Well, women have been buying expensive underwear for years. Guess it's the menfolk's turn. :P

I honestly don't care what underwear I wear. I mean, come on, who's gonna see it? And if you're already in bed with someone, it's not like they're gonna kick you out when they get your trousers off and find your undies aren't fancy and expensive.

Edited by Thorn Wilde

Exactly.  I don't know if underwear on guys works the same way...?

Well, one of the thingies in the first link was kind of like push-up underwear from what I understood... Adding support and enhancing shape. :P

As a woman I feel that is it important to share my thoughts. Panties are great if you have someone to look at them. Bras on the other hand, I would spend 100 on a bra. Panties? Not while I'm single lol.

Exactly this. I can go out and buy a normal, everyday bra for £50-£60 without flinching, as long as its pretty and structurally sound, and i know its gonna last for a long enough time :P more if its for a special occasion.

If im in a relationship, a matching set you could be looking at anything up to £100 - £150 without it being unreasonable, if you are going for the well known, good quality makes like Agent Provocateur. Its not always how you look on the outside, but its how it makes you feel as well :P i know very few people who are gonna be up for getting down and dirty wearing a grey bra that used to be white, and bridget jones underpants (although if you can do this and still feel sexy and confident, kudos to you haha)

That said, while youre single i find its often time to crack out the cheap underwear which was pretty much made for being a couch potato :P

Exactly this. I can go out and buy a normal, everyday bra for £50-£60 without flinching, as long as its pretty and structurally sound, and i know its gonna last for a long enough time :P more if its for a special occasion.

If im in a relationship, a matching set you could be looking at anything up to £100 - £150 without it being unreasonable, if you are going for the well known, good quality makes like Agent Provocateur. Its not always how you look on the outside, but its how it makes you feel as well :P i know very few people who are gonna be up for getting down and dirty wearing a grey bra that used to be white, and bridget jones underpants (although if you can do this and still feel sexy and confident, kudos to you haha)

That said, while youre single i find its often time to crack out the cheap underwear which was pretty much made for being a couch potato :P

I actually think it's kind of sad that society puts that kind of pressure on women... I understand the whole how it makes you feel aspect, but the idea that you need to have fancy, expensive, special underwear to woo someone, like it's expected... I mean, you're gonna be naked for the actual act anyway. If it makes you feel confident and happy, then all the more power to you, but I can almost guarantee that 99% of guys aren't going to care what underwear you're wearing as long as you take it off. :P

• Like 1

Exactly this. I can go out and buy a normal, everyday bra for £50-£60 without flinching, as long as its pretty and structurally sound

I had my house checked for this before I bought it ... :lol:

I mean, you're gonna be naked for the actual act anyway.

Not necessarily ... :P

Weird side note on this topic (I work with a bunch of girls and have heard them discussing this topic before) They said they wear their best and prettiest underthingies when they go to their Gynecologist appointments, which is weird because they are naked for the exam and the doctor never sees it.  I've been told that it makes them feel better wearing their best/favorite/most expensive undergarments even if they aren't seen. :)

• Like 1

I had my house checked for this before I bought it ... :lol:

Ill bet you did, houses arent the only things that will suffer from subsidence :P as you get older, things like boobs often head south for the winter, especially if you are blessed with the watermelon variety instead of the fried eggs  :lol:  I ride horses a lot so i would much rather make sure I'm not going to knock myself out with my own chest in my day to day life, while still looking feminine, because i do like to feel like a girl every now and again :ph34r:

I actually think it's kind of sad that society puts that kind of pressure on women... I understand the whole how it makes you feel aspect, but the idea that you need to have fancy, expensive, special underwear to woo someone, like it's expected... I mean, you're gonna be naked for the actual act anyway. If it makes you feel confident and happy, then all the more power to you, but I can almost guarantee that 99% of guys aren't going to care what underwear you're wearing as long as you take it off. :P

this is true - but that will raise the debate of society putting pressure on EVERYONE, not only women but men as well, to change how they look. The current fashion where i am currently is that hip bones MUST be visible - since the prior fashion was curves, a lot of my friends have commenced a total crash diet in order to be what is 'expected'.

When seducing a man you have to feel sexy, and if often helps if you look it too :lol: but lets just say that once the equipment is up and ready to go, i don't care much what im wearing either :evil:0:)

Edited by Never Surrender
  • Like 1

this is true - but that will raise the debate of society putting pressure on EVERYONE, not only women but men as well, to change how they look. The current fashion where i am currently is that hip bones MUST be visible - since the prior fashion was curves, a lot of my friends have commenced a total crash diet in order to be what is 'expected'.

