as you know this thread is a non-sensational, information resource on these creatures. Posts are in no way intended to cause alarm, or scare you, or give you nightmares.

It's all about giving you facts to help you. When you meet them. Especially in confined spaces. Where your options may be limited. Like in a car [see Val's status update today].

Because they have eight legs, and fat hairy bodies and lots of eyes. And they move very fast.

So here's another helpful news update

"Spider Horror - Man squashes spider, explodes into tiny little spiders"

http://pulse.ng/viral/spider-horror-man-squashes-spider-explodes-into-tiny-little-spiders-id3683639.html

:blink:  OMG I think I'll think twice now before smaching a spider... If my arachnophobe brain let me the time to do so cause we know how it goes... spider =} crazy reaction 

• Like 2

as you know this thread is a non-sensational, information resource on these creatures. Posts are in no way intended to cause alarm, or scare you, or give you nightmares.

It's all about giving you facts to help you. When you meet them. Especially in confined spaces. Where your options may be limited. Like in a car [see Val's status update today].

Because they have eight legs, and fat hairy bodies and lots of eyes. And they move very fast.

So here's another helpful news update

http://pulse.ng/viral/spider-horror-man-squashes-spider-explodes-into-tiny-little-spiders-id3683639.html

That's why, no matter how scared I am of them, I use a cup to put them outside. However on one that big :o ? I'd be running to my dad (yes I know I'm 33 and married, but my husband is scared of the big one's too  :P ). 

• Like 3

Hey, this nice Momma spider was quietly minding her hundreds of babies, and the evil giant poked her - perhaps killed her - and all her defenseless little spider kids ran around in terror. Served him right, he should have left Momma alone. :angry:

(You may be able to tell I'm not scared of spiders - and I love this topic.)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

8-Legged Freaks is one of my favorite films!

Eight Legged Freaks made my fear of spiders an uncompromising hatred of them.

Zombie, you- can't complete the thought, I am quite frankly horrified. Thank God you did not post any picture of a Tarantula (NO spider needs to be that big and hairy!!!)

Question: Am I sadistic when I take small joy in watching spiders die???

I'm so arachnophobic, that I cannot bring myself to read Wanda Walker's Spiders and Snakes... :(

Edit: spoke too soon, read only the first page, so seeing that this is several pages I am afraid of continuing and possibly seeing those thrice-damned (not intended as foul language) Tarantulas.

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 2

Zombie, you- can't complete the thought, I am quite frankly horrified. Thank God you did not post any picture of a Tarantula (NO spider needs to that big and hairy!!!)

Edit: spoke too soon, read only the first page, so seeing that this is several pages I am afraid of continuing and possibly seeing those thrice-damned (not intended as foul language) Tarantulas.

just avoid post 46 on page 2 and post 52 on the top of page 3

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37906-spiders/?p=451688

and Zombie's post 78 at the top of page 4 (+ quoted in post 84 a bit further down)

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37906-spiders/?p=467819

then you can browse and enjoy the rest of the topic :rofl:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

just avoid post 46 on page 2 and post 52 on the top of page 3

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37906-spiders/?p=451688

:rofl:

and Zombie's post 78 at the top of page 4

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37906-spiders/?p=467819

Ha! Like I would look at them, reverse psychology will not work on me!!! :P

Edit: Thinking back on it; there was only ONE spider that I ever truly liked and that was Charlotte from Charlotte's Web :D

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 2

Baby Spiders Reportedly Rain Down on Australian Town

May 19, 2015, 1:02 PM ET

By Olivia Smith

Hot Link to Story

Baby spiders are falling from the sky in a town in Australia, according to a local media report.

Millions of spiders seemingly dropped from above earlier this month in the town that is about 125 miles southwest of Sydney, the Goulburn Post reported. It quoted a local resident, Ian Watson, who reportedly posted on the Goulburn Community Forum page:

"Anyone else experiencing this 'Angel Hair' or maybe aka millions of spiders falling from the sky right now? I’m 10 minutes out of town and you can clearly see hundreds of little spiders floating along with their webs and my home is covered in them. Someone call a scientist!"

