• Site Moderator

I was going to say that centipedes give me the willies more than spiders, but then I saw the pictures. 

Yikes!!!! :(

I hope most of the shots are extreme close ups and they aren't really as big as they seem.....???? :no:

• Like 2

I was going to say that centipedes give me the willies more than spiders, but then I saw the pictures. 

Yikes!!!! :(

I hope most of the shots are extreme close ups and they aren't really as big as they seem.....???? :no:

Well... the largest spider, the Goliath Bird-Eating Spider, is about the size of a dinner plate. Despite their name, they rarely eat birds... but they are known to eat small mammals, like mice :/

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Well... the largest spider, the Goliath Bird-Eating Spider, is about the size of a dinner plate. Despite their name, they rarely eat birds... but they are known to eat small mammals, like mice :/

Just so you know, I would've liked your post, but I'm all out of likes (nothing new about the scarcity of those critters). So, while I admire your knowledge of arachnology, :thumbup: I would have been quite content not knowing that little tidbit of information. And, I am forever grateful, they will never habitate my neighbourhood. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Because it IS cute. Absolutely adorable :yes:  :rofl:

Not when you're looking at from the screen of a mini iPad it's not!   :no:   :no:

Clicked on the link and this nearly leaped off the screen at me  :(

• Like 1

Not when you're looking at from the screen of a mini iPad it's not!   :no:   :no:

Clicked on the link and this nearly leaped off the screen at me  :(

LOL, it almost filled the whole screen of my laptop. No problem ... for me. :gikkle:

I like spider and snakes and most other critters. Except wasps. :pissed: I hate them.

• Like 1

LOL, it almost filled the whole screen of my laptop. No problem ... for me. :gikkle:

I like spider and snakes and most other critters. Except wasps. :pissed: I hate them.

I like most critters too... except spiders  :thumbdown: 

We are all different in which creatures we like and dislike :) and it is interesting to see that this thread is a resource to educate... although I still refuse to go through the previous pages :lol:

PS: I said it before in this thread, but I'll say it again here: the only spider I ever liked was Charlotte from Charlotte's Web ...while the spider is fictional, I still remember how I cried when she died.

• Like 2

I am afraid to click on Comic's video... :unsure:

I never said I watched it. After you named it I went looking. Like any good writer if you present a topic, before I can write about it or make it my own, I really need to know about it. In this case just the frozen image is enough for me. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Moderator

The moment I read this thread I would happen to find the biggest most evil creature in my bathroom and now I can't find it, it's gone like some spidery assassin. I'm done for.

They are diabolical little buggers, no question about it. 

• Like 2

There seems to be a trend with spiders lately.  Another Darwin Award candidate.  :/

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/woman-causes-accident-jumping-car-after-spider-crawls-down-her-shoulder#.wfs8kc:oiib

My brother sent me this one. I couldn't believe someone could be so stupid with their child in the car.

• Like 2