In my opinion the story will only be done when Priest gets into a relationship with Arbor (or Arbor abandons ship). Since I think none of Arbor's or Priest's issues are so easily solved, and I can't see Mann resorting to the cheap trick of having Priest realizing and sobbing out his love to Arbor in the sick bay, I'm predicting at least another 5 chapters.

OK, other predictions (apart from Carlos no 2 which I agree with):

1. Doc knocks Costa unconscious and keeps him under until he has manufactured enough Calm.
  2. Arbor's tablet got fried, but he escapes with superficial burns.
  3. Priest narrowly escapes a 'session' with Captain Danverse, but is confined in his room as punishment and is almost driven mad with worry for Arbor and Costa (but he'll have time to read all the stufff Arbor sent him. :lol: )

I'm not sure I want to know which awful thought just fried Irri's brain. :o

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I want to know which awful thought just fried Irri's brain.  :o

Well, I was considering holding onto it, but why the hell should I suffer alone. 

You've got an extra consciousness. And you've got an unconscious body. Maybe dying.

Edit: And, not to make people cry or anything, but it's not clear to me that Mac will survive. Although I was thinking of Arbor, not Mac.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

I've been doing accounting since 0730 EST, needed a short break and did not have enough time to work on any of my own stories........

Not sure how he'll handle Poll, may not be a humanoid, maybe a cyborg or AI (he could marry Mrs Claus!)

How about Angus shoots Costa using the stun cycle and Doc administers a sedative to knock him out until calm can be restored!

Okay, I'm sober and I'm not high.

That marriage idea was inspired and that pun seemed hilarious!

Where's the loony bin?

:blink:

Edit.... I think I'd use the spin cycle if I was Angus! :gikkle:

Edited by Carlos H
  • Like 1

In my opinion the story will only be done when Priest gets into a relationship with Arbor (or Arbor abandons ship). Since I think none of Arbor's or Priest's issues are so easily solved, and I can't see Mann resorting to the cheap trick of having Priest realizing and sobbing out his love to Arbor in the sick bay, I'm predicting at least another 5 chapters.

He doesn't need to Tim. Priest has already acknowledged his feelings for Arbor. The ones for Costa are more like you would feel towards an abandoned puppy, he gave up on riding that piece of flesh already, he's into the little guy with the big dinkus!

• Like 1

Priest has already acknowledged his feelings for Arbor. The ones for Costa are more like you would feel towards an abandoned puppy, he gave up on riding that piece of flesh already, he's into the little guy with the big dinkus!

You may be right, but I'm not sure Priest is able to:

1. call it love (and forever)
  2. become monogamous
  3. convince Arbor and win his trust / heart

we'll see. :unsure: 

LMAO!

Why does he have to call it anything? What's forever? Different strokes for different folks and none of those strokes are wrong, just different.

Why does monogamy have to come into it? What's so great about it? Once again, different strokes...

Please, Arbor is such a goner it's not even funny!

Ya think he was trying to find a way to help Costa for the hell of it?

He wanted to do something nice for Priest.

If was all about protecting the ship he would have spilled the beans to Mac or Danverse.

Y'all gotta remember this is Mann not Disney!

More likely than not, the prince is part frog!

Ribbit!

• Like 2
Why does monogamy have to come into it?

Priest and Pariahs chapter 9

Priest was a free spirit that couldn't be tied down to one man, and pretending otherwise was just a source of grief. It would be best to let Priest do what he wanted with whomever he wanted, and Arbor take what he could get, but he just couldn't share. Not with Priest.

QED

But I agree they would be better off, if they could be a couple, but have an open relationship. For that to happen, Arbor needs to lose his inferiority complex. Talk about an uphill battle...

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

We know about Poll, Danverse and Mac found out about the problem, the Doc can manufacture Calm, he can also regrow body parts or replace them (Luxorian Fugitive.)

Just a note of clarification. If you're referring to Hadrian's arm in Luxorian, it's an artificial replacement made by Dr. Totoyo. Not Doctor Bosch. Otherwise the rest of these points are correct. :)

I'm loving the discussion as always! :D

• Like 1

Just a couple of observations. I enjoy upsetting the apple cart.

1. WE may know about Pol, but Arbor, Priest, Mac, Danvers and the rest do not yet.

2. Logic can be highly over rated and completely not applicable in matters of emotion.

3. If one or more of us become beta's for Mann we couldn't play the way we do! Sometimes advanced knowledge is no fun at all!

4.  I thought this IS the loony bin!?!

• Like 2

Kitt, you're sooooooo right.

There's one story I've read in advance so I have to watch what I say in the reviews, thankfully there's no forum discussion.

Otherwise I'd be like you with Sasha's stories. :X

I have a question for the gang, something I mentioned in passing before but not one of you commented on.

Am I the only one that thinks of Priest as a reincarnation of Han Solo/Harrison Ford?

Maybe Danvers will freeze Priest in the Santa Claus equivalent of Carbonite as a cliffhanger..... until the next book!!!!

(I want royalties buddy!)

I was sort of ignoring the reference to Chewey.  I get the feeling that deep down Priest is a tad less reckless than Hans was. At least some of the time he thinks about the consequences. Hans never seemed to do that till he was already knee deep in offal.

• Like 2

Offal!

ah yes... must somehow work word into dialogue of two gay men living in Chelsea..... :rofl:

Did you know I keep a little list of words I come accross and I'd like to use just because?

Why do I get the feeling more of my offhand comments are going to end up in print under your byline than under mine?

• Like 2

I love all of these predictions! :D I just wish I could comment more but I don't want to ruin any surprises for anyone.

I know the feeling Mann!  When I read in Sasha'f forums I need a cup full of crushed ice handy!

I think you're starting to figure out how twisted my mind really is! :P

People who are predictable are no fun to hang out with!

• Like 2

Wow. How did I miss all this...very entertaining guys and girls...er..editors. I predict this story will have legs for a while yet...and monogamy is important to Arbor...he doesn't want to share his sock puppet and he doesn't want to share Priest...and god love him...Priest turned down hot sex because it wasn't Arbor :o ...different strokes or stroking or something...just had to weigh in on all the fun...cheers...G

• Like 2

I'll deal this round... House rules, 5 card stud, Deuces Wild...

(Sorry Mann, ellipses are 3 consecutive dots no additional punctuation afterwards, Point of Personal Preference :rofl:)

I went out last night, so home this evening.

Had a real nice nap this afternoon so no need to get to bed early.

Have done some research, editing and writing on my stuff.

Hmmmm, something seems to be missing here and can't think what it could be?

Oh well, it'll cum to me. Back to the Poker.game, guys.

Edited by Carlos H
  • Like 1