The scenario, nightmarish as it may be for those who suffer from arachnophobia, is entirely plausible, experts said.

"It's a phenomenal event, but it’s not unprecedented,” said Rick Vetter, a retired research associate of entomology at the University of California, Riverside.

The main reason this happens is because of a dispersal technique called ballooning, Vetter said. Ballooning occurs after a mother spider lays her eggs and they hatch.

more at source

Yes. It gets worse.

Edited by jamessavik
  • Like 2

Baby Spiders Reportedly Rain Down on Australian Town

May 19, 2015, 1:02 PM ET

By Olivia Smith

Hot Link to Story

Baby spiders are falling from the sky in a town in Australia, according to a local media report.

Millions of spiders seemingly dropped from above earlier this month in the town that is about 125 miles southwest of Sydney, the Goulburn Post reported. It quoted a local resident, Ian Watson, who reportedly posted on the Goulburn Community Forum page:

"Anyone else experiencing this 'Angel Hair' or maybe aka millions of spiders falling from the sky right now? I’m 10 minutes out of town and you can clearly see hundreds of little spiders floating along with their webs and my home is covered in them. Someone call a scientist!"

The scenario, nightmarish as it may be for those who suffer from arachnophobia, is entirely plausible, experts said.

"It's a phenomenal event, but it’s not unprecedented,” said Rick Vetter, a retired research associate of entomology at the University of California, Riverside.

The main reason this happens is because of a dispersal technique called ballooning, Vetter said. Ballooning occurs after a mother spider lays her eggs and they hatch.

more at source

Yes. It gets worse.

:o Now I think I'll stay in my house like forever. I'm never going out, or even opening a window knowing something like that can actualy happen for real!!  :unsure:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

scared-smiley-emoticon.gif Someone demanded that I posted this Picture here so here it is

10255675_10152088327853461_3780626800268

Too bad the owner of that car  has to burn it ! Burn it ! :lol: scared-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by slytherin
  • Like 2

the Highway Code says: "Always check your mirrors before driving off"

now we know why... :lol:

10255675_10152088327853461_3780626800268

But even if you don't drive, LBO's pic is a timely reminder that this is the spider breeding season.

Spider nests are exploding into life everywhere.

Here's a pic I have just taken half an hour ago. I turned on the tap to get some water from the outside water butt without looking and suddenly felt this prickling sensation on my arm. Looking down to see what was happening I saw a swarm of baby spiders scuttling up my arm.

Maybe I screamed like a baby, maybe I didn't :P

point is, there will be spider nests near you - right now. Maybe inside you home.

Or your bedroom.

Just thought you might like to know :)

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

To face my phobia, I am going to post an image of a spider...

anatomy-of-spider.jpg

Guys, I am already shuddering, this is the best I can do :/

Maybe one day I can get over my fears :)

Don't count on it. Phobia's are defined as an unreasoning fear, no amount of logic or reasoning will alleviate them!

• Like 2

Yesterday I was tipped off about a Youtube vid. The innocent little blue one anonymous source who doesn't want to be named had to take a shower immediately afterwards. But I'm wondering if this was wise. If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of running water, so it's very possible this happened in or near a bathroom...

Now there will be those who say I'm just trying to make people run, screaming, to the nearest insane asylum. Or gouge their own eyes out with a spoon so they never again have to see images of such unmitigated horror. But they're just mischief makers because, as regular readers will know, this thread is merely an information resource to help people understand the world around them. Something that folks can browse, in comfort, in their La-Z-Boy recliners, secure in the knowledge that they're safe from these crawling nightmares.

Unless, of course, there really is a spiders nest inside their chair. The one they're sitting in. Right now. But, hey, relax! No need to get all alarmed and worked up, because that's most unlikely.

Probably...

Remember, what you see below can't harm you. It can't crawl into your mind and drive you crazy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE66D3ZY7sQ

• Like 2