When seducing a man you have to feel sexy, and if often helps if you look it too :lol: but lets just say that once the equipment is up and ready to go, i don't care much what im wearing either :evil:0:)

It's true that society puts pressure on all of us, but it still seems to me that as far as appearance is concerned, ladies still have it harder. A guy can mostly get away with not caring so much (and a lot of the time, the less he seems like he cares, the better, even though it's ultimately expected of him to put a lot of time and effort into the 'I don't really care' look). It's much harder for a girl. See, for instance, interviews with actresses vs. interviews with actors. Robert Downey Jr. gets asked about how he approached the role of Tony Stark while Scarlett Johansson get asked about what kind of diet and training regimen she was on to get fit for playing Black Widow. 

Okay, I'm gonna stop now before I get political. :P

that will raise the debate of society putting pressure on EVERYONE, not only women but men as well, to change how they look. The current fashion where i am currently is that hip bones MUST be visible - since the prior fashion was curves, a lot of my friends have commenced a total crash diet in order to be what is 'expected'.

When seducing a man you have to feel sexy, and if often helps if you look it too :lol:

Well I do know this is a healthy full figure that is beautiful and sexy

lane_bryant--300x300.jpg

... and this is malnourishment :P

Miranda+Kerr+for+VS+Lingerie+December+20

So come on girls, ignore the fascist fashionistas' stick insect fetish and bring back the curves

But, hey, what do I know - I'm just a gay guy :lol:

• Like 1

Well I do know this is a healthy full figure that is beautiful and sexy

lane_bryant--300x300.jpg

... and this is malnourishment :P

Miranda+Kerr+for+VS+Lingerie+December+20

So come on girls, ignore the fascist fashionistas' stick insect fetish and bring back the curves

But, hey, what do I know - I'm just a gay guy :lol:

id just love to see your search history at this point, if you have an OH (i dont know whether you do or not) they are going to be so confused :P

i think continuing this thread of discussion would be treading towards off topic, but in my peer group at the very least, the 2nd photo is where people are aiming for at the biggest. On the bright side, the second model has really nice underwear :lmao:

Hey, as long as you're reasonably healthy, it really shouldn't matter how you look. Skinny-shaming is no better than fat-shaming, IMO, and I've known plenty of girls who have roughly the same figure as the second model and are entirely healthy. All body-types are a-ok in my book.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1

But health is the whole point. And this is where the fashion industry has a lot to answer for. Fashion is hugely influential, especially with impressionable teens, and its "size zero" infatuation has been malign.

"Eliana Ramos, 18, who worked for a prestigious Argentine modelling agency, was found dead in her bedroom. Six months ago her sister Luisel suffered a fatal heart attack during a catwalk show, having reportedly eaten nothing but lettuce leaves for three months.

Eliana is also said to have had a heart attack, and local media in Uruguay, south America, linked her death to anorexia. A source involved in the investigation into the teenager's death said: "The primary diagnosis is death due to symptoms of malnutrition.""

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1542707/Sister-of-tragic-size-zero-model-found-dead.html

But health is the whole point. And this is where the fashion industry has a lot to answer for. Fashion is hugely influential, especially with impressionable teens, and its "size zero" infatuation has been malign.

"Eliana Ramos, 18, who worked for a prestigious Argentine modelling agency, was found dead in her bedroom. Six months ago her sister Luisel suffered a fatal heart attack during a catwalk show, having reportedly eaten nothing but lettuce leaves for three months.

Eliana is also said to have had a heart attack, and local media in Uruguay, south America, linked her death to anorexia. A source involved in the investigation into the teenager's death said: "The primary diagnosis is death due to symptoms of malnutrition.""

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1542707/Sister-of-tragic-size-zero-model-found-dead.html

Oh, all this is definitely true. All I'm saying is that you can't necessarily tell from a person's appearance whether they're healthy or not. A person can be chubby-looking but still be in perfect shape, while another can look super-skinny and eat like a horse. The fashion industry should cater to people of all shapes and sizes, and that includes the tiny ones as well. I just get pissed off when people have a go at skinny people as thought it's somehow better to shame someone for being thin than it is to shame them for being fat.

I just get pissed off when people have a go at skinny people as thought it's somehow better to shame someone for being thin than it is to shame them for being fat.

Who is having "a go at skinny people"?

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1

I have my favorite underwear, and then I have sleeping underwear.  I'm not skinny, but not fat, by any means.  Everyone likes nice undies, regardless of their size.   In face, I was such a tomboy when I married my hubby, he was amazed at my obsession with undies.  I'll never forget when my daughter was six or so, the minister from the local church paid us a call. My hubby and I were sitting at the table, drinking coffee, and I had served the preacher cake that I had baked earlier.  He said, " We all had things that we love, and you both seem happy.  I'd love to see you at church."  Me nor my husband said anything.  My daughter piped up and said," yeah, my mom has 300 pair of underwear, and cleaned her dresser out yesterday.  It was funny as hell.  The preacher left.

• Like 2

Panties are panties to me.  Because I am single, I DO have to have a certain amount of 'special' panties.  Like when I'm wearing yoga pants or a slinky dress that don't show my panty lines.  That's really about as special as they get.  Lol.

I really don't want to get into body image, so I won't, lol.